Jump to topic:

Girl foeticide

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 4:34:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If abortion should be allowed, why shouldn't foeticide based on gender be disallowed? Or should that be allowed too?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 4:35:37 PM
At 4/14/2011 4:34:34 PM, Indophile wrote:
If abortion should be allowed, why shouldn't foeticide based on gender be disallowed? Or should that be allowed too?

That doesn't make sense. I'll go again.

If abortion should be allowed, shouldn't foeticide based on gender be allowed too?
And it will be true.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 5:49:01 PM
not interesting women are killing their babies because of gender but interesting that indo doesn't see a difference between abortion and abortion
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:03:12 PM
Depends on if you think back alley hanger abortions should be legal or not.

Also depends on if you think it should be legal for someone who doesn't have the qualifications to perform heart surgery.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:43:10 PM
At 4/14/2011 5:49:01 PM, headphonegut wrote:
not interesting women are killing their babies because of gender but interesting that indo doesn't see a difference between abortion and abortion

what?
And it will be true.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:25:39 PM
At 4/14/2011 6:43:10 PM, Indophile wrote:
At 4/14/2011 5:49:01 PM, headphonegut wrote:

what?

all I am saying is that you make total sense. It doesn't make a difference for why women abort just a long as the parasite comes out between their legs fantastic way of thinking
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:46:21 PM
If abortion should be allowed, why shouldn't foeticide based on gender be disallowed? Or should that be allowed too?:

I've made that argument before, and the only thing the opposition could say is that it promotes bigotry. As if that is relevant, how? It's either a non-human without rights or it isn't. Can't have it both ways.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:06:55 PM
don't see why it matters?
If she doesn't want to raise a female child due to future costs (tampons, potential pregnancies, and that they tend to be more superficial), then she should be able to abort based on it being female.
If she doesn't want to raise a male child because she can't handle the stress of young boys, or the grocery bill she should be able to abort male children.

I do not see why it matters at all, as long as it is an individual choice, and forced on no one, by anyone.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:08:38 PM
At 4/14/2011 8:06:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
If she doesn't want to raise a female child due to future costs (tampons, potential pregnancies, and that they tend to be more superficial), then she should be able to abort based on it being female.
If she doesn't want to raise a male child because she can't handle the stress of young boys, or the grocery bill she should be able to abort male children.

I do not see why it matters at all, as long as it is an individual choice, and forced on no one, by anyone.

grocery bill? lol
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:49:09 PM
At 4/14/2011 7:46:21 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
If abortion should be allowed, why shouldn't foeticide based on gender be disallowed? Or should that be allowed too?:

I've made that argument before, and the only thing the opposition could say is that it promotes bigotry. As if that is relevant, how? It's either a non-human without rights or it isn't. Can't have it both ways.

I agree mostly with this although it's generally held that animals (non-persons) have at least some kind of minimal rights or moral worth, right? It doesn't have to be all or nothing - although, if one wants to take that route they are going to run into some seriously difficult issues trying to explain what exactly accords moral worth or minimal rights to the fetus.

"The question is: Against whom is this unjust discrimination practiced? Given a denial of fetal personhood, the discrimination in question cannot be against the human fetus herself or himself. Discrimination is only problematic when practiced against persons who merit equal and just treatment. To discriminate between non-persons, for example, plucking the red roses, but leaving the white, is not ethically problematic in itself, since these plants do not have rights nor do they merit equal respect as persons. Since the human fetus is not considered a person on the typical pro-choice view, concerns about discrimination against the human fetus should not be relevant in considering actions taken against humans prior to birth."

- Christopher Kaczor
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:49:51 PM

Are you serious?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 8:58:51 PM
I agree mostly with this although it's generally held that animals (non-persons) have at least some kind of minimal rights or moral worth, right?:

Not according to Pro-Lifer's. The argument is obviously designed to pit two morals against each other, forcing the Pro-Lifer to choose between the consistency of believing in the non-personhood of a foetus versus the discrimination of gender.

But if they are to remain cogent and consistent, gender seems irrelevant if we are in fact not dealing with human beings entitled to inherent individual rights.

So to get angry at a selective abortion makes no sense.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:03:12 PM
At 4/14/2011 8:49:51 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Are you serious?

Well, if you're pro-abortion and you don't think the fetus has rights, it doesn't really matter what kind of reason you have for wanting to abort it, right?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:04:58 PM
Edit to add: I'm meant Pro-Choice, not Pro-Life
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:11:34 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:03:12 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Are you serious?

Well, if you're pro-abortion and you don't think the fetus has rights, it doesn't really matter what kind of reason you have for wanting to abort it, right?

That'd be the consistent thing to conclude, yes. I'm just always a bit taken aback that someone has followed the implication.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:12:25 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:03:12 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Are you serious?

This.
What I'm saying is action in say, china, where people had forced abortions, and in the past forced abortions of female fetuses, is immoral, as is the forced abortion of male only children.
It is immoral for any child to be aborted due to outside force such as by the family, friends, social expectations, or government.
Its not so much an issue of the sexism behind the abortion, but rather, who is making the choice.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:13:14 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:11:34 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

That'd be the consistent thing to conclude, yes. I'm just always a bit taken aback when someone has followed the implication.

Fix'd
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:14:44 PM
hmmm when you have a country lets say India and you have all the women their aborting their babies because they're female ( how they got an ultrasound I shall never know) It's a war on evolution like a big corporation modifying seeds to only survive one cycle ( a corn seed for example [corn is a grass btw] engineers modify it so all the ears of the seed won't grow) women in our country chosen india are essentially doing the same thing not allowing other females to exist and let darwin's natural selection theory take place how can girls (that are born miraculously) compete with others that simply don't exist?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:15:03 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:13:14 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

That'd be the consistent thing to conclude, yes. I'm just always a bit taken aback when someone has followed the implication.

What do you mean by that?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:20:35 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:14:44 PM, headphonegut wrote:
hmmm when you have a country lets say India and you have all the women their aborting their babies because they're female ( how they got an ultrasound I shall never know) It's a war on evolution like a big corporation modifying seeds to only survive one cycle ( a corn seed for example [corn is a grass btw] engineers modify it so all the ears of the seed won't grow) women in our country chosen india are essentially doing the same thing not allowing other females to exist and let darwin's natural selection theory take place how can girls (that are born miraculously) compete with others that simply don't exist?:

That's assuming forced abortions, which in and of itself violates Pro-Life and Pro-Choice ethics. So it's moot.

Let's say a woman, of her own volition, only wants a male child for whatever reason. Is she entitled to abort the female and keep the male?

Her body, her choice, right?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:28:54 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:20:35 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 4/14/2011 9:14:44 PM, headphonegut wrote:
hmmm when you have a country lets say India and you have all the women their aborting their babies because they're female ( how they got an ultrasound I shall never know) It's a war on evolution like a big corporation modifying seeds to only survive one cycle ( a corn seed for example [corn is a grass btw] engineers modify it so all the ears of the seed won't grow) women in our country chosen india are essentially doing the same thing not allowing other females to exist and let darwin's natural selection theory take place how can girls (that are born miraculously) compete with others that simply don't exist?:

That's assuming forced abortions, which in and of itself violates Pro-Life and Pro-Choice ethics. So it's moot.

that's assuming women choose to abort because they have a female child and I don't think you mean to play the ethics card in what vacuum world is it "ethical" to terminate a fetus because it's a female?

Let's say a woman, of her own volition, only wants a male child for whatever reason. Is she entitled to abort the female and keep the male?

that's why gays are coming in droves to america? also you're right she has every right to have a male child not disputing that ( nvr said she couldn't)

christians would disagree with you
and it depends what country you're in
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:34:25 PM
headphonegut, its from a pro abortion rights perspective.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:40:42 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:34:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
headphonegut, its from a pro abortion rights perspective.

oh ok then I'll take the pro life perspective
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:45:32 PM
that's assuming women choose to abort because they have a female child and I don't think you mean to play the ethics card in what vacuum world is it "ethical" to terminate a fetus because it's a female?:

The pregnant woman's motives are irrelevant. You know the mantra: Her body, her choice. If we're not dealing with human beings then the sex is an insignificant detail, as insignificant as race would be, or what nationality the fetus would be if it were allowed to fully gestate. It's inconsequential to the fundamental issue, which is, if a fetus is a non-human with no individual rights, then the sex of the fetus is irrelevant.

And if it's irrelevant, then there should logically be no problem with selective abortion.

that's why gays are coming in droves to america?:

Uh, what?

and it depends what country you're in:

This argument is based on what a pregnant woman wants in a society that allows abortion.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:45:56 PM
as a pro lifer ( whatever that means) I say abortions are inherently evil and should be disallowed and biologist will tell you that life begins is when a zygote is formed it is a single celled organism that that will eventually become multi cellular I say that all life is equal and no life is above the other if invading the body is wrong then anybody who eats omelets are evil all life should be given the opportunity to compete and let natural selection take it's course
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:48:41 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:45:56 PM, headphonegut wrote:
as a pro lifer ( whatever that means) I say abortions are inherently evil and should be disallowed and biologist will tell you that life begins is when a zygote is formed it is a single celled organism that that will eventually become multi cellular I say that all life is equal and no life is above the other if invading the body is wrong then anybody who eats omelets are evil all life should be given the opportunity to compete and let natural selection take it's course

seems like you are either late to the party....or are at the wrong party altogether! And I assure you, omelets are not served here :)
And it will be true.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:49:55 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:45:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
that's assuming women choose to abort because they have a female child and I don't think you mean to play the ethics card in what vacuum world is it "ethical" to terminate a fetus because it's a female?:

The pregnant woman's motives are irrelevant. You know the mantra: Her body, her choice. If we're not dealing with human beings then the sex is an insignificant detail, as insignificant as race would be, or what nationality the fetus would be if it were allowed to fully gestate. It's inconsequential to the fundamental issue, which is, if a fetus is a non-human with no individual rights, then the sex of the fetus is irrelevant.

but the sex of the fetus clearly is relevant because it's the cause the lead to the effect because it's a girl it will be aborted you're the one trying to make sex irrelevant when the women who are having the abortion clearly make it very relevant

And if it's irrelevant, then there should logically be no problem with selective abortion.

that's why gays are coming in droves to america?:

Uh, what?

and it depends what country you're in:

This argument is based on what a pregnant woman wants in a society that allows abortion.

if a society allows the systematic killing of a gender then that is no longer a society I want to be a part of
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:50:32 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:48:41 PM, Indophile wrote:

seems like you are either late to the party....or are at the wrong party altogether! And I assure you, omelets are not served here :)

please explain
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:53:50 PM
At 4/14/2011 9:48:41 PM, Indophile wrote:

what makes your life more valuable than a chickens?