Jump to topic:

Ascentia and Fiducia.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 12:15:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What do you think these words mean? I'll tell you. Ascentia means to acknowledge something at true, for example; I acknowledge that children grow into adults. Relating this to Christianity however, I believe strongly and many of you may know, that there are many professing Christians who have a ascentia belief in Jesus, an acknowledgement of Him. They simply acknowledge that Jesus Christ died for our sins, not because they believe that, but that they believe in that it happened, or in other words should I say, they indirectly believe that Jesus died for our sins, long ago. But they do not trust the Bible tell us to trust or they do not trust in a biblical way, but perhaps in a humanistic sense.

Fiducia means that not only does someone acknowledge something, but they trust in that something, for example; I acknowledge that children grow into adults, and I trust that my child will do just that. Relating this to Christianity, there are less people with this quality and more with the quality of acknowledgement alone. To have fiducia belief, or acknowledgement, one trusts in someone with everything. And there are only few people on this site (or anywhere else) who are actually Christian. I am saying this as a fact, not as a criticism.

In Romans, it is repeated a number of times that we are saved by faith alone. Yet in James 2:14, the author speaks of being saved through faith and of works. In this a contradiction? No! You just have to put everything here into context. If one is really saved, they will show that they are by providing evidence through works. Yet we are not saved through works, but by faith. James says that faith is dead if we say we have faith, yet do not act as if we have faith.

Our faith is sufficient, yet are works are necessary if we are saved. Yet if we have faith, which saves us through the blood of Christ, our works are necessary to others to show that we are saved, not to Christ. For Christ knows our faith, and our faith makes us righteous.

If someone grows up in a family that practices that through faith and works one is saved, then that does not mean they are actually saved, it could just be a way that they were brought up. In that thy must be born again (John 1:12-13). Likewise if one is brought up thinking that faith is was saved, they might not practice works, but live like Hell Razor and think he or she is saved.

The real converts will have faith, and they will do the will of the Father (Matthew 7:21) are saved. Yet they know that they are not saved by works, yet their works suggest that they are indeed saved. In that they will no continue to sin, they will begin to hate the sin that they once loved, and love the things of God that they once hated. And that goes for idolatry too, someone who has been brought up as a Calvinist and does lots of good stuff thinking that they will get to heaven because of what they do, that is idolatry.

So, those with the ascentia type of faith, examine yourselves.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 9:09:23 PM
This addition has a few grammar problems. So I will sort them out.

At 4/17/2011 12:15:22 PM, GodSands wrote:
What do you think these words mean? I'll tell you. Ascentia means that one acknowledges something at true, for example; I acknowledge that children grow up into adults. Relating this to Christianity however, I believe strongly as many of you may know, that there are many professing Christians who have a ascentia belief in Jesus, an acknowledgement of Him. They simply acknowledge that Jesus Christ died for our sins, not because they believe that with relation to themselves, that they are the subject of the purpose of Jesus' death (hence why I said our sins, not their sins), but that they believe in that it happened, or in other words should I say, they indirectly believe that Jesus died for our sins, long ago. But they do not trust the Bible that tells us to trust in Jesus Christ or they do not trust in a biblical way, but perhaps in a humanistic sense.

Fiducia means that one does not only acknowledge something, but they trust in that something, for example; I acknowledge that children grow into adults, and I trust that my child will do just that. Relating this to Christianity, there are less people with this quality and more with the quality of acknowledgement alone. To have fiducia belief, or acknowledgement, one trusts in someone with everything. And there are only few people on this site (or anywhere else) who are actually Christian. I am saying this as a fact, not as a criticism.

In Romans, it is repeated a number of times that we are saved by faith alone. Yet in James 2:14, the author speaks of being saved through faith and of works. Is this a contradiction? No! You just have to put everything here into context. If one is really saved, they will show that they are by providing evidence through works. Yet we are not saved through works, but by faith. James says that faith is dead if we say we have faith, yet do not act as if we have faith.

Our faith is sufficient, yet are works are necessary if we are saved. In that we will be irresistibly draw to do what is right. It isn't so much out of our free will as it is an unconverted persons nature to sin. Yet if we have faith, which saves us through the blood of Christ, our works are necessary to others that show that we are saved, not to Christ. For Christ knows our faith, and our faith makes us righteous. But Jesus Christ favors our works and He will reward us for them.:

If someone grows up in a family that practices that through faith and works one is saved, then that does not mean they are actually saved, it could just be a way that they were brought up. In that thy must be born again (John 1:12-13). Likewise if one is brought up thinking that faith is what saves, they might not practice works, but instead live like Hell Razor and they will think he or she is saved.

The real converts will have faith, and they who do the will of the Father (Matthew 7:21) are saved, yet they will not out of a demand or out of benefit or perhaps out of a train of thought, but out of love for Jesus Christ. Yet they know that they are not saved by works, yet their works suggest that they are indeed saved. In that they will not continue to sin, they will begin to hate the sin that they once loved, and to love the things of God that they once hated. And that goes for idolatry too, someone who has been brought up as a Calvinist and does lots of good stuff thinking that they will get to heaven because of what they do, that is idolatry.

So, those with the ascentia type of faith, examine yourselves.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2011 10:07:17 PM
Probably because what you are describing is utter bullocks, and no one takes you seriously enough anymore to debate with you.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 7:13:56 AM
At 4/17/2011 10:07:17 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Probably because what you are describing is utter bullocks, and no one takes you seriously enough anymore to debate with you.

I wouldn't take your first point, but I am close to agreeing with you on your second point - that no one takes me seriously enough. People never really did from the beginning to be square.