Jump to topic:

Two Years

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:29:12 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
On November 13th, 2014, so just over two years ago, a form of cancer abruptly entered my life.

It wasn't bad at first, and I often forgot I had it for the first few months, but it began to draw me back in after a few months. I couldn't escape it, and no matter how hard I tried to get rid of it, it always returned, like it was laughing at me for even trying. It began to take up more of my personal time than I wanted, keeping me up late at night and distracting me during school. It would only get worse as time went on, like it controlled my life and my time. It would slowly involve me in ways I didn't expect, and it ran across my mind daily.

However, because of this cancer, I've met some great people, made some friends, and had some fun with them. I would look forward to seeing them after school, to hanging out with them in the evenings, to playing games online together. Some left, and others came, and I miss those who are gone, and welcome the rest.

It's been a rather wild journey. Lots of stuff has happened. Lots of things have been said. Lots of drama has risen up from it. I don't know what this cancer will continue to do with me, but I hope it's worthwhile.

That cancer is DDO.

So uh, two years since I joined this forsaken site...

AMA
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 4:50:12 PM
I have been here on and off for over 7 years mate.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:49:26 PM
At 11/16/2016 4:50:12 PM, Devilry wrote:

Your profile says 4.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:49:42 PM
At 11/16/2016 4:29:12 PM, Vaarka wrote:

DDO crush?

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:50:15 PM

What would drive you to litterally kill someone?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:56:42 PM
At 11/16/2016 5:49:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:

DDO crush?

Debatability?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:57:04 PM
At 11/16/2016 5:50:15 PM, lannan13 wrote:

What would drive you to litterally kill someone?

My life being on the line (or someone I care about)

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:57:13 PM

kewl

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 6:24:07 PM
At 11/16/2016 5:56:42 PM, Vaarka wrote:

DDO crush?

Debatability?

Why?

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 6:25:41 PM

What was your name before this?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 6:29:30 PM
At 11/16/2016 6:24:07 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/16/2016 5:56:42 PM, Vaarka wrote:

DDO crush?

Debatability?

Why?

Because her avatar reminds me of someone I like irl

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 6:56:06 PM
At 11/16/2016 6:25:41 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

...Vaarka

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 6:56:19 PM
At 11/16/2016 6:56:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:

...Vaarka

Oh, you weren't asking me, nvm

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 8:03:59 PM

I'm badger, Rob. 'Tis good to see you still around mate.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 11:47:03 PM
At 11/16/2016 8:03:59 PM, Devilry wrote:

Oh sh1t! I thought you were long-gone. How is Ireland treating you these days?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 11:58:22 PM
On November 13th, 2014, so just over two years ago, a form of cancer abruptly entered my life.

It wasn't bad at first, and I often forgot I had it for the first few months, but it began to draw me back in after a few months. I couldn't escape it, and no matter how hard I tried to get rid of it, it always returned, like it was laughing at me for even trying. It began to take up more of my personal time than I wanted, keeping me up late at night and distracting me during school. It would only get worse as time went on, like it controlled my life and my time. It would slowly involve me in ways I didn't expect, and it ran across my mind daily.

However, because of this cancer, I've met some great people, made some friends, and had some fun with them. I would look forward to seeing them after school, to hanging out with them in the evenings, to playing games online together. Some left, and others came, and I miss those who are gone, and welcome the rest.

It's been a rather wild journey. Lots of stuff has happened. Lots of things have been said. Lots of drama has risen up from it. I don't know what this cancer will continue to do with me, but I hope it's worthwhile.

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:16:08 AM
At 11/16/2016 11:58:22 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.

My honest opinion on you is why you honestly haven't asked me if I want all of your questions!

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:16:35 AM
At 11/17/2016 12:16:08 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.

My honest opinion on you is why you honestly haven't asked me if I want all of your questions!

IDK, do you?

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:16:57 AM

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.

You say you're not politically savvy, and a host of those questions relate to politics.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:17:54 AM
At 11/17/2016 12:16:35 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.

IDK, do you?

No! :D

but feel free to ask any that aren't "politically savvy"

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:19:54 AM
At 11/17/2016 12:17:54 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.

IDK, do you?

Give me your honest opinion of me.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:47:56 AM

You're THAT Badger? As in AnDoctuir?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:31:49 AM

Congrats, 2 years is an extremely long time, especially in internet time.

Regardless, what movie/book/album have you seen/read/listened to repeatedly the most amount of times?

Do you want a drone?

Have you tried VR?

What do you watch on Youtube?

Favorite teacher/class in school?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:13:28 AM
At 11/16/2016 11:47:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Ireland will love me always, mate. Here I'm drunk after rewatching Conor McGregor doing us proud with my mates. God bless lol. That's about me.

How're you doing Rob?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:15:15 AM
At 11/17/2016 12:47:56 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

You're THAT Badger? As in AnDoctuir?

Aye that nut lol. I care less these days don't worry.
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:42:29 AM

Favorite anime?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:53:12 AM
At 11/17/2016 2:13:28 AM, Devilry wrote:
At 11/16/2016 11:47:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Ireland will love me always, mate. Here I'm drunk after rewatching Conor McGregor doing us proud with my mates. God bless lol. That's about me.

How're you doing Rob?

I haven't seen the last McGregor fight yet. I hope he fights Diaz again that is like the most epic matchup ever. I'm doing good, I decided to start DDOIng again recently, I'm sick of Facebook and this keeps me off it lol. Its funny watching people cycle out of DDO, it seems like it's always brand new people every time I come on.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:06:18 PM
At 11/17/2016 12:19:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/17/2016 12:17:54 AM, Vaarka wrote:

That cancer is DDO.

AMA

Honest opinion.

IDK, do you?

Give me your honest opinion of me.

I haven't seen you around as much these past two weeks or so, but then again I've been less active as well (save mafia). However, the absence of spam tells me that you're still doing your best. I think you're a good member, humorous in your own way. Some other members think otherwise, but I find what you say to often be funny, or ironic (ironic towards the person you're replying with). Glad to have you around, even if you won't accept my friend request ;3

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:07:11 PM
At 11/17/2016 12:37:52 AM, XLAV wrote:
Who do you wanna fvck in DDO?

Max