Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Fear and Excitement

Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:41:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Topic: What does fear and excitement mean to you?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:43:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My belief: Fear is your natural true vibration filtered through a belief system
that is out of tune with your true, core self.

Excitement is your natural vibration filtered through a belief system that is in alignment with your natural, true, core self.

Fear and excitement are the same energy... You experience them differently because of what you filter them through.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:26:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 9:43:01 PM, Tiel wrote:
My belief: Fear is your natural true vibration filtered through a belief system
that is out of tune with your true, core self.

Excitement is your natural vibration filtered through a belief system that is in alignment with your natural, true, core self.

Fear and excitement are the same energy... You experience them differently because of what you filter them through.

What? No. Fear is born out of an overdose of cortisol and excitement is out of adrenaline.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:56:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 11:26:53 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/21/2011 9:43:01 PM, Tiel wrote:
My belief: Fear is your natural true vibration filtered through a belief system
that is out of tune with your true, core self.

Excitement is your natural vibration filtered through a belief system that is in alignment with your natural, true, core self.

Fear and excitement are the same energy... You experience them differently because of what you filter them through.

What? No. Fear is born out of an overdose of cortisol and excitement is out of adrenaline.

uh. no. the acute fear response occurs when excess adrenaline is dumped into your bloodstream. cortisol is released when you're under chronic stress. excitement is more nuanced and less studied as far as i know, but it does have at least some physical similarities to fear.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:04:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 11:56:49 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/21/2011 11:26:53 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/21/2011 9:43:01 PM, Tiel wrote:
My belief: Fear is your natural true vibration filtered through a belief system
that is out of tune with your true, core self.

Excitement is your natural vibration filtered through a belief system that is in alignment with your natural, true, core self.

Fear and excitement are the same energy... You experience them differently because of what you filter them through.

What? No. Fear is born out of an overdose of cortisol and excitement is out of adrenaline.

uh. no. the acute fear response occurs when excess adrenaline is dumped into your bloodstream. cortisol is released when you're under chronic stress. excitement is more nuanced and less studied as far as i know, but it does have at least some physical similarities to fear.

The point is, its not what tiel said.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:28:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 12:04:14 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/21/2011 11:56:49 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/21/2011 11:26:53 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/21/2011 9:43:01 PM, Tiel wrote:
My belief: Fear is your natural true vibration filtered through a belief system
that is out of tune with your true, core self.

Excitement is your natural vibration filtered through a belief system that is in alignment with your natural, true, core self.

Fear and excitement are the same energy... You experience them differently because of what you filter them through.

What? No. Fear is born out of an overdose of cortisol and excitement is out of adrenaline.

uh. no. the acute fear response occurs when excess adrenaline is dumped into your bloodstream. cortisol is released when you're under chronic stress. excitement is more nuanced and less studied as far as i know, but it does have at least some physical similarities to fear.

The point is, its not what tiel said.

Reply: You think so? Ok well I'm excited about a book I just learnd about and I don't have a spike of adrenaline. Also, I am afraid of losing my job, but there is no chemical change in body because of it.

I am talking about actual fear and excitement, not the chemical reactions to them in your body.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 6:59:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 2:41:57 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
You feel feer because of the chemical change in your brain.

Although adrenaline does stimulate glycolysis, and sugar is a form of energy. It doesn't increase the amount of energy in your body per say, since that would violate newton's law, but it allows you to access stored chemical energy in your body.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 2:20:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 6:59:00 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/22/2011 2:41:57 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
You feel feer because of the chemical change in your brain.

Although adrenaline does stimulate glycolysis, and sugar is a form of energy. It doesn't increase the amount of energy in your body per say, since that would violate newton's law, but it allows you to access stored chemical energy in your body.

Question 1: How can I feel fear if the very thing you say causes it (adrenaline), can't react in body until I produce it first?

Statement: Do you know why something is called a chemical reaction? Because it is your body "reacting" to your spiritual emotions. Something can't react until something else acts first. Cause and effect. The cause is emotion, the effect is the chemical reaction in the body.

Question: Why would my body just send out adrenaline for no reason? Do you think the chemicals cause the emotion? How could this be so, for the chemicals come after the emotion starts. It is a reaction to the emotion itself.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:00:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Am I the only one who is thinking something sexual?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:05:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, the chemicals that get released in your brain are effected by your mind set. Your thoughts effect this drastically.

Nearly every psychological problem is the result of some kind of faulty mind set. Buddha was correct when he said that ignorance is the source of suffering.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:08:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 2:20:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 7/22/2011 6:59:00 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/22/2011 2:41:57 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
You feel feer because of the chemical change in your brain.

Although adrenaline does stimulate glycolysis, and sugar is a form of energy. It doesn't increase the amount of energy in your body per say, since that would violate newton's law, but it allows you to access stored chemical energy in your body.

Question 1: How can I feel fear if the very thing you say causes it (adrenaline), can't react in body until I produce it first?
There is a difference in fearing something and feeling fear. The moment in which you experience fear is caused by adrenaline, but having fears is a different thing altogether.

Statement: Do you know why something is called a chemical reaction? Because it is your body "reacting" to your spiritual emotions. Something can't react until something else acts first. Cause and effect. The cause is emotion, the effect is the chemical reaction in the body.

Emotions are also caused by chemicals. Ever heard of women's "time of the month".

Question: Why would my body just send out adrenaline for no reason? Do you think the chemicals cause the emotion? How could this be so, for the chemicals come after the emotion starts. It is a reaction to the emotion itself.

Okay, so let's say you're scared of spiders. Your sensory organs sense a spider (whether through sight, hearing, touch, etc...) and sends a message to your brain. Your unconsciousness (which is presumably the reason for your fear, although some fears are due to conscious memories and experiences) automatically contacts the hypothalamus to start making adrenaline to put you in the "fight or flight" mode of survival.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:37:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 3:05:43 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Also, the chemicals that get released in your brain are effected by your mind set. Your thoughts effect this drastically.

Situation (A tiger)-->Expereience on situation (Seeing the tiger)-->Chemical Release--> Fear
(Fearing the tiger)
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 6:33:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 3:08:28 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 7/22/2011 2:20:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 7/22/2011 6:59:00 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/22/2011 2:41:57 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
You feel feer because of the chemical change in your brain.

Although adrenaline does stimulate glycolysis, and sugar is a form of energy. It doesn't increase the amount of energy in your body per say, since that would violate newton's law, but it allows you to access stored chemical energy in your body.

Question 1: How can I feel fear if the very thing you say causes it (adrenaline), can't react in body until I produce it first?
There is a difference in fearing something and feeling fear. The moment in which you experience fear is caused by adrenaline, but having fears is a different thing altogether.

Statement: Do you know why something is called a chemical reaction? Because it is your body "reacting" to your spiritual emotions. Something can't react until something else acts first. Cause and effect. The cause is emotion, the effect is the chemical reaction in the body.

Emotions are also caused by chemicals. Ever heard of women's "time of the month".

Question: Why would my body just send out adrenaline for no reason? Do you think the chemicals cause the emotion? How could this be so, for the chemicals come after the emotion starts. It is a reaction to the emotion itself.

Okay, so let's say you're scared of spiders. Your sensory organs sense a spider (whether through sight, hearing, touch, etc...) and sends a message to your brain. Your unconsciousness (which is presumably the reason for your fear, although some fears are due to conscious memories and experiences) automatically contacts the hypothalamus to start making adrenaline to put you in the "fight or flight" mode of survival.

Reply: Yes, but the fear/negative energy itself does not come from the chemicals. The fear itself comes from a belief that you have. The fear causes an emotional vibration and the emotional vibration causes the physical behavior (chemical reaction) when it is focused on. The presence of something that is connected to your fear, snaps your focus on this emotion caused by your belief, causing behavior (chemical reaction) that you experience physically. This works the same way for excitement/joy/love/positive energy.

Question: You follow me?

Statement: Your physical body also has processes by which it functions. These processes can cause you to experience different degrees of the experience explained above. This would include a woman's time of the month, which is governed by many physical processes. A woman can gain control over this experience if she so chooses, by becoming aware of it.

Question: Do you follow?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 8:03:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 6:33:32 PM, Tiel wrote:
Reply: Yes, but the fear/negative energy itself does not come from the chemicals. The fear itself comes from a belief that you have. The fear causes an emotional vibration and the emotional vibration causes the physical behavior (chemical reaction) when it is focused on. The presence of something that is connected to your fear, snaps your focus on this emotion caused by your belief, causing behavior (chemical reaction) that you experience physically. This works the same way for excitement/joy/love/positive energy.

and if the belief is somehow dependent on the physical/chemical state of the brain, which it must be unless you are prepared to defend dualism, then the fear does come from the chemicals. furthermore, oftentimes you can be afraid of something before you've had the chance to even consciously recognize what it is. so fear isn't always the result of conscious belief.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 8:37:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 8:03:19 PM, belle wrote:
At 7/22/2011 6:33:32 PM, Tiel wrote:
Reply: Yes, but the fear/negative energy itself does not come from the chemicals. The fear itself comes from a belief that you have. The fear causes an emotional vibration and the emotional vibration causes the physical behavior (chemical reaction) when it is focused on. The presence of something that is connected to your fear, snaps your focus on this emotion caused by your belief, causing behavior (chemical reaction) that you experience physically. This works the same way for excitement/joy/love/positive energy.

and if the belief is somehow dependent on the physical/chemical state of the brain, which it must be unless you are prepared to defend dualism, then the fear does come from the chemicals. furthermore, oftentimes you can be afraid of something before you've had the chance to even consciously recognize what it is. so fear isn't always the result of conscious belief.

Reply: You would have to prove that the belief comes from a chemical state in the brain. In order to do this, you would have to prove that consciousness is only a state of chemical reactions as well.

Question: Why do you think they call it a chemical reaction? What is it reacting to? If you say that it is a human's reaction to an environment, then where does the reaction come from when the environment is not stimulating the reaction? Sit in an empty white sound proof room and think. Where is the creation energy coming from? Keep asking yourself where everything comes from one step at a time until you reach the point of understanding a creator energy.

The One is all and the all is one. Your physical personality that you may think of as who you are, is three things. Your beliefs/definitions - your emotions/feelings - your behavior (actions/reactions). Your physicality reacts to your conscious spirit. Your conscious spirit is a creator. Your beliefs are created by you, the spiritual being that is you.

We are not physical beings that experience spirituality, we are spiritual being experiencing physicality.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 8:58:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 3:00:51 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Am I the only one who is thinking something sexual?

LOL, nope, first thing that popped into my head.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord