Jump to topic:

Rubber necking on the highway

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:17:10 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Can someone pleas explain to me why anytime there is an accident on the highway, especially going the opposite direction from you, people need to slow down and rubber neck to see what happened, everybody slows right down and traffic comes to a crawl and sometimes even another accident happens because people are looking over instead of driving ahead of them. You drive slow for 10 minutes or longer and then the traffic picks up again because the accident was on the other side.

Are peoples lives that boring that they have nothing better to do on their way home or wherever they are going to have to all slow right down to see the accident on the other side especially when your side of the road is clear to drive.

I don't get it Why??
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 11:57:34 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/7/2016 8:17:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Can someone pleas explain to me why anytime there is an accident on the highway, especially going the opposite direction from you, people need to slow down and rubber neck to see what happened, everybody slows right down and traffic comes to a crawl and sometimes even another accident happens because people are looking over instead of driving ahead of them. You drive slow for 10 minutes or longer and then the traffic picks up again because the accident was on the other side.

Are peoples lives that boring that they have nothing better to do on their way home or wherever they are going to have to all slow right down to see the accident on the other side especially when your side of the road is clear to drive.

I don't get it Why??

It's an interesting phenomenon actually. A traffic jam created only by people selfishly not caring about the people behind them so they can slow down and look at something and hopefully see a little blood or gore or mangled metal. Some day i want to stand by a crash while people are doing it, and flip them off and hold up a sign "you're creating a traffic jam you dumb fux! SPEED UP"
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.