Jump to topic:

Moving through dimensions

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 12:13:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have been thinking about what will happen if one moves through dimensions.

I have come up with a series of tests to help predict the outcome:

TEST A: A baby is born 100% colorblind. A cure is applied at age 30 and either...

A: The person sees color and recognizes it perfectly.
B: The person does not see color because the brain cannot process this new dimension.
C: The person sees color but his senses are overwhelmed
D: The person does not see color even though his brain is registering it simply because he cannot relate it to anyone.

TEST 2: Try Imagining a shape or color unlike any other shape, either...
A: You imagine a shape or color unlike any other
B: You cannot imagine it because what you imagine is some combination of shapes you are familiar with.

Test 3: Try to convert one sense into another. (Sound to vision, taste to sound)
A: Varied outcomes

discuss
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 12:14:51 AM
... wtf are you talking about? what does any of this have to do with moving through dimensions?
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 12:28:00 AM
At 6/14/2011 12:14:51 AM, belle wrote:
... wtf are you talking about? what does any of this have to do with moving through dimensions?

Those are dimensions.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 12:58:08 AM
discuss

In physics and mathematics, the dimension of a space or object is informally defined as the minimum number of coordinates needed to specify each point within it.

Source: wikipedia

What you mean is probably utilizing senses. Or turning on various senses.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 1:04:25 AM
At 6/14/2011 12:30:37 AM, belle wrote:
in what sense of the term dimension does color qualify?

color is a dimension of sight. Imagine a black and white image, now add color. More depth. Color is a dimension of sight.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 12:22:53 PM
At 6/14/2011 12:13:02 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
I have been thinking about what will happen if one moves through dimensions.

I have come up with a series of tests to help predict the outcome:

TEST A: A baby is born 100% colorblind. A cure is applied at age 30 and either...

A: The person sees color and recognizes it perfectly.
B: The person does not see color because the brain cannot process this new dimension.
C: The person sees color but his senses are overwhelmed
D: The person does not see color even though his brain is registering it simply because he cannot relate it to anyone.

That would depend on where the colorblindness is located. If the baby was born with it, it is almost certainly located within the eyes (a missing cone, or displayed cone). If that is fixed, you will "see" the colors that you hadn't seen before, however you will not be able to place a name to it, since you brain recognizes the name to a particular signal from the eyes (which you are now getting a new set of signals). So you would have to re-learn your colors (at least those along the area that you were blind in).

TEST 2: Try Imagining a shape or color unlike any other shape, either...
A: You imagine a shape or color unlike any other
B: You cannot imagine it because what you imagine is some combination of shapes you are familiar with.

Right, you either can or can't.

Test 3: Try to convert one sense into another. (Sound to vision, taste to sound)
A: Varied outcomes

Fantasia, and/or various drugs.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 2:16:52 PM

I do that constantly as I have Synesthesia. It was reall strong when I was younger and I would hear in colors and I would taste visual stimulation. It has faded a lot now but I still have a lot of cross linking, for example if we are discussing something and you are hostile I see your words as angular. This is likely what causes the myths of aura reading.
Justin_Chains
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 2:48:48 PM
At 6/14/2011 2:16:52 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:

I do that constantly as I have Synesthesia. It was reall strong when I was younger and I would hear in colors and I would taste visual stimulation. It has faded a lot now but I still have a lot of cross linking, for example if we are discussing something and you are hostile I see your words as angular. This is likely what causes the myths of aura reading.

I think you are probably a wizard Cliff. LOL