Jump to topic:

athiests find god

truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 10:29:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
question to all athiests if hypotheticly you came to the conclusion that there is a god what would u do?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 11:08:08 PM
define god. god can be something that created the world, in which case acceptance of such a being as fact would not necessitate change in action, only in thought, so the only outcome would be a different way of looking at things and someone's behavior probably wouldn't change as a result. since you can't really prove that something does not exist, this is always an existing possibility, even if it's microscopic.
god of a specific religion... well that wouldn't happen because there are things inherent in the doctrines/scripture of today's religions that contradict themselves, accepted science, history, etc, and they can more easily be proven to be false than can a supreme deity.
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 11:11:05 PM
any sort of theoretical metaphisical supream being that created and runs the world it doesnt have to be true hence the word theoreticl/hypothetical.

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 7:39:49 AM
At 5/2/2011 10:29:43 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
question to all athiests if hypotheticly you came to the conclusion that there is a god what would u do?

I would believe in God...

?
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 8:00:26 AM

Just a question, and it doesn't necessarily reference you, truthseeker613.

Why is it that all the threads about atheism, whenever questioned by a religious person, the religious person almost always doesn't give good grammar or barely gives an argument.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 8:08:16 AM
At 5/3/2011 8:00:26 AM, Extremely-Far-Right wrote:

Why is it that all the threads about atheism, whenever questioned by a religious person, the religious person almost always doesn't give good grammar or barely gives an argument.

Because they secretly worship the Bantersaurus Rex, who promotes such things. And by "they" I mean me, for I am the Lolrus.
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 8:14:46 AM

interesting observation. I can only answer for my self I hate spelling and grammer as it doesnt make much sence to me.
anyway what would "believe in god" mean what actions would u take?
yes I know I spelled you wrong.

Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 8:28:34 AM
At 5/3/2011 8:14:46 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:

interesting observation. I can only answer for my self I hate spelling and grammer as it doesnt make much sence to me.
anyway what would "believe in god" mean what actions would u take?
yes I know I spelled you wrong.

Which God?

A generic Deist God wouldn't change much, I'd imagine.
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 9:39:06 PM
Are you on drugs? Such an irrational question is answered with common sense.

If you were an Atheist that started to believe in God, then you wouldn't be an Atheist any longer. You would believe in God.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -