Jump to topic:

Anyone. Please HELP.

Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 9:54:52 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
Hi guys! Im supposed to research a topic which is that "Privatized water does more harm than good". I don't have any arguments.

Can anyone please give me 5-10 points of both pro and con on the topic? I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 10:53:07 PM
At 11/24/2016 9:54:52 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Hi guys! Im supposed to research a topic which is that "Privatized water does more harm than good". I don't have any arguments.

Can anyone please give me 5-10 points of both pro and con on the topic? I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Do you have any facts on the subject that you can share?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:38:12 AM

I'm in a good mood. (so much that i want to say it. this is completely irrelavent to this thread)

Jobs m8.
-Pro

Water, being a basic need, makes it absolutely rediculous that we sell it.
-Con

Government doesn't have to do fudge but regulate this water, weight off the shoulders.
-Pro

If the government distributed ALL fresh water the quality of life would improve and it would be easier to protect against droughts.
-Con

I really don't see the problems.
-Pro

Complete waste of plastic.
-Con

It WORKS. And i know because it is working.
-Pro

We may experience thirst in the way we experience hunger. Aren't capitalism and consumerism a great team?
-Con

Final Stance: Con
I can see bad possibilities.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 3:48:19 AM

"Pro and Con".If you Google "Good and Bad things about water privatisation" you will get a slew of both Pro and Con sites.Cherrypick whats best for you.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 4:45:07 AM

Two words: Hydraulic Despotism (argument against privatized water)
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 4:54:14 AM

Commercial private ownership of water may prevent contamination of it. The Flint water crisis is quite possibly an example of public control over the water supply gone bad. Under a private system, nobody will buy contaminated water, therefore a company selling it will have every incentive to keep it clean so that it can be sold.
Allowing water to be a commercial business encourages companies to engage in subterranean exploration activities so as to discover new sources of potable water to sell, increasing the available supply of drinking water.
If private companies were not allowed to sell water, it would discourage businesses from building desalination plants and selling the finished product. Instead, people in coastal regions with few natural sources of potable water would have to wait for the government to eventually build one.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid