Jump to topic:

Fractals and The Universe

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 1:22:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Is it possible that a fractal universe has an infinite number of levels and we are infinitely large and infinitely small?

What is the mathematical equation to the universe?
If we knew it, could we predict the future?
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 1:23:01 PM
At 3/19/2011 1:22:16 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Is it possible that a fractal universe has an infinite number of levels and we are infinitely large and infinitely small?

What is the mathematical equation to the universe?
If we knew it, could we predict the future?

First question=Yes
Second Question=42
Third Question=Yes
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 11:27:28 PM
I met the person who invented fractals, shook his hand, and listen to him read poetry for an hour and a half.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 6:39:58 AM
At 3/20/2011 11:27:28 PM, askbob wrote:
I met the person who invented fractals, shook his hand, and listen to him read poetry for an hour and a half.

No you didn't.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 7:06:19 AM

I did the same with Dr. Seuss.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 8:20:56 AM

Thats pretty cool. My grandad was friends with Mandelbrot.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:21:18 AM
At 3/21/2011 6:39:58 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

No you didn't.

actually i got the wrong chemist. My bad lol.

I met http://en.wikipedia.org..., shook his hand, and listened to him read poetry for an hour and a half.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
willywonka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 6:54:38 PM
Well I can't give you exact math, but the current theory points toward multiple dimensions. In each of these deminsions particles are constantly disappearing somewhere and reappearing somewhere else. The idea being that these particles must go somewhere else for a split second. If there are infinite deminsions, than it's not likely that we can eer predict the future, because it appears we can never examine these particles in their other deminsions i.e. we can only predict our deminsion *for the time being)

As far as the question about us being infinitely small or large I like the question, but I think it's just too broad to answer. If you beleive in infinite deminsions than yes you are infinitely large and small. Because you and your particles exist in infinite deminsions your existance would be meaningless, but at the same time significant in every instance.

I like to explain infinite space with an example of spheres. You can fill a basketball with mables, fill in the gap between marbles with bb's, and so on. You can put infinitely small spheres into the spaces inside the basketball. This is also reflected in the fact that it is not possible to find the exact area of a perfect circle. Think of the universe as one proton of one atom and it becomes easy to imagine deminsions in an infinite light.