Jump to topic:

How many Lives is your Life Worth?

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 6:21:19 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Let's say you're in some crazy scenario where it's either your life or another person's. You have a choice where either you live, but the other person dies, or you die and the other person lives. However, what if it's more than one person? Such as if you live then two other people die or three or four and so on. So, the question is: what is the max number of people would you let die so that you may live? Just one? Two? 100? The entire human population?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:09:41 AM
At 11/20/2016 6:21:19 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
Let's say you're in some crazy scenario where it's either your life or another person's. You have a choice where either you live, but the other person dies, or you die and the other person lives. However, what if it's more than one person? Such as if you live then two other people die or three or four and so on. So, the question is: what is the max number of people would you let die so that you may live? Just one? Two? 100? The entire human population?

Can we ask a question or two first ?
How will they die. Real quick , painlessly.
And the other person, do you know them ? How many 50 year olds will die before a 8 year old.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:10:43 AM
At 11/20/2016 7:09:41 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

They'll be shot.

And the other person, do you know them ? How many 50 year olds will die before a 8 year old.

Randomly selected, normal people.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:12:23 AM
At 11/20/2016 7:10:43 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

They'll be shot.

And is their a slight chance of getting to the person with the gun .
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:19:35 AM
At 11/20/2016 7:12:23 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

They'll be shot.

This is a hypothetical question that is not based on reality, simply asking what is the max amount of people you'd be willing to let die so you can live. I do not need to get into the specifics.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:24:10 AM
If I can see the gun they are getting shoot with . And it holds between 1 to 10 bullets .
10 people will have to die before me.
If the person can simply reload and you can't get to them .
The amount of people that my life is worth is 1 more then the amount of bullets they have.
I'm no gentleman when it comes to getting shot unfortunately.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 7:35:14 AM
At 11/20/2016 7:19:35 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/20/2016 7:12:23 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

They'll be shot.

This is a hypothetical question that is not based on reality, simply asking what is the max amount of people you'd be willing to let die so you can live. I do not need to get into the specifics.

Well 1, 5 maybe , or 150,769. Since we are not getting into specifics.
Maybe 33, or 18,000 and a half.
Good game , Good game.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:28:20 AM

Sorry Peters
OK I went away and had a good think about it.
I'm stressed out to the max for you putting me in this situation.
I'm worth 30 ish I worked out
1 to know if it's real, 2 to know I'm not dreaming , 3 to know it's really real . 4 because the last person they shoot was one of them types of people I don't like, and was hoping it was another one of em. 5 because maybe it might be one of them types I don't like.
6 the same reasons the 4th. 7 because the 6th person was another one of the types I don't like. 8 Because it might be one of the types of people I don't like. 9 because this can't be real 10 to know it's real again . 11 to sink in . 12 because I'm starting to like it .
13 to realize I really do like it. 14 because I don't want to die, 15 , 16 , 17, 18, because I just remembered it's hypocritical. 19 , 20 ,21 22, because I love it aND have to wait for my erection to go down. 23, 24, 25, 26 just hoping it's one of them types of people I don't like. 27, 28 , because I am gambler and it might be one of them types of people I don't like, and then me 29 just to see if this is for real and I'm not dreaming it.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 11:15:35 AM

This implies that life has any sort of worth whatsoever.

/end nihilistic observations
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 3:30:33 PM
I'd kill a man in self-defense. Might kill the whole world of men in self-defense. Wouldn't kill a man who was just minding his own business.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 3:53:40 PM
Then there's question of letting people die. I'd give my life to save a child's, maybe a pretty girl's, probably anyone in my family, or maybe just someone I thought would do some good in the world (though I'd never sacrifice anyone else for a greater good). Letting people die is a weird question though. I'm probably not a very good person, I'm probably in fact wholly self-interested. I don't give blood, don't do charitable work, don't really help anyone out in any way at all. How many people am I letting die in that? What am I valuing greater than their lives? You know I think there's a sort of apathy in Christianity...
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 8:46:39 PM

Exactly 69831742042036986902
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 9:16:13 PM

If I were to live in a world where there is a power that is able to eliminate the entire human population, I would let the entire population die. For we would all be living in tyranny and as slaves.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 9:17:23 PM
At 11/20/2016 9:16:13 PM, sadolite wrote:

If I were to live in a world where there is a power that is able to eliminate the entire human population, I would let the entire population die. For we would all be living in tyranny and as slaves.

I would die for you sadolite.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 12:11:28 AM
At 11/20/2016 9:17:23 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 11/20/2016 9:16:13 PM, sadolite wrote:

I would die for you sadolite.

that would be a waste of your life
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 2:32:10 AM

I see a paradox here. Nobody else's life is worth anything, so that would mean my life is worth 0 lives. But if I would let everyone in the world die for my survival, clearly, mine would be worth more.
I came here to troll everyone :D
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 2:56:24 AM

I choose for them to live, and that I live and hope for the best. I would risk my life and fight till the end gladly under the right circumstances. I will not volunteer ending my life. It is not a possibility. I am not responsible for choosing whether others die. It is not a capacity of mine to choose death of a person. I will choose life.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:09:27 AM
At 11/21/2016 2:56:24 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

I choose for them to live, and that I live and hope for the best. I would risk my life and fight till the end gladly under the right circumstances. I will not volunteer ending my life. It is not a possibility. I am not responsible for choosing whether others die. It is not a capacity of mine to choose death of a person. I will choose life.

Pffffft. Now why would you want to do that? Oh yeah you're probably worthless too, nvm.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:12:53 AM
At 11/21/2016 3:09:27 AM, GrassyPunk wrote:

Pffffft. Now why would you want to do that? Oh yeah you're probably worthless too, nvm.

After calling me worthless, and not even taking the time to spell out never mind. :') Oh the authenticity.
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:18:26 AM
At 11/21/2016 3:12:53 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

After calling me worthless, and not even taking the time to spell out never mind. :') Oh the authenticity.

What's life like being a grammar Nazi? Do you like getting your @ss beaten by Soviets and capitalist Americans?
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:22:11 AM

Nlgga, go back to the sewer you crawled out from and think of some better insults.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:38:56 AM
At 11/21/2016 3:18:26 AM, GrassyPunk wrote:

What's life like being a grammar Nazi? Do you like getting your @ss beaten by Soviets and capitalist Americans?

Wouldn't know. Real Nazi's don't need your a$$. I had a black Jewish lesbian whom my parents converted the sex to ensure their eternal fate rightfully since my birth and they wrote more completely then you with their nails on the walls. Even they wouldn't derail this thread so poorly....They were loaded.
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 3:54:22 AM
At 11/21/2016 3:38:56 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Wouldn't know. Real Nazi's don't need your a$$. I had a black Jewish lesbian whom my parents converted the sex to ensure their eternal fate rightfully since my birth and they wrote more completely then you with their nails on the walls. Even they wouldn't derail this thread so poorly....They were loaded.

Bruh, your worthless @ss doesn't need an owner to make you a slave. Just look at your avatar, you tie your own leash? Are you implying that you naturally make yourself look like a washed-up pathetic loser with no life? Is your body a slave to your worthless brain? Also a dog fits perfectly, you correcting grammar is like that annoying mutt that barks at people in the streets. Nobody gives a shlt about them, and nobody wants them. Just look at your profile, you have made the same amount of friends as I did with 5 months to spare.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 4:04:15 AM
*Sigh*

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 4:04:45 AM

You call yourself Quadrunner? Stop pretending you are a pro athlete. Look at your skinny noodle mutt legs. Your worthless @ss quads couldn't even last if you were doing slave work...
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 4:06:44 AM
At 11/21/2016 4:04:15 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
*Sigh*

I know, he is so worthless it's not even funny, but on the bright side, I am sure you can relate.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 4:20:04 AM
At 11/21/2016 3:54:22 AM, GrassyPunk wrote:

Bruh, your worthless @ss doesn't need an owner to make you a slave. Just look at your avatar, you tie your own leash? Are you implying that you naturally make yourself look like a washed-up pathetic loser with no life? Is your body a slave to your worthless brain? Also a dog fits perfectly, you correcting grammar is like that annoying mutt that barks at people in the streets. Nobody gives a shlt about them, and nobody wants them. Just look at your profile, you have made the same amount of friends as I did with 5 months to spare.

Don't knock the picture. The fact that I haven't unleashed myself is the reason you still think its worth wasting breath. I've got better friends and more b!tches then you can hope for in your entire parasitically pathetic existence. I've wasted enough with you. Say what you need to say to make your failure of a life somehow bearable.

Also, you smell.
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 4:25:41 AM
At 11/21/2016 4:20:04 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/21/2016 3:54:22 AM, GrassyPunk wrote:

Don't knock the picture. The fact that I haven't unleashed myself is the reason you still think its worth wasting breath. I've got better friends and more b!tches then you can hope for in your entire parasitically pathetic existence. I've wasted enough with you. Say what you need to say to make your failure of a life somehow bearable.

Also, you smell.

"Better friends".

Lmao, many of your DDO friends are the same as mine, and all your little jab at me did is insult my friends ;) Also, you just called people b!tches.

Whatever makes you feel powerful behind your computer screen :)
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 4:32:26 AM
*Sigh*

You didn't really get what you were asking for, did you? Lol.

I don't really know. It's a difficult question. I'd be more inclined personally to give up my own life first, I think, just because I wouldn't want to be responsible for other people dying when I could have prevented it. Life is a valuable thing.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 5:11:23 AM
At 11/21/2016 4:32:26 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
*Sigh*

You didn't really get what you were asking for, did you? Lol.

Triggered