Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Are you serious? o.O;

annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 12:53:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So today I dyed my hair black before going to work. When I got there, not many people noticed until my first client came in. She's a 19 year old named Lindsey who attends Catholic school and has VERY superstitious family members. We talked for the usual hour and when she was leaving, she said "Don't show my mother your hair." I was slightly confused but she left before I could ask her to clarify. A half an hour later there was a knock on my door and it was my boss -- he asked me to attend this seminar with him and two other counselors/therapists. We got to the seminar and I was sitting towards the front when I asked my boss, "Where did you hear about the seminar?" He replied, "Lindsey's mother is the guest speaker and gave me the address." Now, at this point I remember Lindsey's warning and got a bad feeling...

I should really listen to my intuitions. The seminar goes by without any fuss but at the end when it's "socializing" time, Lindsey's mother comes up to my boss to chat. And, of course, he calls me over to consult about Lindsey's health. The mother turns to look at me, and I kid you not, yelled, "Oh my goodness! What happened to your hair? Do you not realize that you have not cleansed your body of your sins -- and now your hair has turned black!" At this point she mimics a cross shape with a muttered prayer and walks away quickly. I'm unsure of what to do and my boss looks absolutely petrified. When I say she yelled, she mothatfvckin' YELLED.

And guess what? She is no longer allowing Lindsey to see me for counseling. A young lady who absolutely NEEDS counseling. And why? She wrote on the form... "Her hair is black." WTF.

Anybody else have any good stories? :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 1:08:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
That story makes me lose a lot of faith in humanity. If this happens to you a lot then I see why you are so cynical Ann.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 2:12:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 1:15:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
You're a counselor?

I'm a Suicide Prevention Educator and then an independent counselor for youth (ages 8 -17). :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 2:19:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Holy hell wtf?
I didn't know that was a reason? Maybe you should have worn a hijab?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 3:17:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Thats pretty darned fruity!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 3:27:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 1:08:44 AM, rogue wrote:
That story makes me lose a lot of faith in humanity. If this happens to you a lot then I see why you are so cynical Ann.

Most people mistake realistic for being cynical.

Optimists are people who either are really really fvcking stupid, or people who have not had enough life experience to realize that the majority of people out there are NUTS. There is also a sizable minority of people who are REALLY NUTS...

Go meet some Pentecostal Christians. Go to one of their services.. Hell, that almost doesn't do it justice... If you are raised in a pentecostal family, you REALLY know how nuts they are.

Then after you think that is bad, go out into the ghetto and make friends with people who are strung out on drugs. Especially those heroine addicts. Those people will REALLY make you lose faith in humanity. All the craziness of the pentecostals, but insanely self centered and willing to screw you over and take advantage of you without even feeling the slightest bit of remorse.

The sick thing is, there are people who actually believe that those are the only two paths to take. A lot of them. Either get god, and get crazy about it.. Or fall into a life of sin and addiction, and hey, if you are going to sin, you might as well go all the way.

Then sh!t, look how willfully ignorant and complacent everyone is.. Look at how STUPID the great majority of people are.

Combine all this with the fact that our very nature causes us to fvck everything up.

I'd be surprised if people were still around in 2,000 years. We are just that bad.

That said, it sure is fun being a people who is alive and all. Cherry blossoms, yo
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 5:01:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Poor Lindsey: if she lived in Britain I'm sure Social Services would have intervened and taken her into care a long time ago, but never mind that, why did you dye your hair? You're not going grey already are you annhasle?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 5:04:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 1:15:19 AM, FREEDO wrote:
She must hate Asians.

HAHAHHAAHAAHAHA!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 5:05:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 5:04:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/28/2011 1:15:19 AM, FREEDO wrote:
She must hate Asians.

HAHAHHAAHAAHAHA!

I could just imagine her coming up to every Asian yelling the same bs about cleansing their sins and their black hair!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 5:14:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Not sure if I should feel bad for you or just laugh. There will always be loud people who cannot tolerate anything beyond Wonder Bread and Boiled chicken.

Don't even try to help them understand, they're lives are depressingly governed by fear, and that is impossible to break through in your position.

Too bad about your client, no wonder she's seeing you.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 5:45:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 5:05:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/28/2011 5:04:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/28/2011 1:15:19 AM, FREEDO wrote:
She must hate Asians.

HAHAHHAAHAAHAHA!

I could just imagine her coming up to every Asian yelling the same bs about cleansing their sins and their black hair!

Yes, that was funny!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 3:40:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/28/2011 5:01:54 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Poor Lindsey: if she lived in Britain I'm sure Social Services would have intervened and taken her into care a long time ago, but never mind that, why did you dye your hair? You're not going grey already are you annhasle?

I like change and get bored easily. Some girls buy shoes when they're bored. Others might read a book. I dye my hair. Lol. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:23:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You should wear fangs and go all deviled up and see if you can find where she frequents. Then just look at her and show her your fangs.

And say "I want to suck all the goodness out of you and turn your hair black"

See what happens.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:27:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/31/2011 1:23:08 AM, askbob wrote:
You should wear fangs and go all deviled up and see if you can find where she frequents. Then just look at her and show her your fangs.

And say "I want to suck all the goodness out of you and turn your hair black"

See what happens.
I'd think she'd have a conniption.
I miss the old members.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:54:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/31/2011 1:27:47 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 1/31/2011 1:23:08 AM, askbob wrote:
You should wear fangs and go all deviled up and see if you can find where she frequents. Then just look at her and show her your fangs.

And say "I want to suck all the goodness out of you and turn your hair black"

See what happens.
I'd think she'd have a conniption.

Be sure to video tape it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:35:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
@ askbob

Technically I could but... I really don't want to be fired. :P

Good idea though! I'll definitely tell my co-workers about it... Don't worry, I'll give you the credit. ^_^
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:26:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 1/28/2011 12:53:17 AM, annhasle wrote:
So today I dyed my hair black before going to work. When I got there, not many people noticed until my first client came in. She's a 19 year old named Lindsey who attends Catholic school and has VERY superstitious family members. We talked for the usual hour and when she was leaving, she said "Don't show my mother your hair." I was slightly confused but she left before I could ask her to clarify. A half an hour later there was a knock on my door and it was my boss -- he asked me to attend this seminar with him and two other counselors/therapists. We got to the seminar and I was sitting towards the front when I asked my boss, "Where did you hear about the seminar?" He replied, "Lindsey's mother is the guest speaker and gave me the address." Now, at this point I remember Lindsey's warning and got a bad feeling...

I should really listen to my intuitions. The seminar goes by without any fuss but at the end when it's "socializing" time, Lindsey's mother comes up to my boss to chat. And, of course, he calls me over to consult about Lindsey's health. The mother turns to look at me, and I kid you not, yelled, "Oh my goodness! What happened to your hair? Do you not realize that you have not cleansed your body of your sins -- and now your hair has turned black!" At this point she mimics a cross shape with a muttered prayer and walks away quickly. I'm unsure of what to do and my boss looks absolutely petrified. When I say she yelled, she mothatfvckin' YELLED.

And guess what? She is no longer allowing Lindsey to see me for counseling. A young lady who absolutely NEEDS counseling. And why? She wrote on the form... "Her hair is black." WTF.

Anybody else have any good stories? :P


That's America ;)

No really, that woman is out of her mind. You clearly chose to dye your hair, she was ignorant to the extreme.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 5:31:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I had a woman come up to me once and tell me that my (Iron Maiden) Tshirt was offending her Christian sensibilities. I said that her assertion that I don't have the right to wear whatever I like was offensive, and asked her if she'd like me to turn the other cheek.

She made a face like a fish for a while before walking away.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?