Total Posts:137|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

It's Not Your Fault

missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:00:23 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
If you have been sexually assaulted, it's not your fault. If you have been physically or verbally abused, it's not your fault. If you have been the victim of any violent crime, it's not your fault. Please, please remember that.

You aren't worthy of the blame. It was the perpetrator's fault that they attacked you, not yours. You didn't bring this upon yourself, nor did you deserve it; nobody does. They should be held responsible for their actions against you, not you for theirs.

I just needed to let that out. Remember, if you ever need to talk to someone, my PMs are open. Thank you.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:27:47 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
I'm glad you brought this up. Many people tend to hold this in and suffer for years about these things before they even think of opening up to other people or even begin to recover. It's just a deep dark festering ball of saddness that builds up within yourself that makes you feel like your suffocating. When you open up to other people and begin to not constantly blame yourself, you start to feel as the weight on your shoulder has been lifted.

Granted, I have never had these things happen to me, but I have had other people talk to me and open up to me about this. I'm always here to listen when you need to talk to someone. Even if you just have some sort of pent up anger, you can come and vent.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:55:44 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/29/2016 4:00:23 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
If you have been sexually assaulted, it's not your fault. If you have been physically or verbally abused, it's not your fault. If you have been the victim of any violent crime, it's not your fault. Please, please remember that.

You aren't worthy of the blame. It was the perpetrator's fault that they attacked you, not yours. You didn't bring this upon yourself, nor did you deserve it; nobody does. They should be held responsible for their actions against you, not you for theirs.

I just needed to let that out. Remember, if you ever need to talk to someone, my PMs are open. Thank you.

I should add that it's not your fault if your partner turns out to be a bad person after dating them or especially after marrying them.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 12:50:57 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/29/2016 4:55:44 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/29/2016 4:00:23 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
If you have been sexually assaulted, it's not your fault. If you have been physically or verbally abused, it's not your fault. If you have been the victim of any violent crime, it's not your fault. Please, please remember that.

You aren't worthy of the blame. It was the perpetrator's fault that they attacked you, not yours. You didn't bring this upon yourself, nor did you deserve it; nobody does. They should be held responsible for their actions against you, not you for theirs.

I just needed to let that out. Remember, if you ever need to talk to someone, my PMs are open. Thank you.

I should add that it's not your fault if your partner turns out to be a bad person after dating them or especially after marrying them.
^
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Vaarka
Posts: 7,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 1:56:39 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
I've been a rant pillow to a few people before, so my PMs are open too. If you need a hug, I can do that as well :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:08:46 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/29/2016 1:56:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I've been a rant pillow to a few people before, so my PMs are open too. If you need a hug, I can do that as well :3
*HUGS*
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:22:06 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/29/2016 11:08:46 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 1:56:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I've been a rant pillow to a few people before, so my PMs are open too. If you need a hug, I can do that as well :3
*HUGS*

*hugs*
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 12:34:37 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.

So if I exercise my constitutional right to free speech or free assembly and am raped it's my fault?

Much confused.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 1:04:57 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/30/2016 12:34:37 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.

So if I exercise my constitutional right to free speech or free assembly and am raped it's my fault?

Much confused.

You are to share in the blame. In the example of the bumper sticker you are advertising yourself as unarmed, which is bad personal security practice.
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:20:16 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/30/2016 1:04:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/30/2016 12:34:37 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.

So if I exercise my constitutional right to free speech or free assembly and am raped it's my fault?

Much confused.

You are to share in the blame. In the example of the bumper sticker you are advertising yourself as unarmed, which is bad personal security practice.

Ah.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:23:22 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/30/2016 1:04:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/30/2016 12:34:37 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.

So if I exercise my constitutional right to free speech or free assembly and am raped it's my fault?

Much confused.

You are to share in the blame. In the example of the bumper sticker you are advertising yourself as unarmed, which is bad personal security practice.

So a black man/woman walking in a white neighbourhood is partly to blame if they're raped?. Why?.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:12:05 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/30/2016 2:23:22 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 1:04:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/30/2016 12:34:37 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.

So if I exercise my constitutional right to free speech or free assembly and am raped it's my fault?

Much confused.

You are to share in the blame. In the example of the bumper sticker you are advertising yourself as unarmed, which is bad personal security practice.

So a black man/woman walking in a white neighbourhood is partly to blame if they're raped?. Why?.

Black neighborhoods are almost all high crime areas and white people are seen as victims. A black person in a white neighborhood faces less blame for their victimhood.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 11:51:56 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/29/2016 11:11:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Most of the time the victim deserves some blame. Like if they are white and walking through a black neighborhood. Or if they have anti 2nd amendment bumper stickers.

In those situations, it still isn't the victim's fault for being sexually assaulted or raped. I have said it before and I will say it for as long as I live; nobody asks to be violated, even in the situations you shared.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 12:21:01 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
*hugs*
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 1:55:20 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

There's nothing to argue, as he's trolling. Criminals commit crime. Victims don't. Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of cases aren't anything like what most people picture. 75% of victims know the perpetrator personally in cases of sexual violence. https://www.rainn.org...
There's literally no valid argument you can make against the OP.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:26:54 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.

You're a joke.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:40:32 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 4:26:54 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.

You're a joke.
"You're a joke". I say, I say , I say, what makes you think that?.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 4:52:14 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.
Even if it is a potentially dangerous situation, the victims don't commit the crimes acted upon them. It is simple logic.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:11:10 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.

I'm sorry sweetheart but those are non-analogous.

You can wear whatever you want and go where ever you want, and no one has the right to hurt you. So that nullifies the first and third thing you said.

In the instance of the road-crossing, the person who hit you didn't necessarily do it on purpose, unlike in the case of sexual assault.

Yes, you should try to avoid situations that would put you danger. BUT that NEVER justifies rape or sexual assault or laying your hand on someone.

People have the right to have whatever opinions they want, as stupid as they may be. Once they don't impose those on others, it's fine. For instance, your position, imho, is sh!t. But you're allowed to express your opinion, so long as you don't go rape or hurt someone.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:42:02 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 5:11:10 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:36:21 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:12:33 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 12/1/2016 12:39:40 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:00:51 PM, SolonKR wrote:
The responses to this thread demonstrate why it was necessary; thank you for reminding everyone about this.

*hugs*
"The responses to this thread". So apart from feeling all warm and moist where is your response to the thread?.

I mean, the OP is objectively correct. What more do you want me to respond to?
"OP is objectively correct". Is it?. Wylted would disagree. As this is a FORUM why don't you debate any part of the previous statements made by him?. I'm sure you can contribute something erudite and thought provoking.

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.

I'm sorry sweetheart but those are non-analogous.

You can wear whatever you want and go where ever you want, and no one has the right to hurt you. So that nullifies the first and third thing you said.

In the instance of the road-crossing, the person who hit you didn't necessarily do it on purpose, unlike in the case of sexual assault.

Yes, you should try to avoid situations that would put you danger. BUT that NEVER justifies rape or sexual assault or laying your hand on someone.

People have the right to have whatever opinions they want, as stupid as they may be. Once they don't impose those on others, it's fine. For instance, your position, imho, is sh!t. But you're allowed to express your opinion, so long as you don't go rape or hurt someone.
I am not defending the crime. In my view all rapists ( and paedophiles) should be surgically castrated. What I wrote was if you KNOW it's dangerous don't do it.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
GrimlyF
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:56:47 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 4:52:14 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 12/1/2016 4:11:54 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 12/1/2016 1:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Even in a debate forum we're not obligated to entertain all notions. When things are as devoid of reason as Wylted's statement sexual assault is usually the victim's fault, other people are not required to debate the fallacious argument. It's better for the sake of real debate that entirely fallacious arguments be ignored.
"Devoid of reason as Wylted's is". Wylted's statement is not devoid of reason at all and is correct in it's assertion that the victim is partly to blame. Anyone going knowingly into what may be a dangerous situation does so at their own peril and at their own connivance. You don't walk in to a Hell's Angels bar wearing a T-shirt saying "Bikers are Wusses", you don't cross a road when the light turns red and you don't walk alone at night into dangerous areas. So Wylted's statement is unfortunately correct................A 19th century proverb: If you play with fire you get burnt;.
Even if it is a potentially dangerous situation, the victims don't commit the crimes acted upon them. It is simple logic.
" Simple logic". If the victim hadn't, knowingly, walked alone into danger they wouldn't have been victimised. Simple common sense. I do not condone crime of any kind but it is a fact of life so we do what we must to be safe.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:30:56 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
The amount of degredation in this thread is appalling.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:14:29 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/1/2016 5:56:47 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
" Simple logic". If the victim hadn't, knowingly, walked alone into danger they wouldn't have been victimised. Simple common sense. I do not condone crime of any kind but it is a fact of life so we do what we must to be safe.

Your logic: If the victims of 9/11 hadn't boarded planes, knowing that there is always a risk of crashes and/or terrorism, then they wouldn't have been victimized. After all, the only way that anyone can die on a plane is to be on a plane. Yet, the victims accepted that risk and boarded a plane anyway.
QED The deaths on board the flights on 9/11 were partly the faults of the passengers.

See how bad that logic is?

Now, of course, the incidence rate of people dying on planes is a lot lower than violence rates against people who walk alone at night, but it exposes the fundamental flaw in your thinking. Assuming you don't blame the victims of all plane crashes for taking the risk of being on a plane, or of all victims of any crime for merely existing (after all, that's a necessary condition for being victimized), you essentially have established a cut-off point where you say, "if the odds of being victimized are below this point, then it is not the victim's fault; if the odds of being victimized are above this point, then it is the victim's fault".

The clear problem with that logic is that it is a non-sequitur. A change in the odds of being hurt by someone else by performing an action doesn't shift the blame for the victimization. Even if the odds of being harmed are 100%, you cannot logically say it is the victim's fault, because unless the victim does something to actively compel the attacker's action (to be clear, this is NEVER the case with sexual violence; the only examples would be, say, shooting at someone and consequently being shot, assuming their shooting is the least-restrictive means available to eliminate your ability to harm them), in the end, the actual choice of action is the attacker's alone.

Now, you can say that people can reduce the risk of harm by not engaging in certain behaviors, but again, there's no logical link to the blame game, here. If we talk about, say, smoking, there's a logical link, because the victim his/herself is the moral agent that is doing the harm in this case. But in the case of violent crime, the victim is not the moral agent committing the harm; the attacker is. The act that is intrinsically harmful is "violent crime", not "walking down the street at night", and the latter is not a necessary and sufficient condition for the former.

And, again, most sexual violence is perpetrated by people who know the victim. Your argument has no legs to stand on whatsoever.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3