Jump to topic:

Designing Languages . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 7:59:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am currently designing a language, has anyone else here tried or is currently trying to make one as well?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:11:42 PM
Why?
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:19:19 PM
At 2/7/2011 7:59:32 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I am currently designing a language, has anyone else here tried or is currently trying to make one as well?

I'd rather make a code to be honest.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:20:59 PM
At 2/7/2011 8:12:33 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I tried once, but failed miserably.

I am currently designing 2 and I have gotten past grammar my issues lie in my making of a dictionary and building an sensible written format, for only one was given an phonetic alphabet and the other is designed more like a mix of Egyptian, Chinese, Mayan, and Korean in its written format, and the syntax is similar to Korean, Egyptian, Mayan, and several Native American languages.
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:31:55 PM
J co prw e ufjitumnqj.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:54:55 PM
At 2/7/2011 8:31:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
J co prw e ufjitumnqj.

Nyu
Ckin hek nyam pa ckin
Guess what it means?
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 9:01:59 PM
At 2/7/2011 8:57:20 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Programming languages?

Nah, when it comes to programming its best to use preexistent versions, I am talking about spoken languages but you can include programming languages if you so wish.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 9:21:36 PM
I wrote my own language, when i was bored in 2nd period.
I still use it for taking notes(No Copiers) and stuff.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 9:24:23 PM
shouldn't we work on shrinking the number of languages instead of making ourselves more incoherent to others?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 6:08:36 AM
At 2/7/2011 9:24:23 PM, askbob wrote:
shouldn't we work on shrinking the number of languages instead of making ourselves more incoherent to others?

We tried that but personal pride and nationalism makes that close to impossible so the only logical conclusion is to make so many languages to the point no one can understand one another and then people will attempt to make a single language [it's the master plan].
Minister Of Trolling
:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 8:54:01 AM
At 2/7/2011 9:24:23 PM, askbob wrote:

Or at least work on perfecting your use of your native language?

"I shall learn no language 'til i've mastered my own." - Churchill
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:50:58 PM
At 2/8/2011 2:07:14 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/8/2011 2:06:57 PM, badger wrote:
hoob boob a loob, dooby doob?

you have to make that something..

Those sounds mess with the basic sound placement principles of my languages.
Minister Of Trolling
: