Jump to topic:

I need help

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:00:28 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
One of my roommate's father died today. My other roommates, a couple other friends, and I are trying to figure out something to do for him. Any ideas?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:05:37 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:00:28 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
One of my roommate's father died today. My other roommates, a couple other friends, and I are trying to figure out something to do for him. Any ideas?

Food. Always food, nobody wants to cook or eat in those situations.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:06:57 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:05:37 PM, Wylted wrote:

That's a given. We're trying to think of something more creative. We've drawn a blank so far.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:08:16 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:06:57 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

That's a given. We're trying to think of something more creative. We've drawn a blank so far.

Me personally, I would want to go out for a drink, have free food and be given my space.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:09:02 PM

Whatever it is, make sure alcohol is not involved, that makes things worse.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:09:31 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:08:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2016 11:06:57 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Me personally, I would want to go out for a drink, have free food and be given my space.

I would too, tbh.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:10:04 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:09:02 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I know this lol.
Suh dude

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:13:26 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:10:04 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I know this lol.

That is retarded. Not all people abuse alcohol when they get depressed. You can be depressed and drink responsibly
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 11:35:54 PM
At 11/29/2016 11:13:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2016 11:10:04 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I know this lol.

That is retarded. Not all people abuse alcohol when they get depressed. You can be depressed and drink responsibly

I don't think I have to worry about him drinking anyway. He isn't much into it.
Suh dude

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 12:32:09 AM

Bad idea. Few people enjoy eating meals prepared by people whose cooking they aren't familiar with. If you're talking about store-bought finger food, binge-eating isn't a good habit to encourage, and I don't think it'll help someone get over grief anyway.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 1:02:21 AM
At 11/30/2016 12:32:09 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Bad idea. Few people enjoy eating meals prepared by people whose cooking they aren't familiar with. If you're talking about store-bought finger food, binge-eating isn't a good habit to encourage, and I don't think it'll help someone get over grief anyway.

Almost everyoneI I knowI who has had a close family member die, has mentioned the food as being the thing that most got them through it.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:22:00 AM

One of my friend's dad died when I was in 6th grade. We all wrote him a bunch of letters and we all cashed in some money to get him a gift he'd been really wanting for his birthday (his dad died a few days before his birthday, and he'd really been looking forward to spending his birthday with his dad).
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:32:24 AM
At 11/30/2016 2:22:00 AM, Vaarka wrote:

One of my friend's dad died when I was in 6th grade. We all wrote him a bunch of letters and we all cashed in some money to get him a gift he'd been really wanting for his birthday (his dad died a few days before his birthday, and he'd really been looking forward to spending his birthday with his dad).

We're thinking about buying a ton of flowers and chocolate for him. He likes both.
Suh dude

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:35:20 AM
At 11/30/2016 2:32:24 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/30/2016 2:22:00 AM, Vaarka wrote:

We're thinking about buying a ton of flowers and chocolate for him. He likes both.

Is there some game or something that's not *too* expensive he's been wanting for a while that you could get him?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:47:58 AM
Take your friend and as many mutual male friends as you can and go somewhere quiet. Then ask your friend to tell you all about his father, swap anecdotes about your own fathers, perhaps you met the man, talk about that. Sharing grief is what friends do and proves the friendship. Even young men can weep among their friends with no loss of respect when the cause is heart felt grief.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2016 3:24:22 PM
Posted: 1 hour ago
Send him into the space between the space to let his mind bathe in an ethereal rejuvenation well of energy. No better a place to go then the bathhouse for the soul.