Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Movement

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 1:09:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Every philosopher has heard of the classic bow and arrow story (or the half way paradox. The conclusion of these are that it is impossible to be in two places at once. See Zeno's_paradoxes

"So what's your point?"
I'm getting there. According to the laws of Quantum Physics, an electron can be in two places at once?

"ORLY?"
Yeah really.

"So what?" This means that when an arrow is flying through the air, that it is in two places at once! When we rewind to the part where the arrow was launched, kinetic energy was transferred into the arrow.

"Herp derp, so how does that put it in two places at once"

That is my conclusion. Kinetic energy increases the chance of the electrons being in the two places that move the object in a certain direction. Imagine a slideshow. On each slide is an image of an arrow at a certain stage in flight. Now imagine the electrons moving like Newtonian balls. http://www.google.com...
"Enough with oldspice references. Do you have proof?"

Yes. Kinetic Energy=Energy. Electrons have a higher chance of being in 2 places with more energy. Kinetic energy, when transferred to electrons, manipulates the energy levels of the electron, ergo the object moves

"Cool. Back to my cave."
Bye! Thanks for helping demonstrate this concept!

"Sure, anything for my alter-ego!"
No you're MY alter ego!

"NOU"
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 6:05:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/11/2011 1:09:14 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
The conclusion of these are that it is impossible to be in two places at once.

1. No that's not the conclusion.
2. Calculus killed Zeno.
Chuz-Life
Posts: 1,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 8:42:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I completely agree that an object can not be in two places at the same time.

By the way, what city and state are you currently posting from?

=P
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 4:59:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/11/2011 8:42:15 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
I completely agree that an object can not be in two places at the same time.

By the way, what city and state are you currently posting from?

=P

...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 12:24:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/11/2011 6:05:15 AM, Puck wrote:
At 7/11/2011 1:09:14 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
The conclusion of these are that it is impossible to be in two places at once.

1. No that's not the conclusion.

Yeah, the paradox was supposed to show that motion is impossible...

2. Calculus killed Zeno.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
UndeniableReality
Posts: 1,897
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 7:58:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2011 6:05:15 AM, Puck wrote:
At 7/11/2011 1:09:14 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
The conclusion of these are that it is impossible to be in two places at once.

1. No that's not the conclusion.
2. Calculus killed Zeno.

Exactly. An infinite series can have a finite sum.