Jump to topic:

The Primacy of Consciousness

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 1:11:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am flabbergasted! This guy is saying what I have been!

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Find time to watch the whole thing. A little over an hour.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 1:34:40 AM
Does this mean we can actually experience reality after we die? I don't mean a soul, I'm just saying that perhaps we will get to experience this cosmic consciousness, except from a different perspective after death.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 3:49:02 AM
At 3/23/2011 1:34:40 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Does this mean we can actually experience reality after we die? I don't mean a soul, I'm just saying that perhaps we will get to experience this cosmic consciousness, except from a different perspective after death.

I believe I made a thread suggesting that before.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 4:12:14 AM
An argument worth making can be made in text.

Meanwhile I prefer the primacy of existence to the primacy of consciousness.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 1:38:40 PM
At 3/23/2011 1:11:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I am flabbergasted! This guy is saying what I have been!

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Find time to watch the whole thing. A little over an hour.

As I have said numerous times, Consciousness is the true Actuality, whereas, reason and the senses is reality - or a realization of the senses only. Since the birth of materialistic science which studied nothing but the objective, the Subjective became almost a swear word - I have heard the word subjective used many times in these forums to suggest that the argument or point of view was almost something to ignore. But, comes along an 'authority' to say it and we begin to dance. This proves that people do not wish to truly understand, but have their thinking done for them by proxy - or authorities. The new paradigm shift is upon us and it has not yet been recognized, and it will be far bigger than the scientific revolution! Watch this space...
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 1:43:59 PM
At 3/23/2011 1:34:40 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I have never watched the video - don't have time. But I will say this. Some have experienced Cosmic Consciousness while still imprisoned in the body - and it cannot be experienced without a Mind or Soul to experience it with. After release from the atomic body, we experience as we did here, but in a much more beautiful or worse way, depending on our desires and creations here. Be GOOD! That is all.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:39:16 PM
New Age bunk.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:45:20 PM
Lost me when he started talking about reincarnation and clairvoyance.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:49:08 PM
At 3/24/2011 1:39:16 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
New Age bunk.

wow, you of all people are calling something new age bunk? craziness!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:53:02 PM
At 3/24/2011 1:49:08 PM, belle wrote:
New Age bunk.

LOL
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 1:59:51 PM
New Age bunk.

Tell me what makes you think I am New Age, and I will show you how you don't understand what I'm saying.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 8:42:01 AM
At 3/24/2011 1:59:51 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
New Age bunk.

Tell me what makes you think I am New Age, and I will show you how you don't understand what I'm saying.

I don't think you are new age (I think you just BS which ever way you feel like), but enough with "you don't get what I mean" and "Nobody understands me"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:19:29 PM
At 3/25/2011 8:42:01 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
New Age bunk.

I don't think you are new age (I think you just BS which ever way you feel like), but enough with "you don't get what I mean" and "Nobody understands me"

If you take it in context, it's pretty clear that there are members of this forum who don't understand the things I say, even if I speak in a very lucid manner. Even if something I say sounds like BS, often times it is just me wording something obvious in an unnecessarily wordy and complex way.

Why do I do that? Because I find it humorous when someone argues with me when I'm saying the exact same thing as them.

I've always noticed from watching people talk to each other that they don't understand what the other is saying. They don't actually listen to each other, they just think about what they are going to say next. The inefficiency of human communication is a great source of amusement for me. It's also a good way to single out someone who doesn't really understand what they are talking about if you in fact do know what you are talking about.

Or you can go on thinking whatever you like about me, I don't care. Keep being dense about the things I say, or just call me an idiot. You are the people I'm making fun of.
Sottaceti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:21:44 PM
At 3/25/2011 12:19:29 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
New Age bunk.

If you take it in context, it's pretty clear that there are members of this forum who don't understand the things I say, even if I speak in a very lucid manner. Even if something I say sounds like BS, often times it is just me wording something obvious in an unnecessarily wordy and complex way.

Why do I do that? Because I find it humorous when someone argues with me when I'm saying the exact same thing as them.

I've always noticed from watching people talk to each other that they don't understand what the other is saying. They don't actually listen to each other, they just think about what they are going to say next. The inefficiency of human communication is a great source of amusement for me. It's also a good way to single out someone who doesn't really understand what they are talking about if you in fact do know what you are talking about.

Or you can go on thinking whatever you like about me, I don't care. Keep being dense about the things I say, or just call me an idiot. You are the people I'm making fun of.

What is the joy of observing peoples' stupidity? I, myself, am saddened by the idiocy of the common man.
Sottaceti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:24:15 PM
My above post being said, this is probably the largest clusterfuck of actually intelligent peoples I have seen thus far on the Internet.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 1:27:10 PM
New Age bunk.

You aren't anywhere near as smart as you think you are.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 2:21:19 PM
At 3/25/2011 1:27:10 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
New Age bunk.

You aren't anywhere near as smart as you think you are.

I'm aware of my own stupidity. When people start realizing that they are stupid, they tend to take the time needed to understand the other person when they communicate.

I'm glad to be aware of my stupidity. It is my strength. >.>
eball45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:21:17 PM
At 3/25/2011 12:24:15 PM, Sottaceti wrote:
My above post being said, this is probably the largest clusterfuck of actually intelligent peoples I have seen thus far on the Internet.

What does this mean?... A clusterfuck of intelligent people?
Like saying, " He's short and tall."
Sounds stuped :)
eball45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:32:43 PM
lol... It's ok Alfonso, I don't think your stupid. But, your opinions do sound quite mystical from my interpretation. Not everything mystical is "New-Age," but all mystical thinkers could find serious common ground; this includes New-age thinkers.
So, people are probably a little confused when one mystical thinker calls another school of mystical thinking "bunk." Kind of like a christian calling muslim thought "bunk," even though they tred on fairly similar ground.
eball45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 12:09:58 AM
At 3/25/2011 12:24:15 PM, Sottaceti wrote:

Or, I suppose your actually paying homage to the people on the site?
In that case, I like your style.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 1:07:40 AM
At 3/25/2011 10:32:43 PM, eball45 wrote:
lol... It's ok Alfonso, I don't think your stupid. But, your opinions do sound quite mystical from my interpretation. Not everything mystical is "New-Age," but all mystical thinkers could find serious common ground; this includes New-age thinkers.
So, people are probably a little confused when one mystical thinker calls another school of mystical thinking "bunk." Kind of like a christian calling muslim thought "bunk," even though they tred on fairly similar ground.

If my opinions sound mystical, you have a bad interpretation. ;p

If I do speak in a way that seems "mystical", it's either because I'm describing a concept that is by nature very hard to communicate, or it's because I'm making fun of how shallow minded people think when interpreting text.

I hang around the religion forum too much. Most of the atheists there are incredibly pretentious, and have a poor understanding of religion.. Though they feign otherwise. I make fun of them by saying things they agree with in mystic talk, because I know they will disagree with me if I word it in a way that sounds sufficiently like religion.

I was hoping that maybe it would open some minds, but I doubt it really is doing anything of the sort. I keep doing it because I think it's funny, and hey, maybe somebody will get what I'm doing.

People all across the board are bad at communicating. People look really stupid to me when they attempt to rebut something without first making certain that they understand what the other person is saying. Bad communication causes most all of the problems in this world. Humans are not very efficient at translating information, and they are even worse at transferring it.

I'm human too, I'm just aware of this problem. It is a revelation that does shift your paradigm a bit. Not like the kind of paradigm shift that New Agers advocate.. The kind of paradigm shift they advocate is the kind that invites all sort of nonsense and utter crap into your head. It is no different than any other religion. Superstition, confirmation bias, and worst of all, pseudo-science. It's a big money making scheme used to lure in egotistical and pretentious schmucks.

That said, like all "religions", if you follow with integrity and honesty, you will arrive at the same conclusion. I used to never think that, but eventually, it made sense to me.. But in a VERY different way than what most people mean when they say that same thing.

Yeah, like the video states, we are in need of a paradigm shift.. But one that leads us to accept and come to terms with our own ignorance, and obvious stupidity. One that allows us to realize how ridiculous we are. Once we do that, everything is like play. Science should be humble, and it should be fun. Why smash together really tiny sh!t? Why the fvck not? Learning stuff is fun, even if you realize no matter how much you learn, you are still going to be a dumbfvck who doesn't really know anything. So why do it at all? Because it's fun, damnit!
eball45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 7:24:29 PM
At 3/26/2011 1:07:40 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

If I do speak in a way that seems "mystical", it's either because I'm describing a concept that is by nature very hard to communicate, or it's because I'm making fun of how shallow minded people think when interpreting text.

I hang around the religion forum too much. Most of the atheists there are incredibly pretentious, and have a poor understanding of religion.. Though they feign otherwise. I make fun of them by saying things they agree with in mystic talk, because I know they will disagree with me if I word it in a way that sounds sufficiently like religion.

I was hoping that maybe it would open some minds, but I doubt it really is doing anything of the sort. I keep doing it because I think it's funny, and hey, maybe somebody will get what I'm doing.

People all across the board are bad at communicating. People look really stupid to me when they attempt to rebut something without first making certain that they understand what the other person is saying. Bad communication causes most all of the problems in this world. Humans are not very efficient at translating information, and they are even worse at transferring it.

I'm human too, I'm just aware of this problem. It is a revelation that does shift your paradigm a bit. Not like the kind of paradigm shift that New Agers advocate.. The kind of paradigm shift they advocate is the kind that invites all sort of nonsense and utter crap into your head. It is no different than any other religion. Superstition, confirmation bias, and worst of all, pseudo-science. It's a big money making scheme used to lure in egotistical and pretentious schmucks.

That said, like all "religions", if you follow with integrity and honesty, you will arrive at the same conclusion. I used to never think that, but eventually, it made sense to me.. But in a VERY different way than what most people mean when they say that same thing.

Yeah, like the video states, we are in need of a paradigm shift.. But one that leads us to accept and come to terms with our own ignorance, and obvious stupidity. One that allows us to realize how ridiculous we are. Once we do that, everything is like play. Science should be humble, and it should be fun. Why smash together really tiny sh!t? Why the fvck not? Learning stuff is fun, even if you realize no matter how much you learn, you are still going to be a dumbfvck who doesn't really know anything. So why do it at all? Because it's fun, damnit!

Well said sir.
I suppose i'm confused on what you believe because all I see is certain opinions you have on semantical subjects. I'd love to learn more. For instance, do you believe in an after life of a conscious sort, where you still have the same sense of "I?"
Is everthing consciousness? If so, are there seperate parts, like a finger to a hand(i.e. you and I). Is your philosophy an organized type of religion, or merely just your own thoughts?
I figure if I can get your answers to these questions (cliff notes version) then I will no longer be capable of misunderstanding what your saying; thus far, I've been merely guessing I suppose.
Further, I agree with your pretentious atheist observationn. In fact, I don't think i've ever met a humble atheist. All I've crossed paths with always speak in a condesending tone, like they have all the answers and your a child for not realizing it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 8:56:07 PM
At 3/26/2011 7:24:29 PM, eball45 wrote:
At 3/26/2011 1:07:40 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Well said sir.
I suppose i'm confused on what you believe because all I see is certain opinions you have on semantical subjects. I'd love to learn more. For instance, do you believe in an after life of a conscious sort, where you still have the same sense of "I?"
Is everthing consciousness? If so, are there seperate parts, like a finger to a hand(i.e. you and I). Is your philosophy an organized type of religion, or merely just your own thoughts?
I figure if I can get your answers to these questions (cliff notes version) then I will no longer be capable of misunderstanding what your saying; thus far, I've been merely guessing I suppose.
Further, I agree with your pretentious atheist observationn. In fact, I don't think i've ever met a humble atheist. All I've crossed paths with always speak in a condesending tone, like they have all the answers and your a child for not realizing it.

If you don't understand, ask, I will attempt to clarify.

I don't mean to drag this anymore off topic than I already have.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 8:40:15 AM
Me and my gf are 20 minutes into the video... gonna watch it in pieces. Impressive so far. I especially like how he is spending effort to define his terms well.
kfc
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:20:10 PM
At 3/28/2011 5:19:32 PM, badger wrote:
there's nothing extraordinarily amazing about consciousness.

actually.. besides that i can get it stoned ;) lol
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2011 5:24:20 PM
At 3/28/2011 8:40:15 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
Me and my gf are 20 minutes into the video... gonna watch it in pieces. Impressive so far. I especially like how he is spending effort to define his terms well.

i got 20 minutes into it and i was thinking well i'm not gonna watch the rest of this.. though by 20 minutes of watching it, i mean i had the dude, or two dudes(?), talking shite at me from another tab..
signature