You think you have it bad?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:10:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mind if I vent?

My life has been shredded in to a thousand pieces, and then the pieces doused with gasoline and set on fire.

I'm married to a mentally ill woman who is dragging my little family to the depths of hell.

I was investigated by NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) and CGIS (Coast Guard Investigative Service) for the alleged rape of a female officer.

CPS (Child Protective Services) were called to my house on account of my mentally ill spouse.

My Command is trying to force me out of the military, and may not let me re-enlist.

My enlistment is up in March. That means I have no job, no income, no place to live, no health insurance, nothing.

I was forced to go to alcohol screening today to see if I'm an alcoholic.

I'm forced to go to Boston tomorrow to have a mandatory psychological evaluation.

I had a meeting today for my son with the principle and his teachers. They're concerned by his lack of motivation and sadness because of his mother.

On, and on, and on, and on..... The bad news just keeps piling up. This is what I've been facing for the last year, but most of it is within the last month.

And yet, for all of this, I have a plan... For every problem, I have brainstormed for a solution, and even though my back is up against the wall, all day, everyday, I still am in control.

Anyone else have it as nearly bad as that?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:13:34 PM
http://tinyurl.com...
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:15:26 PM
Yeah, I was actually wondering more along the lines of things personally happening to people.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:19:40 PM
What happened to your wife to cause the mental illness?

Personally I've never had something that bad happen to me.

Worst thing I've had to do is crawl on my hands and knees throughout a mcdonalds playplace and clean up diarrhea with a rag. Also have had to clean up shitt smeared on the walls in a mcdonalds bathroom. And when I say smeared (think fingerpainting)

I vomitted all over the floor while cleaning and had to clean that up as well.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:22:25 PM
Dude, HOLY SH!T you've had it rough... :(

Here's my little tale of the last year:

- My best friend committed suicide in February.

- I was diagnosed with PTSD in May along with Bi-polar, Manic depression and high anxiety -- I now take more pills than anyone else I know

- Due to surpressed memories, I cannot remember my childhood that well but they made me go through therapy to "restart" my brain -- which made me remember my aunts murder, my brothers suicide and some other more personal memories I won't go into....

- My great-grandmother passed away (she was the only nice German)

- I tried committing suicide in June when off my medication and was institutionalized for a month

- Two cousins were killed in combat (Iraq)

- My cancer intensified and it's "too late" apparently

- Another friend committed suicide after her mother died in a car accident two weeks ago

- I got accepted to my top University only to be rejected a couple weeks later due to my health issues

You know what PARADIGM. We need to go to metal concert and kick some sh!t out of people in the mosh pit. And then go get hammered. :)

<cyber hug> I'm so sorry about all your stuff that's been going on within the last year.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:24:30 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:19:40 PM, askbob wrote:
What happened to your wife to cause the mental illness?:

Bad genes... *shrugs*

Personally I've never had something that bad happen to me.:

Yeah, I put the function in dysfunction.

Worst thing I've had to do is crawl on my hands and knees throughout a mcdonalds playplace and clean up diarrhea with a rag. Also have had to clean up shitt smeared on the walls in a mcdonalds bathroom. And when I say smeared (think fingerpainting):

Ugh... That actually might be worse than what I'm going through. My deepest condolences.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:25:23 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:24:30 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Bad genes... *shrugs*

Did you know she had the mental illness when you married her? Also what is it in particular?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:29:11 PM
You know what PARADIGM. We need to go to metal concert and kick some sh!t out of people in the mosh pit. And then go get hammered.:

F*ck dood, welcome to the sh*t sandwich. Looks like we both have to take a huge bite.

<cyber hug> I'm so sorry about all your stuff that's been going on within the last year.:

Thanks, babe! I'm not too worried about any of this, it's just that today was the last straw. I'm like a cat... I always land on my feet. ;)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:32:01 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:22:25 PM, annhasle wrote:
Dude, HOLY SH!T you've had it rough... :(

Here's my little tale of the last year:

- My best friend committed suicide in February.

- I was diagnosed with PTSD in May along with Bi-polar, Manic depression and high anxiety -- I now take more pills than anyone else I know

- Due to surpressed memories, I cannot remember my childhood that well but they made me go through therapy to "restart" my brain -- which made me remember my aunts murder, my brothers suicide and some other more personal memories I won't go into....

- My great-grandmother passed away (she was the only nice German)

- I tried committing suicide in June when off my medication and was institutionalized for a month

- Two cousins were killed in combat (Iraq)

- My cancer intensified and it's "too late" apparently

- Another friend committed suicide after her mother died in a car accident two weeks ago

- I got accepted to my top University only to be rejected a couple weeks later due to my health issues

You know what PARADIGM. We need to go to metal concert and kick some sh!t out of people in the mosh pit. And then go get hammered. :)

<cyber hug> I'm so sorry about all your stuff that's been going on within the last year.

How can you be so awesome when you have the worst shitt in the world happen to you.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:33:08 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:25:23 PM, askbob wrote:

Bad genes... *shrugs*

Did you know she had the mental illness when you married her? Also what is it in particular?:

No, of course not. Who I married nearly a decade ago is not the same person I see today, whatsoever. She's just spiraled in to depths I cannot even fathom.

I was her strongest advocate, but you know, she's literally destroying the family like an cancer. For the sake of my children, we need to remove ourselves from the environment.

The problem is, there is no good solution when it comes to something like this. There's only a slightly less terrible solution.

FML
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:34:32 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:29:11 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
You know what PARADIGM. We need to go to metal concert and kick some sh!t out of people in the mosh pit. And then go get hammered.:

F*ck dood, welcome to the sh*t sandwich. Looks like we both have to take a huge bite.

I've been eating that sandwich since I was 11 -- I could really go for some Subway right now. :P

<cyber hug> I'm so sorry about all your stuff that's been going on within the last year.:

Thanks, babe! I'm not too worried about any of this, it's just that today was the last straw. I'm like a cat... I always land on my feet. ;)

Yeah, I know that feeling. If you ever need to rant/talk, feel free to PM me! I enjoy talking people through things. :)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:36:35 PM
Gotta get some kind of sleep.

Wouldn't wanna miss my f*cking psych appointment tomorrow!

See you all tomorrow.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:37:44 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:33:08 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/27/2011 9:25:23 PM, askbob wrote:

Bad genes... *shrugs*

Did you know she had the mental illness when you married her? Also what is it in particular?:

No, of course not. Who I married nearly a decade ago is not the same person I see today, whatsoever. She's just spiraled in to depths I cannot even fathom.

You are Edward Fairfax Rochester
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:38:01 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:32:01 PM, askbob wrote:
At 1/27/2011 9:22:25 PM, annhasle wrote:

How can you be so awesome when you have the worst shitt in the world happen to you.

Aww, thanks! Haha, I'm sure there are people with worst lives than me. You just take it one day at a time and enjoy the little things -- I've been told that I have only a couple years probably so I want to make the most of them. My dream is to graduate from college so I gotta stay strong! :)
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:42:27 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:10:09 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Mind if I vent?

My life has been shredded in to a thousand pieces, and then the pieces doused with gasoline and set on fire.

I'm married to a mentally ill woman who is dragging my little family to the depths of hell.

That's tough man. I've been in a similar situation myself, but without the wedding ring. Moving out of my daughter's home when my relationship with her mother broke down was the hardest decision and the most turbulent period of my life. Hope you guys can work it out, recognising that one person does actually have an illness that is impacting the relationship can be a positive step, but if things do break down completely then it needn't destroy your relationship with your son. I still see my daughter all the time, though it was hard living apart (although still very local) at first. Me and her mum are both in other relationships now and probably overall happier and better parents than we were together. We co-operate far more easily now that almost all the feeling is gone between us.

I was investigated by NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) and CGIS (Coast Guard Investigative Service) for the alleged rape of a female officer.

Being falsely accused of rape is every man's worst nightmare, can't imagine what you must be going through.

CPS (Child Protective Services) were called to my house on account of my mentally ill spouse.

I've been there too man, you'll ride it out.

My Command is trying to force me out of the military, and may not let me re-enlist.

Career change is difficult but there could be a silver lining here, I think I've seen you talk about wanting to get out of the military before. Something about it conflicting with your libertarian ideals?

My enlistment is up in March. That means I have no job, no income, no place to live, no health insurance, nothing.

You say below you've got a plan. You seem like a resourceful guy and hopefully you have some good friends and/or family around. Don't be afraid to ask for help in an emergency, it's not a sign of weakness.

We all have our crutches, don't be too hard on yourself for drinking a little to try and cope with stress, not that it's likely to help much but... still.

I'm forced to go to Boston tomorrow to have a mandatory psychological evaluation.

I'm sure you'll be able to con them that you're totally sane :)
I had a meeting today for my son with the principle and his teachers. They're concerned by his lack of motivation and sadness because of his mother.

My daughter went through a really sad and solemn period that affected her at school. After me and her mum split up, first her maternal grandmother and then my mum passed away, which affected her badly. She's doing much better now though and is happy at school.

On, and on, and on, and on..... The bad news just keeps piling up. This is what I've been facing for the last year, but most of it is within the last month.

And yet, for all of this, I have a plan... For every problem, I have brainstormed for a solution, and even though my back is up against the wall, all day, everyday, I still am in control.
I reckon you'll handle it all man.

Nah, bad enough, but nothing like that. Cheers for making me feel a bit better about my own sh1t.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 9:51:53 PM
At 1/27/2011 9:37:44 PM, askbob wrote:
he's just spiraled in to depths I cannot even fathom.

You are Edward Fairfax Rochester

good book 8)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 10:11:48 PM
Mind if I vent?

HUGE CYBER HUG!!!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 2:37:12 AM
I tend to bottle things in, and I don't really know why I am saying this now but anyway.

My ostensibly healthy father died suddenly in november.
My fiancee dumped me shortly after Christmas, we have had a partial reconcilliation, the engagment is still off, she will only wear her ring in front of my mother who still does not know. We will not last, and quite obviously have a long drawn out break up ahead of us.

So I have it bad, but perhaps not as bad as others.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 10:12:21 AM
that's rough paradigm.. sorry bud..

i've a small problem.. i've this big yellow lump on my ball sack.. not quite sure what it is... it's like a giant spot..and i mean giant.. and it feels all squishy but i went at it with a needle and not a hope could i burst it.. it's freakin' me out a small bit..
signature
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 10:13:34 AM
Ann, I assume you have gotten a second opinion on your condition. I can't believe anyone in this day and age could be told that they are too late to even treat their condition.
no comment
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 10:18:12 AM
At 1/28/2011 10:12:21 AM, badger wrote:

i've a small problem.. i've this big yellow lump on my ball sack.. not quite sure what it is... it's like a giant spot..and i mean giant.. and it feels all squishy but i went at it with a needle and not a hope could i burst it.. it's freakin' me out a small bit..

That's a great way to get it infected. Go see a doctor, it's not worth losing your nuts.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 10:24:50 AM
At 1/28/2011 10:18:12 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

That's a great way to get it infected. Go see a doctor, it's not worth losing your nuts.

yeah that'd be horrible.. but what if he tries to shove something down my cock?
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 10:29:58 AM
At 1/28/2011 10:24:50 AM, badger wrote:
At 1/28/2011 10:18:12 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

yeah that'd be horrible.. but what if he tries to shove something down my cock?

Naaah don't be silly...

That will probably be the nurse.

But seriously it's a brief flash of pain, nothing to worry about. Probably not even required as you probably just have a spot/boil or something.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 1:27:40 PM
Hope you guys can work it out, recognising that one person does actually have an illness that is impacting the relationship can be a positive step, but if things do break down completely then it needn't destroy your relationship with your son.

Oh, no, it's irreparable at this point. There's nothing left, and I have to think about the welfare of the children above all else.

Being falsely accused of rape is every man's worst nightmare, can't imagine what you must be going through.:

It feels like a movie. How can something like that happen to me? I heard the official good news about an hour ago from my Executive Officer that the case has been dropped due to lack of evidence in her favor. Well, no, sh*t! That's because no one was raped! Although they cannot tell me, she's got to be in a world of hurt. Making false claims of rape to save yourself is more than just reprehensible behavior, it's criminal.

I've been there too man, you'll ride it out.:

That case was closed a few months ago, but I'm just illustrating how bad things have been over the last year.

Career change is difficult but there could be a silver lining here, I think I've seen you talk about wanting to get out of the military before. Something about it conflicting with your libertarian ideals?:

Got the unofficial word about that an hour ago too. My XO confirmed my fears, that the Captain is not planning on allowing me to re-enlist, either on active duty or reserves. After this post I'm going to write him an appeal letter.

My plan is to go in to the Reserves in Miami, seeing as how I have all my family there. It just makes sense. My kids need the family support with lots of love in the absence of their mother (still not sure how I'm going to accomplish that part, but I'm brainstorming).

While in the reserves, I plan to use my Post 9/11 GI Bill to go to school. Taking 3 classes a semester means that my housing is payed for. This will allow me plenty of time to look for full-time employment. With the economy the way it is, time is my enemy, and this will give me the time I need.

The good part of the reserves is that I will have all the benefits of being in the military with only a minimum obligation.

We all have our crutches, don't be too hard on yourself for drinking a little to try and cope with stress, not that it's likely to help much but... still.:

LOL! Well, that's the funny part. I'm not an alcoholic, according to the counselor. The military has to send you to an alcohol dependency screening whenever an incident occurs where alcohol is related.

I'm sure you'll be able to con them that you're totally sane:

Sane, yes, but the counselor suspects I have an acute case of Dysthymia, or mild depression, which can be spurned on by traumatic events that deplete levels of serotonin and other natural "feel-good" chemicals in the brain. I didn't argue the point. I've definitely grown used to, as Pink Floyd would say, a "Comfortable Numb."

My daughter went through a really sad and solemn period that affected her at school. After me and her mum split up, first her maternal grandmother and then my mum passed away, which affected her badly. She's doing much better now though and is happy at school.:

Yeah, an I suspect my son will too. He's very clingy to females because he is missing that nurturing from his mother. He's very affectionate, and the poor little guy is reaching out.

Nah, bad enough, but nothing like that. Cheers for making me feel a bit better about my own sh1t.:

Haha! This will pass, but I've been bottling it up. Since the internet affords a level of anonymity, might as well capitalise on that.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 3:37:37 PM
At 1/28/2011 10:13:34 AM, Caramel wrote:
Ann, I assume you have gotten a second opinion on your condition. I can't believe anyone in this day and age could be told that they are too late to even treat their condition.

I have visited three hospitals here in the U.S. and then four in Europe. The prevailing opinion is that it's "too late" however one group of doctors are willing to try an experimental and inherently risky procedure. However, since I have a heart condition and an immune deficiency disorder, they are not sure if they could even help. It ain't looking good but I'm not giving up. It's the 21st century -- there has to be at least one treatment, right? :)
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 5:38:12 PM

Damn, sorry all this sh1t is happening/happened to you.

Going with what Ann did here is my past year...

- Broke up with my ex girlfriend who then a week later told me she was pregnant. A week later she threatend to file "Sex offender" charges against me (at one point i was 17 and she was 15)

- Best friend who i've known for 5 years and dated on and off od'd on dilaudid and died in my car, then resuscitated in the hospital. (was dating her at the time)

- Around the begining of November I started hanging out with ^^^ girl once again, and she got me back into the drug scene.

- Became hopelessly addicted to cocaine, did it everyday for about two months, spending sh1t tons of money. making poor decision after poor decision, stealing from my best friends... hurting those around me that have known me forever... all around bad stuff

- Said girl from about od'd on cocaine almost dying right infront of me (seizure)

- Said girls parents now hate me with a passion

- Due to my addiction I am on academic probation at Delta and have to speak to an advisor to register for classes, have a GPA of 0.00 because I never went to class and for the most part dropped out of college.

- I've pretty much lost the few 4 good friends i've had my entire life because I made stupid mistakes, stabbed them in the back and stole from them...

- My parents are convince that I am constantly doing drugs and whenever they look at me you can see the disappointment in their eyes.

life's a b1tch
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 6:13:58 PM
Damn, that is pretty bad. Are you at least clean now? And if not, do want to get clean?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 6:33:28 PM
You think y'all got it bad?

Here's my life's sucky parts:

Having a wrinkle in my shirt.
Sneezing last night.
Feeling a bit Gassy here and there.
Eating peas when I wanted green beans.
kfc
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 7:19:55 PM
At 1/28/2011 6:13:58 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Damn, that is pretty bad. Are you at least clean now? And if not, do want to get clean?

Yeah i'm clean now. I have been for 2 weeks. And I plan to stay clean.