Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Colors we have not seen.

phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 12:28:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

Has he seen red and blue?
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 12:33:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 12:28:05 AM, Denote wrote:
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

Has he seen red and blue?

Good point.

Rephrase:

Can people who have been color blind their entire life imagine other colors?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 9:06:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 12:33:38 AM, phantom wrote:
At 7/9/2011 12:28:05 AM, Denote wrote:
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

Has he seen red and blue?

Good point.

Rephrase:

Can people who have been color blind their entire life imagine other colors?

Why don't you ask color blind people? lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
CGBSpender
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 10:08:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

It's important to realize that colour is by nature the interaction between qualities "inherent" in an object, light, and certain capacities on the part of the perceiver. It's like imagining what a food would taste like when one of the ingredients is unicorn.
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 9:21:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 10:08:11 AM, CGBSpender wrote:
It's important to realize that colour is by nature the interaction between qualities "inherent" in an object, light, and certain capacities on the part of the perceiver. It's like imagining what a food would taste like when one of the ingredients is unicorn.

This.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 8:25:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

I think he would still dream it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CGBSpender
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 8:46:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 8:25:29 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

I think he would still dream it.

What makes you think that?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 8:47:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 8:46:37 AM, CGBSpender wrote:
At 7/10/2011 8:25:29 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

I think he would still dream it.

What makes you think that?

Those born blind do.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 10:48:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
No I cannot see orange I ask people to describe it all they say is it's orange lol those bastardz
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:13:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 10:48:15 AM, headphonegut wrote:
No I cannot see orange I ask people to describe it all they say is it's orange lol those bastardz

Imagine yellow
Imagine red

Imagine a medium between the two.
CGBSpender
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:36:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 8:47:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/10/2011 8:46:37 AM, CGBSpender wrote:
At 7/10/2011 8:25:29 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/9/2011 12:02:35 AM, phantom wrote:
If someone went his whole life without seeing the color purple, would he be able to imagine it?

I think he would still dream it.

What makes you think that?

Those born blind do.

That's cool, can you post a link or something? I'd be very interested in learning more about that.