Jump to topic:

Your Career Choice

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 10:55:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What would you like to do / would have liked to have done?

I always wanted to be an automotive designer but, for one reason and another, I wasn't able to study the relevant subjects at college and I ended up as a lawyer, and subsequently running an inbound tour operation.

I'd also liked to have been a highway patrolman in America:

{Sound of sirens blaring in the background}

"Attention Highway Control: this is Sheriff B.T. Eggleston III heading north on Interstate 75 past the off ramp for Highway 82. I'm in hot pursuit of a couple of hillbilly dudes in a goddamn orange '69 Dodge Charger with a Confederate flag painted on the roof: they're straighten' the curves and they're flatten' the hills and that's just a bit more than this law enforcement officer will allow. Yee-ha! Over and out."
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 1:23:55 PM
At 1/26/2011 10:55:54 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
What would you like to do / would have liked to have done?

I always wanted to be an automotive designer but, for one reason and another, I wasn't able to study the relevant subjects at college and I ended up as a lawyer, and subsequently running an inbound tour operation.

I'd also liked to have been a highway patrolman in America:

{Sound of sirens blaring in the background}

"Attention Highway Control: this is Sheriff B.T. Eggleston III heading north on Interstate 75 past the off ramp for Highway 82. I'm in hot pursuit of a couple of hillbilly dudes in a goddamn orange '69 Dodge Charger with a Confederate flag painted on the roof: they're straighten' the curves and they're flatten' the hills and that's just a bit more than this law enforcement officer will allow. Yee-ha! Over and out."

Dukes of Hazard rerun.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 1:42:39 PM
At 1/26/2011 1:39:12 PM, Koopin wrote:
Poultry Farmer:

As much as you talk about KFC and all, I think I've seen you actually be serious about wanting to be a poultry farmer.

That's something that not most people aspire to. What's the fascination?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 1:43:57 PM
At 1/26/2011 1:42:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Poultry Farmer:

As much as you talk about KFC and all, I think I've seen you actually be serious about wanting to be a poultry farmer.

Chickens are cool, and I like the simple life. You have to work hard though.
kfc
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 1:50:51 PM
At 1/26/2011 1:43:57 PM, Koopin wrote:
Poultry Farmer:

Chickens are cool, and I like the simple life. You have to work hard though.:

That wasn't very informative, Koop. o_O
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 1:51:45 PM
Poultry Farmer:

Have you ever been to a chicken farm? Have you ever smelled them before? It's one of the most revolting smells to come from a farm animal. <barf>
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 1:53:52 PM
At 1/26/2011 1:51:45 PM, annhasle wrote:
Poultry Farmer:

Have you ever been to a chicken farm? Have you ever smelled them before? It's one of the most revolting smells to come from a farm animal. <barf>

Smells quite good actually. I worked at a chicken farm over the summer and everyone said "this will cure him from his crazy dream!" nope...
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 2:08:05 PM
Chickens are cool, and I like the simple life.

That's fascinating. I would hate living the simple life, so to speak.

Career Choice: Lawyer, Entrepreneur or both (depending on particular circumstances).
President of DDO
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 2:38:59 PM
At 1/26/2011 1:51:45 PM, annhasle wrote:

This. The smell alone makes me want to be a vegetarian.

I'm not sure what I want to be yet, but something to do with Psychologist/Therapist. I'd love to be a professor some time in the future.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 2:42:33 PM
At 1/26/2011 2:08:05 PM, theLwerd wrote:
That's fascinating. I would hate living the simple life, so to speak.

Career Choice: Lawyer, Entrepreneur or both (depending on particular circumstances).

Or business management... that's really my forte, and also what I study in school. Hopefully management of my own business of course :P
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:06:50 PM
I want to be a restaurant owner and a cook.

I also want to help people invest their money and teach financial literacy to highschool aged students.

I also want to be an estate attorney.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:17:04 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:16:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm going to take the shape of an epic hobo and change the world.

You probably think that's a joke.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:18:05 PM
Cult leader.

I think I'd be good at it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:27:02 PM
Sports broadcaster. It was between that, and nuclear engineering, so I went with nuclear engineering. After six years of operating nuclear reactors, I realized that I should have gone with broadcasting, however I am happy being in business for myself these days(automotive). That is not to say, I don't still think about going to Mizzou, and fulfilling my dream of announcing for Tigers games, and the like.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:27:33 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:18:05 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Cult leader.

I think I'd be good at it.

I thought about that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:36:17 PM
way to screw up the thread with your usual idiotic comments Freedo
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
laleona89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:36:18 PM
I want to be a neonatologist. First I'd have to go to med school, then study pediatrics and finally neonatology.
For those that don't know what a neonatologist is, it's a doctor that specializes on babies before they're born and in their first couple of months of life.
I also always wanted to be a Fashion designer and study zoologist. It was a tough choice because they are totally different careers, but I will end up choosing neonatology.
I love babies and little kids!!!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:44:32 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:36:18 PM, laleona89 wrote:
I want to be a neonatologist. First I'd have to go to med school, then study pediatrics and finally neonatology.
For those that don't know what a neonatologist is, it's a doctor that specializes on babies before they're born and in their first couple of months of life.
I also always wanted to be a Fashion designer and study zoologist. It was a tough choice because they are totally different careers, but I will end up choosing neonatology.
I love babies and little kids!!!

Babies are shapeless bags of fat that cry and are only good for demanding things and waking you up at night.

Detestable little creatures they are.

Luckily it only takes a few years before they turn into kids. Kids are fun.

One of my favorite things to do is teach kids to say things you wouldn't expect a kid to say.. I've got my 4 year old cousin saying "A cow is a domesticated animal"

It's hilarious.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:47:11 PM
Mercenary . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:55:25 PM
Trillionaire Overlord of all humanity.

Failing that, "the guy that totally kicked Kim Jong Il in the crotch" will do.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:01:06 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:55:25 PM, Veridas wrote:
Trillionaire Overlord of all humanity.

Failing that, "the guy that totally kicked Kim Jong Il in the crotch" will do.

I salute you for those incredible ambitions . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:03:14 PM
It would be cool to be a teacher or something, but instead I'll probably just end up as an entrepreneur or something.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:05:12 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:27:02 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Sports broadcaster. It was between that, and nuclear engineering, so I went with nuclear engineering. After six years of operating nuclear reactors:

What was the going rate for your SRB to stay Nuke?
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:11:20 PM
At 1/26/2011 4:05:12 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/26/2011 3:27:02 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Sports broadcaster. It was between that, and nuclear engineering, so I went with nuclear engineering. After six years of operating nuclear reactors:

What was the going rate for your SRB to stay Nuke?

60K at the time. I really don't know what it is now, but I am glad I declined. It's just a lot of bureaucracy and monotony everyday, and unfortunately a lot of those guys and gals in the nuclear field are either crazy or have ZERO common sense. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my time in the navy and it opened a lot of doors for me in the private sector, but I don't think I would ever go back.