Jump to topic:

Simplicity

PrimoVictoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 9:13:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The greatest peace can be found in the most simplistic of things yet at the same time so can the greatest boredom, this means that peace generally leads to boredom and the need to find some form of entertainment leads to the production of chaos, chaos causes unrest which causes us to find peace and continue the cycle all over again. So what is your opinion upon this idea?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 9:25:04 PM
Complexity is far more dissonant, and infinitely sexier.

Especially in music.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2011 9:40:51 PM
At 2/25/2011 9:13:39 PM, PrimoVictoria wrote:
The greatest peace can be found in the most simplistic of things yet at the same time so can the greatest boredom, this means that peace generally leads to boredom and the need to find some form of entertainment leads to the production of chaos, chaos causes unrest which causes us to find peace and continue the cycle all over again. So what is your opinion upon this idea?

Boredom with simplicity doesn't come from simplicity. We don't intrinsically seek more complicated tasks when we are bored, we simply seek different ones.

The way I've decided to live my life is to demand a very low standard of living and be happy with the simple things. When I tire of one activity, I seek another one that is equally low-maintenance and simplistic, but different.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 11:43:29 AM
At 2/26/2011 5:48:46 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
We're so busy entertaining ourselves that we forget to enjoy ourselves.

And now you know why complex is sexier than simplicity. XP
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 9:59:46 PM
At 2/25/2011 9:40:51 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 2/25/2011 9:13:39 PM, PrimoVictoria wrote:

Boredom with simplicity doesn't come from simplicity. We don't intrinsically seek more complicated tasks when we are bored, we simply seek different ones.

That's not entirely true. Don't we all seek to be challenged?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 12:14:49 AM
Complex, simple, they are all different textures.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 2:05:09 AM
At 2/26/2011 5:48:46 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
We're so busy entertaining ourselves that we forget to enjoy ourselves.

But isn't most entertainment a medium for enjoying the self and others?
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins