Jump to topic:

askbob

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 11:58:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, askbob is threatening to do terrible things to me on this site. He says he's gotten 8 people to leave. If this is true, why are people doing as he says? This totally ruins the purpose of the site. Why are people ok with that? He merely wants to do so because I won't say why I voted the way I did in his debate in the comments section. I might have if he hadn't harassed me. Even if you don't like me in some way, I would hope that people on this site, especially the admins would not let harassment like that get so bad people leave the site. Can I get an explanation?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 11:59:35 PM
At 1/19/2011 11:58:22 PM, rogue wrote:
So, askbob is threatening to do terrible things to me on this site. He says he's gotten 8 people to leave. If this is true, why are people doing as he says? This totally ruins the purpose of the site. Why are people ok with that? He merely wants to do so because I won't say why I voted the way I did in his debate in the comments section. I might have if he hadn't harassed me. Even if you don't like me in some way, I would hope that people on this site, especially the admins would not let harassment like that get so bad people leave the site. Can I get an explanation?

http://www2.picturepush.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:01:42 AM
Generally, he only runs off people who are overly sensitive, universally despised, or both.

It's starting to look like you might fall into one of the above categories.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:03:34 AM
The purpose of the site is for people to debate (URL Name) and to improve their debating skills.

I'm asking you to provide a reason for decision or unvote.

The reason for decision helps both debaters become better and improve their debating skills (the mission of the site).

You knowing my rationale do not want to help both debaters improve and refuse to unvote.

Thus you are hurting this site more with your biased voting and lack of reason.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:09:21 AM
Both of you are being ridiculous.

Askbob, your reasons for attacking her are true but running her off the site is incredibly uncalled for.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:10:43 AM
FFS with this drama.

1) askbob please do not harass members, it is against the ToS. However I understand that when someone gives most of the points to someone they should explain. They are not required too, however if you notice its a problem, please leave a profile comment and link to the debate asking for it to be clarified.

2) Rogue, before voting please read the debate, and then skim back through to make sure you make an informed choice. It is best to explain your reasoning, especially if most of the points go to a particular person.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:15:52 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:09:21 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Askbob, your reasons for attacking her are true but running her off the site is incredibly uncalled for.

I'm not running her off the site for simply not initially leaving an RFD but expecting me to beg her to leave one then being bitchy and refusing when I don't beg her.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:17:04 AM

relax.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:17:09 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:10:43 AM, lovelife wrote:
FFS with this drama.

1) askbob please do not harass members, it is against the ToS.

The TOS has not been established and it will be user created. Most members do not want anything in the TOS that says you can't harass others.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:19:14 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:17:09 AM, askbob wrote:
FFS with this drama.

The TOS has not been established and it will be user created. Most members do not want anything in the TOS that says you can't harass others.

Why do you WANT to?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:19:35 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:17:04 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

relax.

This.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:20:15 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:19:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
FFS with this drama.

Why do you WANT to?

To accomplish a clear goal - getting rogue to unvote on my debate or leave a reason for decision. Either is acceptable.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:21:53 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:01:42 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Generally, he only runs off people who are overly sensitive, universally despised, or both.

It's starting to look like you might fall into one of the above categories.

I don't think I've done anything to deserve that. Plus, how is running people off the site ok even if they are despised? That's like saying it's ok to be mean to someone if everyone doesn't like that person.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:22:49 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:03:34 AM, askbob wrote:
The purpose of the site is for people to debate (URL Name) and to improve their debating skills.

I'm asking you to provide a reason for decision or unvote.

The reason for decision helps both debaters become better and improve their debating skills (the mission of the site).

You knowing my rationale do not want to help both debaters improve and refuse to unvote.

Thus you are hurting this site more with your biased voting and lack of reason.

I told you my reasoning and even changed my vote. I just don't want to post anything in the comments section of you debate. Especially when you demand and theaten me.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:24:29 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:21:53 AM, rogue wrote:
I don't think I've done anything to deserve that. Plus, how is running people off the site ok even if they are despised? That's like saying it's ok to be mean to someone if everyone doesn't like that person.

well... I generally think it's ok to be mean to someone if I Really don't like the person..
though I don't really consider what everyone else thinks..

still, mean within limits... but mean enough to dig everything in a bit :o)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:25:26 AM
FFS with this drama.

1) askbob please do not harass members, it is against the ToS. However I understand that when someone gives most of the points to someone they should explain. They are not required too, however if you notice its a problem, please leave a profile comment and link to the debate asking for it to be clarified.

2) Rogue, before voting please read the debate, and then skim back through to make sure you make an informed choice. It is best to explain your reasoning, especially if most of the points go to a particular person.

That is the thing. I did. I read it over three times and changed my vote. If a person is winning by a lot, I might feel it doesn't matter if I vote for the other person to give them some credit and points if my vote basically doesn't count in the debate since the other person is winning by a lot.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:25:58 AM
Rogue, for now on just leave rfds on debates that don't have an obvious winner. It's something everyone, myself included, should improve on as well.

Bob, stop harassing people.

It may be reeeeeally hard to accept for some, but sometimes there really is a way to make everyone happy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:26:21 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:15:52 AM, askbob wrote:
At 1/20/2011 12:09:21 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I'm not running her off the site for simply not initially leaving an RFD but expecting me to beg her to leave one then being bitchy and refusing when I don't beg her.

You expect me to leave one anyway? I wasn't expecting anything from you but to be ok if I say no.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:26:23 AM
I have a better idea.

How about you just vote bomb everyone who ever gives you a bad review.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:27:37 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:20:15 AM, askbob wrote:
At 1/20/2011 12:19:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
FFS with this drama.

Why do you WANT to?

To accomplish a clear goal - getting rogue to unvote on my debate or leave a reason for decision. Either is acceptable.

That is worth running people off the site?
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:29:31 AM
Wow, over reaction much?

If you don't actually read the debate, then why vote? Leave it to the users who have an interest in being fair voters. "Skimming" does not count. And really, threatening to vote bomb him and then block him because he's asking you to give a RFD is a little... Well, really stupid. He started out polite (as did you) but I can see why he became upset -- why won't you back up your vote? It's YOUR vote! And if his opponent is already losing badly, obviously he could use some suggestions/criticisms from a RFD as well. That conversation went downhill fast but seriously rogue, if you have to back up your posts in the forums -- you have to back up your votes in the debates. Simple as that.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:29:56 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:26:23 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I have a better idea.

How about you just vote bomb everyone who ever gives you a bad review.

Because it leads to more vote bombing. My goal is to lessen/end vote bombing. It's possible when you know who votes.

Rogue is acting like she wants her privacy respected. Clearly this has earned her more publicity than one comment in a debate section that has an RFD.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:30:15 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:31:12 AM
bob stop PMSig about your debate. Rogue, avoid his debates, and if it continues ignore him. From now on leave a reason for your vote in the comments, I knpw AB explained why that is important.

Also I agree AB, find a new way to deal with conflict.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:31:32 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:30:15 AM, askbob wrote:

LOL. A RFD is asking too much??
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:32:01 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:29:31 AM, annhasle wrote:
Wow, over reaction much?

If you don't actually read the debate, then why vote? Leave it to the users who have an interest in being fair voters. "Skimming" does not count. And really, threatening to vote bomb him and then block him because he's asking you to give a RFD is a little... Well, really stupid. He started out polite (as did you) but I can see why he became upset -- why won't you back up your vote? It's YOUR vote! And if his opponent is already losing badly, obviously he could use some suggestions/criticisms from a RFD as well. That conversation went downhill fast but seriously rogue, if you have to back up your posts in the forums -- you have to back up your votes in the debates. Simple as that.

I DID BACK UP THE VOTE. I EVEN CHANGED IT IN HIS FAVOR. HE THEN MAILED ME FOUR MESSAGES INSISTING THAT I POST IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. THEN HE THREATENED ME AGAIN.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:33:42 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:31:32 AM, annhasle wrote:

I GAVE HIM WHAT HE WANTED. HE WANTED ME TO POST IT. I DON'T DO WHAT OTHERS ASK WHEN THEY THREATEN ME.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:34:01 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:32:01 AM, rogue wrote:
Wow, over reaction much?

I DID BACK UP THE VOTE. I EVEN CHANGED IT IN HIS FAVOR. HE THEN MAILED ME FOUR MESSAGES INSISTING THAT I POST IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. THEN HE THREATENED ME AGAIN.

Explain your fvcking votes. You would go to lengths to argue for hours about NOT explaining your vote, rather than take 2 minutes to explain it? How does that make any sense?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:35:52 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:33:42 AM, rogue wrote:
At 1/20/2011 12:31:32 AM, annhasle wrote:

I GAVE HIM WHAT HE WANTED. HE WANTED ME TO POST IT. I DON'T DO WHAT OTHERS ASK WHEN THEY THREATEN ME.

Define "threat"...

you realize, everyone can see the PM convo now, right?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2011 12:36:34 AM
At 1/20/2011 12:32:01 AM, rogue wrote:
Wow, over reaction much?

I DID BACK UP THE VOTE.

Lol. You started out with saying "No."

I EVEN CHANGED IT IN HIS FAVOR.

After he confronted you about your clear bias.

HE THEN MAILED ME FOUR MESSAGES INSISTING THAT I POST IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.

No sh!t. Vote bombing is a big problem on this site. He gave reasons why it was important to him AND his opponent and yet you kept saying "No" as though he was asking you to write a book.

THEN HE THREATENED ME AGAIN.

Mmhmm. Good luck being on this site and NOT being threatened to be run off. You know why? Because, like he and I said, vote bombing is a prevalent issue which we are trying to eradicate. And if you blatantly vote bomb and then refuse to RFD, askbob is justified in his frustration and in sending you four messages.

JEEZ....