Jump to topic:

I'm a schmuck.

gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 7:42:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have created a thread for everyone to post what they dislike, hate, and/or despise about me and my posts. I will not attempt to defend myself or any of the things I have written. I encourage any and all criticism, ridicule, contempt, etc. I promise to read with an open mind, and will make no further remarks in this thread. Go...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 7:46:11 PM
Well I know I don't like that you accused Rogue of lying without actually knowing what she has actually read so yes, you are a schmuck. :)

Ok, I'm done. That's all I can really think of off the top of my head.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 8:01:16 PM
I'm more of a schmuck than you . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 8:04:58 PM
At least from what I've seen, if someone has an absurd viewpoint, you are more likely to mock or call them names than actually have a discussion with them.

Whether you are right or not, you aren't going to get anywhere by insulting the other people. It isn't convincing to the other side in the slightest.. Especially when their concerns are ignored.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 8:07:49 PM
At 2/5/2011 8:04:58 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At least from what I've seen, if someone has an absurd viewpoint, you are more likely to mock or call them names than actually have a discussion with them.

Whether you are right or not, you aren't going to get anywhere by insulting the other people. It isn't convincing to the other side in the slightest.. Especially when their concerns are ignored.

This too. I should add that to mine.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 10:17:54 PM
Yes I agree, you tend to mock and name call more than you do argue rationally.

You said that my life will be a struggle without any evidence of that claim, you tend to make assertions without rationalising them. And on this site, that kind of attitude is most rejected.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 10:50:22 PM
At 2/5/2011 10:17:54 PM, GodSands wrote:
Yes I agree, you tend to mock and name call more than you do argue rationally.

Coming from you, this is pretty valid.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
ASB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2011 11:56:31 PM
Gavin belives that Libertarianism and capitalism should coexist... what a schmuck!!!

lol

Gavin believes that we should basically live in a state of anarchy in a capitalistic economy... what a schmuck!!!!!

lol

Gavin believes that monopolies caused by lack of government should exist, that the government does not solve any of our problems and that we should all live in an extreme right society (which is ruled by nobody), that thrives on taking advantage of each other(since this is basically what capitalism is based on anyway... the individual)....
JUST IMAGINE WHAT THIS WORLD WOULD LOOK LIKE

Gavin is like a Zionist trying to bring upon the Apocalypse!!!!
WHAT A SCHMUCK!!!!

lol, Gavin hope u dont take this personal
ASB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:20:49 AM
???? no, to me this is an opportunity to roast somebody and the other person not to take it seriously....

just because one says something does not mean that he means it...

example: I said that Gavin is a Zionist... i do not know if he is.
I said that he believed in conning people, i dont think he does.
I said that he believed in anarchy and capitalism can coexist... on gavin's profile, it says Libertarian... that doesn't necessarily mean anarchist.

I was just joking around... taking his profile and blowing it out of proportion if i insulted him then i apologize for taking it too far.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:01:40 AM
I think this is very brave of you to do this and I commend you. The only problem I have is that you often come off very condescending which will with most people be met with more disrespect and condescending remarks. Also, I think you are not open to others ideas a lot on forums. That doesn't help anyone.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:06:38 AM
This is going off of only what I've read in the one thread that Godsands started. You seem to disregard peoples' ideas when they are contrary to your own. You also seem to not administer the same criteria you demand other peoples' rationale meet to your own. Also, as has been stated previously, being overly demeaning will in no way earn you more respect, nor will it make you a better debater.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:40:58 AM
1: You declared Rogue to be a liar, your evidence was utterly subjective "she does not have the opinions I think she should have". You however considered this sufficient grounds to drag her name through the mud. Yet when challenged to support your charge via a debate you refuse to do so. Spineless and dishonest.

2: You continue to lie about your religion.

3: You out-troll people like Jharry.

4: You start retarded threads like this. Oooh look at me, look at me!

Apart from that you are dandy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:48:33 AM
I'll be honest. I just read that thread you made about Obama being a liar... Personally I wouldn't argue it... but nevertheless, between 7 or 8 pages of "OMG he's a fvcking douchebag dickface @sshole and if you disagree your a fvcking stupid idiot and I'm not going to talk to you", and the whole "Sarah Palin should die" spiel at the end I can't help but think that any ounce of credibility you previously held has now, along with your head, completely disappeared up your own @ss.

There's a big difference between being ardent about things you believe ('straight up' as you put it) and just being a dick. Unfortunately, your assholishness is further fed by your 'I don't give a sh!t what people think' attitude. By ignoring or just simply mocking those you view to be inferior you've convinced yourself that it's other people who are the problem and not you. It's actually very reminiscent of another member on this site (who shall remain nameless) who is also notorious for throwing tantrums as soon as somebody questions him. Seriously, if you have to resort to name-calling and derision to prove your point, then there's probably something wrong with your initial position.

Drop the attitude, pull your head out of your @ss, and stop talking down to people... because you sound like 14 year old girl. If you're so convinced that you're right, you should have no problem dealing with ignorance and opposing views using logical arguments instead of calling someone an 'ignorant bitch'...
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:56:18 AM
As much respect as I had for you when you first joined the site, it has diminished. It might be because a lot of people on this site (not mentioning names besides Panda and askbob...) (and theLwerd and ccstate4peat) influenced you in such a way that you thought,

Wow, they're really running the site. They have power. I'm gonna try to be like them...

and you thought that way very wrongly. I'll put it as simply as possible- be yourself, unless you're a hater. Then change yourself, and stop being a hater. No one likes haters, and no one likes bandwagoneers and suck-up-ish flatter-ers (unless it's askbob and Panda, they'll love you if you give them your undying support).

tl;dr

Don't let people influence you, be your good self, and refrain from unnecessary comments. You have a lot of potential that you're flushing away, but you can still fish it out before it's too late.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:12:05 AM
No need to twist the knife and pour salt in to the wounds at this point. I actually like you a lot. We have a lot of commonality, but I did notice that you have an itchy trigger finger, especially when it comes to theists in general.

We're all going to get in heated and passionate debate at times... that's expected. If I were to give any advice, it would be to pick and choose your battles wisely. If you slay someone just for the sake of them being a theist, for instance, chances are they're just going to shut down. For them, that kind of berating only confirms what they suspected all along -- that atheists froth at the mouth, yet tout rationality.

Nobody is expecting you to be perfect, Gavin, just a fun guy to be around who makes solid arguments. If even your enemies respect you, you know you've done something right.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:14:34 AM
Right now, you are probably doing more harm to the antichrist cause than anyone right now.

Satan is not amused.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:22:15 AM
Well, I think that should just about do it. Sorry for the way I've been everyone, but it was necessary. I can't share all the details, but I can tell you it's been interesting. I'm not really a complete anus like I've behaved for about the last 1-2 months. I am working on something that required all of your reactions to the transformation. I'll explain in greater detail later in the week.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:42:51 AM
At 2/6/2011 2:22:15 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Well, I think that should just about do it. Sorry for the way I've been everyone, but it was necessary. I can't share all the details, but I can tell you it's been interesting. I'm not really a complete anus like I've behaved for about the last 1-2 months. I am working on something that required all of your reactions to the transformation. I'll explain in greater detail later in the week.

Joaquin Phoenix?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:45:27 AM
At 2/6/2011 2:42:51 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/6/2011 2:22:15 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Joaquin Phoenix?

No, not a documentary, but similar.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:54:36 AM
I was most surprised by Paradigm. He remained docile and mostly unoffended by my antics, which were unacceptable, at best. I do hope I will still be welcome here, although I had already expected to be run out. Thanks again to everyone. I really had a blast, and I'm glad that there is a site like this where people come to broaden their minds. I'll post my results later this week, when I'm done.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 5:39:04 AM
At 2/6/2011 2:54:36 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
I was most surprised by Paradigm. He remained docile and mostly unoffended by my antics, which were unacceptable, at best. I do hope I will still be welcome here, although I had already expected to be run out. Thanks again to everyone. I really had a blast, and I'm glad that there is a site like this where people come to broaden their minds. I'll post my results later this week, when I'm done.

you're a dummy!
signature
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 7:05:54 AM
At 2/6/2011 1:01:40 AM, rogue wrote:
I think this is very brave of you to do this and I commend you. The only problem I have is that you often come off very condescending which will with most people be met with more disrespect and condescending remarks. Also, I think you are not open to others ideas a lot on forums. That doesn't help anyone.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 10:14:41 AM
At 2/6/2011 1:40:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
4: You start retarded threads like this. Oooh look at me, look at me!

Apart from that you are dandy.

Agreed.

and.. well.. you know.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:55:07 PM
At 2/6/2011 1:56:18 AM, m93samman wrote:
I'll put it as simply as possible- be yourself, unless you're a hater. Then change yourself, and stop being a hater. No one likes haters, and no one likes bandwagoneers and suck-up-ish flatter-ers (unless it's askbob and Panda, they'll love you if you give them your undying support).

** WARNING: Rant, profanity and pissed off annhasle. DO NOT READ IF THIS HURTS YOUR SENSIBILITIES IN ANY WAY**

You complain so much about harassment towards INH and yet your insults towards askbob and panda are in multiple threads. Every time you have the oppurtunity to reinforce your hatred of these two (and theLwerd as well), you'll take it. Whether it be during a theLwerd vs. Mirza forum chat or a INH vs. askbob/panda forum chat. I rarely see you post in the forums anymore but when you do -- they are rarely positive or helpful.

Dude, we get it. You don't like them. But c'mon... You b!tch about harassment when you are doing the exact same thing. But let me guess -- it's okay since "they started it"? If you actually want to stop harassment on this site, then stop being a d!ck yourself. Your avatar was a sign saying "Beware of theLwerd", implying that she's a b!tch. How the fvck is THAT not disrespectful? Oh wait, it's okay because theLwerd can dish it out too? I really hate double standards like that. You are either okay with harassment via internet or not -- but picking which people are "allowed" to harass is just fvcking stupid. Regardless of INH or Mirza being your friends, if you truly don't like people who harass -- then stop harassing people yourself. Even if you are "saving a damsel in distress", you are still being a total tool while doing so.

Now, this is coming from a b!tch. I KNOW that I'm a b!tch -- but at least I can recognize that and own up to it instead of being holier-than-thou. I felt like this needed to be said since the idea that your harassment is "okay" but panda/askbob's or theLwerd's harassment is a "big no-no" is complete BS. Feel free to call me out on my own sh!t too but I was getting sick and tired of reading your posts about the "cruel" behavior of others -- and the ironic post "why can't we all get along?" when you are creating an "us vs. them" situation.

tl;dr -- Practice what your preach... Or stfu too.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:26:51 PM
At 2/6/2011 2:55:07 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/6/2011 1:56:18 AM, m93samman wrote:
I'll put it as simply as possible- be yourself, unless you're a hater. Then change yourself, and stop being a hater. No one likes haters, and no one likes bandwagoneers and suck-up-ish flatter-ers (unless it's askbob and Panda, they'll love you if you give them your undying support).

** WARNING: Rant, profanity and pissed off annhasle. DO NOT READ IF THIS HURTS YOUR SENSIBILITIES IN ANY WAY**

You complain so much about harassment towards INH and yet your insults towards askbob and panda are in multiple threads. Every time you have the oppurtunity to reinforce your hatred of these two (and theLwerd as well), you'll take it. Whether it be during a theLwerd vs. Mirza forum chat or a INH vs. askbob/panda forum chat. I rarely see you post in the forums anymore but when you do -- they are rarely positive or helpful.

Dude, we get it. You don't like them. But c'mon... You b!tch about harassment when you are doing the exact same thing. But let me guess -- it's okay since "they started it"? If you actually want to stop harassment on this site, then stop being a d!ck yourself. Your avatar was a sign saying "Beware of theLwerd", implying that she's a b!tch. How the fvck is THAT not disrespectful? Oh wait, it's okay because theLwerd can dish it out too? I really hate double standards like that. You are either okay with harassment via internet or not -- but picking which people are "allowed" to harass is just fvcking stupid. Regardless of INH or Mirza being your friends, if you truly don't like people who harass -- then stop harassing people yourself. Even if you are "saving a damsel in distress", you are still being a total tool while doing so.

Now, this is coming from a b!tch. I KNOW that I'm a b!tch -- but at least I can recognize that and own up to it instead of being holier-than-thou. I felt like this needed to be said since the idea that your harassment is "okay" but panda/askbob's or theLwerd's harassment is a "big no-no" is complete BS. Feel free to call me out on my own sh!t too but I was getting sick and tired of reading your posts about the "cruel" behavior of others -- and the ironic post "why can't we all get along?" when you are creating an "us vs. them" situation.

tl;dr -- Practice what your preach... Or stfu too.

Is it me or do women say that a lot ?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ