Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Prove that I exist.

blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 11:21:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Prove that I exist.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 11:23:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You do a rather marvelous job of doing that yourself.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2011 11:37:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 11:23:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
You do a rather marvelous job of doing that yourself.

I disagree. How can you prove that I'm more than a phenomenon on the forum? How do you know that this isn't all a figment of someones imagination? How do you know, without a doubt, that I exist?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 12:08:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You can't know anything with 100% certainty.

However, I am 99.9% sure that you in exist in some form or another.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
smc_gamer
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 10:45:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
As of yet, no one has written a computer program which can respond accurately to any input, like you are doing.
"If good things lasted forever, would we appreciate how precious they are?"
-Hobbes
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2011 11:08:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
As others have mentioned, the empirical evidence would seem to show you exist. This isn't for certain. However, in order to get anywhere in a discussion, it's best to operate under the working assumption that you exist.

For instance, let's say you're a figment of my imagination. Hell, let's say this entire website is a figment of my imagination. While it's astronomically improbable (this website is as consistent and as viscerally real as everything else in my life), if in fact I'm imagining you, there's nothing I can do about it, so I might as well assume you're real. I've got better things to worry about in life.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 2:29:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/5/2011 10:45:13 AM, smc_gamer wrote:
As of yet, no one has written a computer program which can respond accurately to any input, like you are doing.

Even if he was a computer program he would still exist. Just not as a human being.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 6:01:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 11:21:14 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Prove that I exist.

You don't, go away.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 6:03:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/6/2011 6:01:52 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/4/2011 11:21:14 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Prove that I exist.

You don't, go away.

10/10
kfc
CGBSpender
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 8:38:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/4/2011 11:21:14 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Prove that I exist.

"I" in this case is necessarily whoever the writer of that sentence is. Beyond that, we know nothing about the "I" we need to prove exists. Since all we have to go on is that something that is capable of making the above request exists, the fact that the above request is made proves that you exist. If the above request doesn't exist, than it's a non-issue isn't it?

You can say that you might just be a figment of my imagination so on and so forth, but since that may be who you are than that doesn't mean you don't exist it just means that you have figmenty nature. That's the scientific term at least :p.