Jump to topic:

- The Art of War -

Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 11:02:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like to hear some thoughts on what people think about Sun Tzu's book called "The Art of War".

It has been a great source of knowledge for many leaders over the last 2000 years or more...

Thoughts?
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 11:57:23 PM
The basic message of the book.

http://www.profilebrand.com...
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
CrazyRepublican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 12:12:17 AM
I think The Art of War is a wonderful book. Sun Tzu was a brilliant strategist and made a book that is not only valuable knowledge during times of war, but also other competitive activities such as sports and politics.
Soli Deo Gloria
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 12:29:34 AM
I feel the same way. I have read it multiple times and every time I finish it i come away with a new outlook towards how to apply the knowledge I learned.

- Lionheart -
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 12:30:30 AM
At 5/8/2011 11:02:06 PM, Lionheart wrote:
I would like to hear some thoughts on what people think about Sun Tzu's book called "The Art of War".

It has been a great source of knowledge for many leaders over the last 2000 years or more...

Thoughts?

Is that why the world has been so fvcked up the past 2,000 or more years?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 12:40:58 AM
You can give any leader a great weapon to use... It's how the leader chooses to use that weapon that determines his/her greatness.

That's my opinion at least.

- Lionheart -
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 10:22:20 AM
I personally enjoy reading it, despite the fact that I will probobly never need to use anything I read, its still quite a good read. Even though it was writen so long ago its not difficult to transfer the information into present day uses.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 6:02:40 PM
I feel that the knowledge in "The Art of War" can be applied in a variety of areas outside of "war". Building a strong social circle, furthering your career, dealing with love relationship problems or family problems, etc.

It really enjoy the book.

- Lionheart -
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 3:35:41 PM
"If you know your enemy and you know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle."

"When the enemy is at ease, be able to weary him; when well fed, to starve him; when at rest, to make him move. Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you."

"It is essential to seek out enemy agents who have come to conduct espionage against you and to bribe them to serve you. Give them instructions and care for them. Thus doubled agents are recruited and used."

"The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim."

"The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom."

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War -

- Lionheart -
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2011 4:44:53 PM
Sun Tzu made test taking easy, he also made it easier to make an profit at school.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 11:00:43 AM
At 5/10/2011 3:35:41 PM, Lionheart wrote:
"When the enemy is at ease, be able to weary him; when well fed, to starve him; when at rest, to make him move. Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you."

I like this one. Now is the time.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 10:26:05 PM
"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War -

http://www.military-quotes.com...