Jump to topic:

What are you thankful for?

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:25:33 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I know this is literally the most stereotypical thing to ask given that Thanksgiving is tomorrow at the time of writing this, but I think it is an important question: what are you thankful for? Any answer will do.

I will create a lengthier post of my own later today or tomorrow, depending on when I don't feel like being a lazy sack of potatoes.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:50:47 PM
At 11/23/2016 11:25:33 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
I know this is literally the most stereotypical thing to ask given that Thanksgiving is tomorrow at the time of writing this, but I think it is an important question: what are you thankful for? Any answer will do.

I will create a lengthier post of my own later today or tomorrow, depending on when I don't feel like being a lazy sack of potatoes.

My parents
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:44:59 AM
At 11/23/2016 11:50:47 PM, Barennora wrote:

My parents
Awww that's so sweet. :)
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 1:05:36 AM
I'm thankful for the great people of DDO, who are sure to throw their support behind me and bossy to serve as co-presidents of DDO.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 1:05:44 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:44:59 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 11/23/2016 11:50:47 PM, Barennora wrote:

My parents
Awww that's so sweet. :)

;)
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:19:55 AM

Prostitutes, alcohol, and guns.
I came here to troll everyone :D
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 4:35:26 AM
Friends...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
GrassyPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 4:48:52 AM
At 11/24/2016 4:35:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Friends...

LOL I almost died right there. You really knock us off our socks, bish.
I came here to troll everyone :D
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 5:15:22 AM

Living a pretty decent life, having indoor plumbing, utilities(just imagine living in Flint, Michigan), family, associates, ability to get an education, etc
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 5:27:03 PM

My caring mother, my privileged socioeconomic status, my kind family, my supreme cat, and my female superiority.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 5:43:14 PM
Well, time to stop being lazy and get to finally writing this! This is going to be long as f*ck, but you know what you were going into, so #sorrynotsorry. Among the many things I am thankful for (I.e my education, the life I have been given, my newfound happiness, etc.), I want to dedicate this post to just two of them. Time to get emotional!

DDO

Almost nine months ago, I stumbled across DDO after I searched for a debating website. It may not be the most exciting origin story, but oh well. In my time here, I have realized one thing: I never want to leave. I know that I will have to someday, but even then, DDO will always be near and dear to me.

What really makes the site for me isn't the debating, mafia games, or forums; it is the community. Granted, DDO does not have the greatest mixture of people when considering the community as a whole, but there are certain users that stand out to me, whether it be for their overall influence of the site, disposition, intelligence, or uniqueness. There are too many people to list here who have made a positive impact on me for all of these reasons and more, but I will talk about one of them specifically.

Solon

For those of you who don't know the lovely SolonKR, you are certainly missing out. Not only is he a bright young man, an absolute memelord, and my personal favorite member of the entire site, but also the love of my life. He is the main reason I am making this post to begin with.

On April 30th of this year, I officially met Solon via a Google Hangout while playing live mafia. Over the summer, he and I became best friends. In July, I briefly left DDO because my suicidal thoughts started to take over. Solon reached out to me and offered his support. Honestly, that is what might have brought us closer together. To this very day, he still gives me his support in any way he can.

It has been 209 days since I met Solon, but it feels much longer than that, but regardless, I can't wait for 209 days to gradually build to any eternity with him.

Solon, I love you, I love you, and I f*cking love you. Nothing ever can or will change that.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 7:20:14 PM
Loving family, friends, education, music, books, nature (that we're slowly ruining but still), technology, and of course all the wonderful people of DDO ^.^
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 9:00:30 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/24/2016 4:35:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Friends...

*hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug*
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 9:03:00 PM
I'm thankful for ocean man
http://puu.sh...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 11:41:28 PM
I'm thankful for a heckuvalotta things this year; 2016 has been a great year, and I feel optimistic that 2017 will be even better. The pieces of my life have really started to fall into place this year; I know what the future has in store, and it's wonderful.

In particular, I'm thankful most of all for my first and forever love, Bailey. She has inspired me to be a better person, and she's taught me what true love and true happiness is. Before I got close to her, I was happy in the sense that I wasn't sad, but it was a surface-level happiness--I hung out with friends and watched YouTube, and laughed a lot. When I wasn't laughing on some days, though, the existential dread (really, that silly comic that you might have seen around is pretty accurate) would set in; it was a manageable, but mediocre equilibrium. Now that I have Bailey and she has me, though, I've never had that dread set in again. Bailey gives me a purpose--I'm not just going through different stages of life so that I can get a job, get married, have kids, accomplish some career goals, grow old, and all that jazz (although obviously I still want all that). Instead, I'm living in the moment, appreciating and loving the now, and it's all thanks to her. I am truly the happiest I've ever been, and words cannot express my thankfulness for that.

I love you, Bailey <3
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 1:05:48 AM
You guys are so sweet <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 1:23:44 AM
At 11/24/2016 11:41:28 PM, SolonKR wrote:

I love you too, Solon. <3

Thank you for making my 2016 by far the best year of my life. Without you, I'm not sure where I would be now.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 1:43:08 AM
At 11/25/2016 1:05:48 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
You guys are so sweet <3
Thanks bae <33
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 1:43:47 AM
There's a lot of good friends here on DDO, I really can't list them all, but you know who you are.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:50:56 AM
Sudafed! I'm sick as hell and my sinuses have a problem where they don't drain right, so Sudafed is basically the best thing ever. Not gonna lie, I almost cried when my boyfriend said he'd run to the store to get it for me. Oh, and I'm also thankful for him. Whenever I'm sick, he's basically the human embodiment of patience and kindness.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 10:38:28 AM
My friends, human or otherwise. My mom. DDO, and the activity of debate in general.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 10:55:47 AM

My Friends on Netflix...How I Met Your Mother
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 7:32:44 PM
I like being alive. This sht is glorious.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 2:58:26 AM
I am thankful for Baby Girl, who is a little stray kitten that nobody cares about and she's the SWEETEST and CUTEST thing EVER!!!!
I'm thankful for my neighbor's dog, Zoe, because my friend and I get paid to take her for walks, but I'd do it without money, too. We take her back to the abandoned airfield behind all the houses and twice we have seen a BARN OWL fly out of the old, rotting hangars where they would keep airplanes.
I'm thankful for all my friends and family, as they fill my life with joy (this is especially directed to Llaurenthellama, whom I know in person).
I'm thankful that I know exactly what I want to do in life (become a wolf biologist and park ranger at either Yellowstone, Denali, and/or North Cascades NP).

Chances are, nobody will care at all about this post, so I suppose I'll just go hide in a corner...unnoticed....
Wonder Wolf is AWESOME, and if you disagree, DEAL WITH IT!!!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 6:23:26 PM
At 11/27/2016 2:58:26 AM, MWonderWolf wrote:
I am thankful for Baby Girl, who is a little stray kitten that nobody cares about and she's the SWEETEST and CUTEST thing EVER!!!!
I'm thankful for my neighbor's dog, Zoe, because my friend and I get paid to take her for walks, but I'd do it without money, too. We take her back to the abandoned airfield behind all the houses and twice we have seen a BARN OWL fly out of the old, rotting hangars where they would keep airplanes.
I'm thankful for all my friends and family, as they fill my life with joy (this is especially directed to Llaurenthellama, whom I know in person).
I'm thankful that I know exactly what I want to do in life (become a wolf biologist and park ranger at either Yellowstone, Denali, and/or North Cascades NP).

Chances are, nobody will care at all about this post, so I suppose I'll just go hide in a corner...unnoticed....

*notices post*

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 6:26:54 PM

Weird answer, but I'm thankful for monstercat. If I hadn't stumbled upon them in 2013, and realized how much I loved electronic music and DnB, I would I've probably continued to (painfully) sit through all of the random christian music my mom likes to play everywhere she goes, as well as the "popular radio music"

Aka, you'd probably have a different Vaarka with no desire to listen to and make music