Jump to topic:

Favorite Thanksgiving Dinner *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:26:03 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I want to know. How many of you people here celebrate Thanksgiving ? Raise your and if you do. We all love to eat don't we. Especially if you are an American. We have
traditional dishes that we normally associate with this holiday. What do you like to eat on this day. Give me your best Thanksgiving dinner possible. Here is mines.
Fried turkey, brown ham flavored rice, sweet peas, candied yams, cornbread, stuffing, deluxe mac n cheese, apple sauce, almonds, pecan pie, and chocolate cake.
And as for my drink, just give me good ole fashioned sweet tea. Okay, your turn. =)
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:46:50 PM
We generally have 30 plus members at our thanksgiving dinner...so everyone brings their signature dishes. But my faviourtes would have to be:
My grandmas sweet potatoes, with roasted marshmallows on top, and brown sugar on top.
My brother's homemade mashed potatoes..with real potatoes, not the powdered ones, lol.
Really, those are the two sides I am most excited about XD
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:56:28 PM
At 11/21/2016 7:46:50 PM, Rosalie wrote:
We generally have 30 plus members at our thanksgiving dinner...so everyone brings their signature dishes. But my faviourtes would have to be:
My grandmas sweet potatoes, with roasted marshmallows on top, and brown sugar on top.
My brother's homemade mashed potatoes..with real potatoes, not the powdered ones, lol.

Awwww. Good story here. Real potatoes are better than the manufactured ones, that is for sure.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 7:57:42 PM
Thanksgiving dinner usually ends with me going to bed early, mainly because being around my family all day somehow wears me out. Of course, it's been because I came down with a fever once or twice, but usually I just get tired from being around everyone (though I usually go on a campout prior).

We end up celebrating it the Sunday before since it's when all of my family is available, so I usually get home Sunday afternoon, rush to do homework, and then act somewhat polite and eat food.

On Thanksgiving day, we drive to see my mom's side of the family, and if I'm being honest, I don't really like most of my mom's family. Sure, I actually like a few of them, like my oldest aunt and uncle, but a lot of her family is either very self-centered, birthing babies faster than I'm aging (I don't think I've even met some of my second-cousins), or shoving me around. It reminds me of when my Maryland friends came to visit a few years ago, and I tend to avoid having to visit her side of the family more than once or twice a year. The food isn't that good either...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:01:31 PM
At 11/21/2016 7:57:42 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Thanksgiving dinner usually ends with me going to bed early, mainly because being around my family all day somehow wears me out. Of course, it's been because I came down with a fever once or twice, but usually I just get tired from being around everyone (though I usually go on a campout prior).

We end up celebrating it the Sunday before since it's when all of my family is available, so I usually get home Sunday afternoon, rush to do homework, and then act somewhat polite and eat food.

On Thanksgiving day, we drive to see my mom's side of the family, and if I'm being honest, I don't really like most of my mom's family. Sure, I actually like a few of them, like my oldest aunt and uncle, but a lot of her family is either very self-centered, birthing babies faster than I'm aging (I don't think I've even met some of my second-cousins), or shoving me around. It reminds me of when my Maryland friends came to visit a few years ago, and I tend to avoid having to visit her side of the family more than once or twice a year. The food isn't that good either...

tl;dr -- I mostly only enjoy Thanksgiving for the short break from school I get
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 8:33:24 PM

You get tired of socializing? LOL. Do you have any of those smaller cousins that like to run everywhere.. up and down the stairs, getting toys, throwing them at eachtoher?

Or the cousins that are girls, and play like they're bestfriends..but then get into an argument.. and won't talk for the rest of the day? :p

" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 9:25:40 PM
At 11/21/2016 8:01:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Tell us what do you like to eat.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 10:24:03 PM
At 11/21/2016 8:33:24 PM, Rosalie wrote:

You get tired of socializing? LOL. Do you have any of those smaller cousins that like to run everywhere.. up and down the stairs, getting toys, throwing them at eachtoher?
On my dad's side, I'm the youngest cousin, but it's usually because I go camping the weekend of our Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm already sore and tired.

Or the cousins that are girls, and play like they're bestfriends..but then get into an argument.. and won't talk for the rest of the day? :p
Only one girl cousin that comes to visit.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 10:24:27 PM
At 11/21/2016 9:25:40 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/21/2016 8:01:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Tell us what do you like to eat.

Mac and Cheese, Venison, and bread rolls.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 7:24:16 AM
At 11/21/2016 7:26:03 PM, inferno wrote:
I want to know. How many of you people here celebrate Thanksgiving ? Raise your and if you do. We all love to eat don't we. Especially if you are an American. We have
traditional dishes that we normally associate with this holiday. What do you like to eat on this day. Give me your best Thanksgiving dinner possible. Here is mines.
Fried turkey, brown ham flavored rice, sweet peas, candied yams, cornbread, stuffing, deluxe mac n cheese, apple sauce, almonds, pecan pie, and chocolate cake.
And as for my drink, just give me good ole fashioned sweet tea. Okay, your turn. =)

That all sounds so good. Though I won't really be having a Thanksgiving with my family this year as I have work during the celebration and not to mention that I'm too far away. Generally on Thanksgiving I get Turkey or ham depending on the day, mash potatoes and gravy, Mac N Cheese, Stuffing (by far my favorate), and the sweet King's Hawian Rolls. For dessert, you have the Apple Pie Alamo where it's apple pie with a scoop of ice creampie warmed up on top of it. Afterwards, there's always a family game of Scrabble and Uno.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 7:24:43 AM
Oh, and you can't forget about watching Thanksgiving football.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 1:13:43 PM
At 11/22/2016 7:24:16 AM, lannan13 wrote:

That all sounds so good. Though I won't really be having a Thanksgiving with my family this year as I have work during the celebration and not to mention that I'm too far away. Generally on Thanksgiving I get Turkey or ham depending on the day, mash potatoes and gravy, Mac N Cheese, Stuffing (by far my favorate), and the sweet King's Hawian Rolls. For dessert, you have the Apple Pie Alamo where it's apple pie with a scoop of ice creampie warmed up on top of it. Afterwards, there's always a family game of Scrabble and Uno.

You mentioning the games thing reminded me of something. Every year, when my older cousin comes over for Thanksgiving, we play a ton of SSB melee on the gamecube

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:29:27 PM
At 11/22/2016 1:13:43 PM, Vaarka wrote:

You mentioning the games thing reminded me of something. Every year, when my older cousin comes over for Thanksgiving, we play a ton of SSB melee on the gamecube

Do you shop on Black Friday.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 3:31:00 PM
At 11/22/2016 3:29:27 PM, inferno wrote:

Not really. My female family members usually do, but we used to go hunting on Black Friday mornings.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 4:50:13 PM
At 11/22/2016 3:31:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Not really. My female family members usually do, but we used to go hunting on Black Friday mornings.

Have you ever had fried turkey before.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 4:55:57 PM
At 11/22/2016 4:50:13 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/22/2016 3:31:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Have you ever had fried turkey before.

I'm not a fan of chicken/turkey

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 6:38:02 PM
At 11/22/2016 6:24:49 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
(Thanksgiving was a month ago.)

You damn canuck.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 8:46:23 PM

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional sense where I get together with my entire family, although I still eat a Thanksgiving dinner. A typical Thanksgiving dinner for me has regular turkey (preferably dark), honey baked ham, stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle, rolls, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 4:20:32 PM

As a vegetarian I definitely miss Thanksgiving turkey, though I don't know if I'd even enjoy it if I had it now.

My contribution to Thanksgiving this year will be:

Honey glazed carrots
Asparagus with garlic
Mac and cheese bake

If I'm being totally honest though, my favorite part of thanksgiving dinner is the wine : )
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:35:34 PM
I make a pretty good turkey; whether it's brined and baked, or deep fried in peanut oil.

Fried turkey really is the way to go. No other way to eat it, but I won't be making one this year because I won't have time.

Sweet potato casserole with candied walnuts and toasted marshmallows is quite good, but pumpkin pie is probably my favorite. Homemade, from scratch (even the crust) pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream. It's delicious.

As for other vegetables, the roasted kind are the ones I like the most. Brussel sprouts, carrots, parsnips, onions, other kinds of root vegetables, tomatoes, etc.

Also the stuffing my mom makes is quite tasty.

I'm not big on "salads" or other casseroles, though. Like, there is always going to be cranberry salad at any thanksgiving celebration we have, and it's always nasty. Same with the green bean casserole. Usually, the mac and cheese that my aunts make is pretty nasty (they use velvita, and that is disgusting).

We also sometimes do a pumpkin cheesecake, and that's always delicious. My mom does a really good job with that.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:45:18 PM

Do you have those spicy saltine crackers at Thanksgiving time?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 11:04:01 AM
Posted: 1 week ago

lol you're pretty sexist for a radical feminist
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 11:20:47 AM

This is what I'm having: http://www.theshakespearenyc.com...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 7:07:03 PM
At 11/24/2016 11:04:01 AM, tejretics wrote:

lol you're pretty sexist for a radical feminist

Mmmmm....I think you're in the wrong OP.
Feel free to pm me though and explain why.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 9:07:29 PM
Good news

I didn't have to go see more family for Thanksgiving

Bad news

No special dinner tonight

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 11:26:39 PM

Stuffing and BBQ pork
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:50:18 PM
At 11/24/2016 11:26:39 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Stuffing and BBQ pork

Now youre talking.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:13:10 PM
At 11/21/2016 7:46:50 PM, Rosalie wrote:

Ever had fried turkey before Rosa.