Jump to topic:

Gender Roles

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:42:25 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I absolutely hate the term "gender roles." I also hate they way they are too many often times applied to women. Gender roles were not made up by our society, but by the bible. This is why so many men think and feel that women should be slaves upon them, and wait upon them. We live in a century were patriarchy is in act.

Last week, my brother and I were invited to a group party, which also had children. So, there was around 30 people. All the men were sitting on the couch, and the women were in the kitchen. There's problem 1. Then, the planner of the party was a male. He asked that if you were coming, and you were a boy, bring 1 soda, which is around .80 cents here.

So, my brother brought soda. But, if you were a girl, you were expected to make a dessert, or buy one. If you don't have the ingredients at your house, you must go out and by them yourself, which goes well over .80 cents. Plus, you had to make time to cook the sh!t. Are men unable to do that as well? Why Should the women have to bring the food. It's because women are expected to be slaves unto lazy men, who think everything should be served to them on a silver platter platter. Mind you, this was a church event. So that's why so many men I know are this way. I plan on getting married, and I've talked to my boyfriend about what I would like to do in our marriage. He never once expected me to do anything. He never told me he wanted me to stay home, cook clean and take care of the family. Which I appreciate, very much. ///end rant

Anyway, as a man or woman, what gender roles annoy you, or have pushed upon you, or see everyday?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:48:03 PM
I beat two fellas half to death last night for leering around my girlfriend, then we went home and had sex and it's the most aroused she's ever been. I like being a man tbh, sucks for you lady.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:50:47 PM
Woman feeds man, makes man big and strong, man protects woman. Makes sense imo
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:52:20 PM
At 11/23/2016 11:48:03 PM, Devilry wrote:
I beat two fellas half to death last night for leering around my girlfriend, then we went home and had sex and it's the most aroused she's ever been. I like being a man tbh, sucks for you lady.

Don't understand how that upsets me tbh...lol
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:52:49 PM
At 11/23/2016 11:50:47 PM, Devilry wrote:

Because men are too feeble minded to cook for themselves? ;)

Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:54:39 PM
At 11/23/2016 11:42:25 PM, Rosalie wrote:
I absolutely hate the term "gender roles." I also hate they way they are too many often times applied to women. Gender roles were not made up by our society, but by the bible. This is why so many men think and feel that women should be slaves upon them, and wait upon them. We live in a century were patriarchy is in act.

Last week, my brother and I were invited to a group party, which also had children. So, there was around 30 people. All the men were sitting on the couch, and the women were in the kitchen. There's problem 1. Then, the planner of the party was a male. He asked that if you were coming, and you were a boy, bring 1 soda, which is around .80 cents here.

So, my brother brought soda. But, if you were a girl, you were expected to make a dessert, or buy one. If you don't have the ingredients at your house, you must go out and by them yourself, which goes well over .80 cents. Plus, you had to make time to cook the sh!t. Are men unable to do that as well? Why Should the women have to bring the food. It's because women are expected to be slaves unto lazy men, who think everything should be served to them on a silver platter platter. Mind you, this was a church event. So that's why so many men I know are this way. I plan on getting married, and I've talked to my boyfriend about what I would like to do in our marriage. He never once expected me to do anything. He never told me he wanted me to stay home, cook clean and take care of the family. Which I appreciate, very much. ///end rant

Anyway, as a man or woman, what gender roles annoy you, or have pushed upon you, or see everyday?

I have not attended many parties before, but I have not experienced this problem before. Were you required to bring a desert?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 11:54:59 PM
At 11/23/2016 11:52:49 PM, Rosalie wrote:

No we are just busy keeping a look out. :D
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:00:12 AM
At 11/23/2016 11:54:59 PM, Devilry wrote:

A lookout to where the next meal will come from?
Some women are quite capable of taking care of themselves.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:01:54 AM
At 11/23/2016 11:54:39 PM, Barennora wrote:

I have not attended many parties before, but I have not experienced this problem before. Were you required to bring a desert?

Yes. So there were way more deserts than there was drinks.

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:02:37 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:00:12 AM, Rosalie wrote:

I had beaten all the female records at my gym 6 months in just saying lol. Some gender roles make a lot of sense.
Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:03:02 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:01:54 AM, Rosalie wrote:

Does that imply that there were more female guests or that the men were not required to bring a drink?
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:06:29 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:02:37 AM, Devilry wrote:

I had beaten all the female records at my gym 6 months in just saying lol. Some gender roles make a lot of sense.

Just because they seek to make sense doesn't mean they're right.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:07:34 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:03:02 AM, Barennora wrote:

Does that imply that there were more female guests or that the men were not required to bring a drink?

No. There we more females than males. I would say for every guy, there was two girls. So, there were more deserts than drinks.

Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:08:35 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:07:34 AM, Rosalie wrote:

No. There we more females than males. I would say for every guy, there was two girls. So, there were more deserts than drinks.

Forgive me, but I'm failing to see a big problem here.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:11:04 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:08:35 AM, Barennora wrote:

*Sigh*.

If you assign let's say women to bring food, and men to bring drinks..and you know their are far more women than men...then split it up. Have some women bring drinks instead of a desert.i also don't want to be exected to serve food to men who sit on a couch, and ask me to bring them food without a please. It's annoying. Maybe it's just my family's religion. I don't know.

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:11:34 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:06:29 AM, Rosalie wrote:

I think you should care a little less tbh. Still a lot of fun to be had in life, whether you're male or female. Don't get too hung up on questions of who's bringing the soda and who's bringing the dessert
Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:12:28 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:11:04 AM, Rosalie wrote:

*Sigh*.

If you assign let's say women to bring food, and men to bring drinks..and you know their are far more women than men...then split it up. Have some women bring drinks instead of a desert.i also don't want to be exected to serve food to men who sit on a couch, and ask me to bring them food without a please. It's annoying. Maybe it's just my family's religion. I don't know.

Perhaps the host was not expecting as many women (or men) to show up, and just assigned it that way. Also, you are not required to bring them food, but if it is according to your religion, then I know little about it.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:14:37 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:12:28 AM, Barennora wrote:

*Sigh*.

Perhaps the host was not expecting as many women (or men) to show up, and just assigned it that way. Also, you are not required to bring them food, but if it is according to your religion, then I know little about it.

No..this person is in charge of the club. He's the leader. And he knows that in our church general..there are more females them men.. it's quite obvious.

Barennora
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:15:20 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:14:37 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 11/24/2016 12:12:28 AM, Barennora wrote:

*Sigh*.

No..this person is in charge of the club. He's the leader. And he knows that in our church general..there are more females them men.. it's quite obvious.

If that is the case, then the host is at fault.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:16:29 AM
At 11/24/2016 12:11:34 AM, Devilry wrote:
At 11/24/2016 12:06:29 AM, Rosalie wrote:

I think you should care a little less tbh. Still a lot of fun to be had in life, whether you're male or female. Don't get too hung up on questions of who's bringing the soda and who's bringing the dessert

You think I should care less?
I mean..it's kind of hard NOT to care when I'm forced to be apart of a religon I dislike.
Also...it is a big deal. Because I didn't have time to make something...I spent $10 on a desert while my brother spent .85 on a soda..

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 12:22:01 AM
I def think you should care less lol
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:36:48 AM

I don't like the gender role that I can't enjoy my girlfriend's strap on.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:50:48 AM

I hate how some of the gender roles and stereotypes effect me. Many people think, because of the dumb fvck men here, that people tend to ruin things. I hate that people tend to look at us as fvck boys and other type of womenizer. I'm not one of those people who's the whole men's rights idiocy either, and I'm not one of those people who believe that women are automatically subservant to men. I'm none of these things and it's because of many idiots that we have that these get applied and even to me. You yourself know me and know none of these actually apply to me. It's not my fault that I believe these roles should affect the way I interact with other people. In my relationship, I don't care who "wears the pants" per say as I just love her and that's all that should matter.

I know how to cook and clean up after myself. I can cook a great meal and there shouldn't be a reason why men can't cook. Generally it's every man's dream to make enough money so their wife doesn't have to work and can stay home if they want to. Granted that's mine as well, but there's nothing stopping her from persuing her dreams and I encourage her and everyone to go out and do so. If that was the way with me, with it being the other way around, I would be board as fvck.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:52:13 AM

I don't see why all men can't learn to cook. How are they going to look out for themselves when she's gone away on her business trip or not at home? What about treating her to dinner? I mean seriously.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:56:09 AM
*Sigh*.

This could be a valid point. My family is generally different as everyone is suppose to bring something, but generally the wife makes it. Though there are some single men in my family who make food and grill. My uncle, he's single, makes some mean nacho dip and burgers. Granted that's my less religious side of my family. On my more zealout side it seems similiar to what you said, but people are suppose to serve themselves. "I ain't your servant" is a common statement.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:58:02 AM

I don't really see what this has to do with the OP.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 3:58:32 AM

Sometimes the woman is bigger and stronger than the man.

GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 4:42:07 AM
At 11/24/2016 3:58:02 AM, lannan13 wrote:

"I beat two fellas blah,blah,blah".He's trying to get into Rosalie's pants.Maybe his blowup dolly has a leak.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 4:46:49 AM
At 11/24/2016 4:42:07 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/24/2016 3:58:02 AM, lannan13 wrote:

"I beat two fellas blah,blah,blah".He's trying to get into Rosalie's pants.Maybe his blowup dolly has a leak.

lol, she's engaged. It's just some prepubescent internet troll trying to talk tough like he knows something.

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 5:27:25 AM

That's why China had so many strong, independent womyn. Oh, wait. Surely, feudal Japan... oh, wait. Ancient India? OH SH!T, definitely not... The Middle East? Nope. Huh, it seems that 'strong, independent womyn' have been a rare but consistently present breed everywhere in the world, throughout history, and that most women have been respected for womanly virtues, and weren't terribly upset over the arrangement.

Last week, my brother and I were invited to a group party, which also had children. So, there was around 30 people. All the men were sitting on the couch, and the women were in the kitchen. There's problem 1.

Translation: the natural order.

Then, the planner of the party was a male. He asked that if you were coming, and you were a boy, bring 1 soda, which is around .80 cents here.

So, my brother brought soda. But, if you were a girl, you were expected to make a dessert, or buy one. If you don't have the ingredients at your house, you must go out and by them yourself, which goes well over .80 cents. Plus, you had to make time to cook the sh!t.

That's your job.

Are men unable to do that as well?

I do it all the time. And I don't b!tch about it either. It's called being a considerate guest, and it's something which everyone has the responsibility to do. You should make the best dessert that your capable of, and your brother should have surprised his friends with a bottle of Lagavulin if he could afford it. When my grandmother first got married, she could barely make banana cream pie. Now she is a local legend. Refining a skill isn't a bad thing, being forced to do something productive by social expectation is GOOD.

Why Should the women have to bring the food. It's because women are expected to be slaves unto lazy men, who think everything should be served to them on a silver platter platter.

Yeah, that's why everyone is supposed to help you carry things, hold the door, half-murder people who insult you, get rained on so you can be dry, provide you with a house and clothes and shoes and jewelry. You can't say 'ugh, gender roles are OPPRESSIVE' and then ignore all of the good stuff that traditional gender roles gave to women.

Mind you, this was a church event. So that's why so many men I know are this way. I plan on getting married, and I've talked to my boyfriend about what I would like to do in our marriage. He never once expected me to do anything. He never told me he wanted me to stay home, cook clean and take care of the family. Which I appreciate, very much. ///end rant

The idea that gender roles are 'oppressive' annoys me.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -