Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

God is pure power, limitless in all ways.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:04:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am posting this topic in philosophy because it isn't a religious subject matter. It isn't since this thread will encourage us to discuss the sheer power of God. Although the most powerful thing about God is His love, I would rather save this thread for the topic of the pure power of God Him self.

First off, many of you (typically atheistic in nature) reason or perhaps better said, conclude that it is unreasonable to suggest that God exists. As many of you know, I believe that God exists. And whether you believe in God or not, doesn't change the fact of whether He does or not - or in other words, if you do not believe in God, God still exists. And if God does not exist, yet I believe that God does exist, who cares? However if God does exist and you do not believe in God, then God would care, right?

"This character of mine is very powerful, like Superman, but far more powerful, since my character is stronger and faster." - However characters like Superman, aren't all powerful, this is due to their limitations. But mainly the reason that such characters like Superman aren't all powerful is because they don't exist. I understand that Superman was created as a piece of fiction in an imaginary world that mingles it's self with extracts from the factual world. The question I am begging here is a simple one - must such characters like Superman exist? The answer is no. But if you imply the same question to God, you will find that the answer isn't so easy, that's if you can think well theologically. I say that because God and some reasonably powerful being in comparison to humans, are infinitely different in every way. That way being one, but a significant one.

The fact that God has no limitations and Superman has all limitations. Can such a characters comic super hero's do super human stunts and acts, of course. But can comic super hero's do all things within a self conclusive existence? No, such isn't possible for comic super hero's. Since they are still restricted by the same laws of this universe as everything else.

Whereas God, has absolutely no restrictions, for example; God could completely re-create the very fabric of the universe to any degree. In that, we cannot begin to think of what such a universe must be like, due to our human nature of not being able to think up brand new concepts that resemble nothing sensible.

I would therefore argue that God certainly does exist. God must simply because God is limitless in all things. By definition, you could say, God exists in reality, whatever the reality maybe. If God was limited, then it is possible that God does not exist. Saying that if God exists, He is limitless, makes no sense at all. It doesn't make sense because it contradicts the fact that God is limitless. Limitless by existing would be one limitation down, if God did not exist, then He would have that limit of no being able to exist. In other words, God does not fit the role of being a fictional character, by definition it is an impossibility.

I want to make this clear. In the mind of an atheist, agnostic etc, God as a concept does not exist based on belief or on a wanting. In that, the world view of an atheist is only a notion, an idea that does exist in the mind. But the idea being truthful in accordance to reality does not exist - since atheism is based on a thought of what is seen, not known. Just like atheism, theism is also based on an idea of what could be real. However unlike atheism, theism is closer to the mark. This is due to the fact that theism believes in the fundamental part, an existence of a being, which is still infinitely off the target, but at least theists aim towards the target instead of failing twice like the view of the atheist - off target and facing the opposite way from the target. Get the analogy?

In short, the theist can only get his or her head around the notion that God is God, that being the only absolute certainty, and everything else must be trusted and studied about God. Like; is God just and loving? And such questions shape and mould this unknown but existing God into the God of Christianity, or other beliefs that include their own version of God. But one thing is for certain, a God does exist due to the simple fact that if someone is all powerful and without limits, it cannot be a product of fiction
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:29:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Even if we were to say "that which is limitless Must exist"

this doesn't prove "god" exists.

God being conscious, benevolent and the like...

instead something can be unlimited and yet not be conscious or benevolent...

The universe Encompasses all things..
it encompasses all consciousnesses (though there's no reason to say it, as a whole, is conscious)...

it is not checked/limited by anything.. it is all things.

now you initially said "limitless in all ways"... And I would imagine you might say "if the universe isn't conscious, then it's not Unlimitedly Conscious!"

but that's to make "unlimited" a Positive aspect rather than the Negative UN-limited that the word actually implies..
And in fact implicitly relies on the assumption that "consciousness" is some kind of Stand-alone substance of it's own which is an assumption that is without merit.

Given how injuries to the brain affect consciousness.. It would seem that consciousness is ultimately a Physical phenomena... and so making some kind appeal to Unlimitedly Conscious as though Consciousness is some kind of Ideal floaty, separate, thing and which "unlimitedly conscious" would be like "most perfectly Embodying Pure, Unsullied, consciousness" a Silly way of talking...

and anyways, even if the universe isn't conscious as a whole that in no way means it's Limited... it just doesn't happen to be conscious.

also.. benevolence has just as much to do with being unlimited as does being Malicious... that is, it has nothing to do with it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 4:21:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 12:04:25 AM, GodSands wrote:
I am posting this topic in philosophy because it isn't a religious subject matter. It isn't since this thread will encourage us to discuss the sheer power of God. Although the most powerful thing about God is His love, I would rather save this thread for the topic of the pure power of God Him self.

First off, many of you (typically atheistic in nature) reason or perhaps better said, conclude that it is unreasonable to suggest that God exists. As many of you know, I believe that God exists. And whether you believe in God or not, doesn't change the fact of whether He does or not - or in other words, if you do not believe in God, God still exists. And if God does not exist, yet I believe that God does exist, who cares? However if God does exist and you do not believe in God, then God would care, right?

How do you know that God exists?
How does it follow that God cares about whether or not we believe in him?

Why do I bother asking you questions?


"This character of mine is very powerful, like Superman, but far more powerful, since my character is stronger and faster." - However characters like Superman, aren't all powerful, this is due to their limitations. But mainly the reason that such characters like Superman aren't all powerful is because they don't exist. I understand that Superman was created as a piece of fiction in an imaginary world that mingles it's self with extracts from the factual world. The question I am begging here is a simple one - must such characters like Superman exist? The answer is no. But if you imply the same question to God, you will find that the answer isn't so easy, that's if you can think well theologically. I say that because God and some reasonably powerful being in comparison to humans, are infinitely different in every way. That way being one, but a significant one.


How can you say so much and yet say nothing at all?

The fact that God has no limitations and Superman has all limitations. Can such a characters comic super hero's do super human stunts and acts, of course. But can comic super hero's do all things within a self conclusive existence? No, such isn't possible for comic super hero's. Since they are still restricted by the same laws of this universe as everything else.

Whereas God, has absolutely no restrictions, for example; God could completely re-create the very fabric of the universe to any degree. In that, we cannot begin to think of what such a universe must be like, due to our human nature of not being able to think up brand new concepts that resemble nothing sensible.

I would therefore argue that God certainly does exist. God must simply because God is limitless in all things. By definition, you could say, God exists in reality, whatever the reality maybe. If God was limited, then it is possible that God does not exist. Saying that if God exists, He is limitless, makes no sense at all. It doesn't make sense because it contradicts the fact that God is limitless. Limitless by existing would be one limitation down, if God did not exist, then He would have that limit of no being able to exist. In other words, God does not fit the role of being a fictional character, by definition it is an impossibility.


Holy mother...

I want to make this clear. In the mind of an atheist, agnostic etc, God as a concept does not exist based on belief or on a wanting. In that, the world view of an atheist is only a notion, an idea that does exist in the mind. But the idea being truthful in accordance to reality does not exist - since atheism is based on a thought of what is seen, not known. Just like atheism, theism is also based on an idea of what could be real. However unlike atheism, theism is closer to the mark. This is due to the fact that theism believes in the fundamental part, an existence of a being, which is still infinitely off the target, but at least theists aim towards the target instead of failing twice like the view of the atheist - off target and facing the opposite way from the target. Get the analogy?

In short, the theist can only get his or her head around the notion that God is God, that being the only absolute certainty, and everything else must be trusted and studied about God. Like; is God just and loving? And such questions shape and mould this unknown but existing God into the God of Christianity, or other beliefs that include their own version of God. But one thing is for certain, a God does exist due to the simple fact that if someone is all powerful and without limits, it cannot be a product of fiction

Why are you here?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:26:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I can't believe I just read a rambling wall of text that didn't say anything at all.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:12:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How do you know that God exists?
How does it follow that God cares about whether or not we believe in him?

Why do I bother asking you questions?


I have just explain how I can know, or how anyone can know.

God is all knowing for starters, whether or not He would care is another question. But God created the universe, and life etc, but I can only believe that God cares, I cannot know otherwise.

I don't know why you bother? Also, why is anyone here? Answer that.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 3:16:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 1:12:43 PM, GodSands wrote:
How do you know that God exists?
How does it follow that God cares about whether or not we believe in him?

Why do I bother asking you questions?


I have just explain how I can know, or how anyone can know.

No actually you haven't.


God is all knowing for starters, whether or not He would care is another question. But God created the universe, and life etc, but I can only believe that God cares, I cannot know otherwise.

So you just believe what pleases you?


I don't know why you bother? Also, why is anyone here? Answer that.

It just seems you should be spending more time with crayons.

Sorry that was mean.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:32:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.

I'm totally using the limitless fart as a concept in my cul- I mean religious movement.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 7:26:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

ITS LIMITLESS. IT CANT BE LIMITED BY DEFINITIONS.

Oh, btw, there is nothing in the definition of fart about finiteness.

Of course, definitions are inherently limits-- but that just means the limitless fart is beyond definition by your reasoning, rather than the notion than an out-of-context "limitless" is impossible. After all, you've defined God, so he can't be limitless.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
cabio
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 7:24:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.
When speaking of a limitless God, it is spoken of being as such no matter "what reality may be." I can conceive of a universe in which there are not beings that can create a fart. Therefore, since a reality can be conceived of which cannot have the possibility of such fart, the comparison does not work. An ultimately great god can be conceived of in any reality since by definition he is not physical so does not rely on how reality is.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 7:28:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/9/2011 7:24:40 AM, cabio wrote:
At 8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.
When speaking of a limitless God, it is spoken of being as such no matter "what reality may be." I can conceive of a universe in which there are not beings that can create a fart. Therefore, since a reality can be conceived of which cannot have the possibility of such fart, the comparison does not work. An ultimately great god can be conceived of in any reality since by definition he is not physical so does not rely on how reality is.

Heavens above you are stupid.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 8:18:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 12:04:25 AM, GodSands wrote:
I am posting this topic in philosophy because it isn't a religious subject matter. It isn't since this thread will encourage us to discuss the sheer power of God. Although the most powerful thing about God is His love, I would rather save this thread for the topic of the pure power of God Him self.

How do you know that God is truly powerful, and that his power is pure?
How do you know that Love is one of the attributes of God?
How do you know that God's power is sheer and ultimate, 'limitless in all ways'?

What source/authoritative foundation has established all of this beyond a reasonable doubt?

First off, many of you (typically atheistic in nature) reason or perhaps better said, conclude that it is unreasonable to suggest that God exists. As many of you know, I believe that God exists. And whether you believe in God or not, doesn't change the fact of whether He does or not - or in other words, if you do not believe in God, God still exists. And if God does not exist, yet I believe that God does exist, who cares? However if God does exist and you do not believe in God, then God would care, right?
Shakespeare once wrote,
...brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes

"This character of mine is very powerful, like Superman, but far more powerful, since my character is stronger and faster." - However characters like Superman, aren't all powerful, this is due to their limitations. But mainly the reason that such characters like Superman aren't all powerful is because they don't exist. I understand that Superman was created as a piece of fiction in an imaginary world that mingles it's self with extracts from the factual world. The question I am begging here is a simple one - must such characters like Superman exist? The answer is no. But if you imply the same question to God, you will find that the answer isn't so easy, that's if you can think well theologically. I say that because God and some reasonably powerful being in comparison to humans, are infinitely different in every way. That way being one, but a significant one.

The fact that God has no limitations and Superman has all limitations. Can such a characters comic super hero's do super human stunts and acts, of course. But can comic super hero's do all things within a self conclusive existence? No, such isn't possible for comic super hero's. Since they are still restricted by the same laws of this universe as everything else.

Whereas God, has absolutely no restrictions, for example; God could completely re-create the very fabric of the universe to any degree. In that, we cannot begin to think of what such a universe must be like, due to our human nature of not being able to think up brand new concepts that resemble nothing sensible.

I would therefore argue that God certainly does exist. God must simply because God is limitless in all things. By definition, you could say, God exists in reality, whatever the reality maybe. If God was limited, then it is possible that God does not exist. Saying that if God exists, He is limitless, makes no sense at all. It doesn't make sense because it contradicts the fact that God is limitless. Limitless by existing would be one limitation down, if God did not exist, then He would have that limit of no being able to exist. In other words, God does not fit the role of being a fictional character, by definition it is an impossibility.

I want to make this clear. In the mind of an atheist, agnostic etc, God as a concept does not exist based on belief or on a wanting. In that, the world view of an atheist is only a notion, an idea that does exist in the mind. But the idea being truthful in accordance to reality does not exist - since atheism is based on a thought of what is seen, not known. Just like atheism, theism is also based on an idea of what could be real. However unlike atheism, theism is closer to the mark. This is due to the fact that theism believes in the fundamental part, an existence of a being, which is still infinitely off the target, but at least theists aim towards the target instead of failing twice like the view of the atheist - off target and facing the opposite way from the target. Get the analogy?

In short, the theist can only get his or her head around the notion that God is God, that being the only absolute certainty, and everything else must be trusted and studied about God. Like; is God just and loving? And such questions shape and mould this unknown but existing God into the God of Christianity, or other beliefs that include their own version of God. But one thing is for certain, a God does exist due to the simple fact that if someone is all powerful and without limits, it cannot be a product of fiction

How would limited/ultimate power be pertinent to a discussion about the existence of God? Wouldn't that presuppose that God is by concept an omnipotent being and that any sign of his limited power indicates that he is not so, and therefore false?

By the way, I do wish you listened to Shakespeare. I do not intend to be mean, but the text of wall is a perfect example of rambling, bad English. A mere few sentences could be suffice to express what you just wrote. How would you like it if I wrote a five paragraph reply to you that, in spite of all its words and phrases, can be summed up in a couple of words?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 12:51:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 12:04:25 AM, GodSands wrote:
I am posting this topic in philosophy because it isn't a religious subject matter. It isn't since this thread will encourage us to discuss the sheer power of God. Although the most powerful thing about God is His love, I would rather save this thread for the topic of the pure power of God Him self.

First off, many of you (typically atheistic in nature) reason or perhaps better said, conclude that it is unreasonable to suggest that God exists. As many of you know, I believe that God exists. And whether you believe in God or not, doesn't change the fact of whether He does or not - or in other words, if you do not believe in God, God still exists. And if God does not exist, yet I believe that God does exist, who cares? However if God does exist and you do not believe in God, then God would care, right?

"This character of mine is very powerful, like Superman, but far more powerful, since my character is stronger and faster." - However characters like Superman, aren't all powerful, this is due to their limitations. But mainly the reason that such characters like Superman aren't all powerful is because they don't exist. I understand that Superman was created as a piece of fiction in an imaginary world that mingles it's self with extracts from the factual world. The question I am begging here is a simple one - must such characters like Superman exist? The answer is no. But if you imply the same question to God, you will find that the answer isn't so easy, that's if you can think well theologically. I say that because God and some reasonably powerful being in comparison to humans, are infinitely different in every way. That way being one, but a significant one.

The fact that God has no limitations and Superman has all limitations. Can such a characters comic super hero's do super human stunts and acts, of course. But can comic super hero's do all things within a self conclusive existence? No, such isn't possible for comic super hero's. Since they are still restricted by the same laws of this universe as everything else.

Whereas God, has absolutely no restrictions, for example; God could completely re-create the very fabric of the universe to any degree. In that, we cannot begin to think of what such a universe must be like, due to our human nature of not being able to think up brand new concepts that resemble nothing sensible.

I would therefore argue that God certainly does exist. God must simply because God is limitless in all things. By definition, you could say, God exists in reality, whatever the reality maybe. If God was limited, then it is possible that God does not exist. Saying that if God exists, He is limitless, makes no sense at all. It doesn't make sense because it contradicts the fact that God is limitless. Limitless by existing would be one limitation down, if God did not exist, then He would have that limit of no being able to exist. In other words, God does not fit the role of being a fictional character, by definition it is an impossibility.

I want to make this clear. In the mind of an atheist, agnostic etc, God as a concept does not exist based on belief or on a wanting. In that, the world view of an atheist is only a notion, an idea that does exist in the mind. But the idea being truthful in accordance to reality does not exist - since atheism is based on a thought of what is seen, not known. Just like atheism, theism is also based on an idea of what could be real. However unlike atheism, theism is closer to the mark. This is due to the fact that theism believes in the fundamental part, an existence of a being, which is still infinitely off the target, but at least theists aim towards the target instead of failing twice like the view of the atheist - off target and facing the opposite way from the target. Get the analogy?

In short, the theist can only get his or her head around the notion that God is God, that being the only absolute certainty, and everything else must be trusted and studied about God. Like; is God just and loving? And such questions shape and mould this unknown but existing God into the God of Christianity, or other beliefs that include their own version of God. But one thing is for certain, a God does exist due to the simple fact that if someone is all powerful and without limits, it cannot be a product of fiction

If you haven't noticed, the reason most religious people don't bring religion up in philosophy is that for once, you have justify your assumptions.

Don't come into a philosophy room and expected people to take every premise of yours without any sort of question. That's for the religion room.

If you are unable to account for the questions these people have asked, stick with the Religion threads.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 8:11:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 12:04:25 AM, GodSands wrote:
I am posting this topic in philosophy because it isn't a religious subject matter. It isn't since this thread will encourage us to discuss the sheer power of God. Although the most powerful thing about God is His love, I would rather save this thread for the topic of the pure power of God Him self.

First off, many of you (typically atheistic in nature) reason or perhaps better said, conclude that it is unreasonable to suggest that God exists. As many of you know, I believe that God exists. And whether you believe in God or not, doesn't change the fact of whether He does or not - or in other words, if you do not believe in God, God still exists. And if God does not exist, yet I believe that God does exist, who cares? However if God does exist and you do not believe in God, then God would care, right?

Why would God have to care?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 8:42:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/9/2011 7:24:40 AM, cabio wrote:
At 8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.
When speaking of a limitless God, it is spoken of being as such no matter "what reality may be." I can conceive of a universe in which there are not beings that can create a fart. Therefore, since a reality can be conceived of which cannot have the possibility of such fart, the comparison does not work. An ultimately great god can be conceived of in any reality since by definition he is not physical so does not rely on how reality is.

Can you conceive of a god being in a reality that lacks a god?

Also, the limitless fart is not physical-- so it must not rely on how reality is by your argument!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
cabio
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 8:51:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/10/2011 8:42:59 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/9/2011 7:24:40 AM, cabio wrote:
At 8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.
When speaking of a limitless God, it is spoken of being as such no matter "what reality may be." I can conceive of a universe in which there are not beings that can create a fart. Therefore, since a reality can be conceived of which cannot have the possibility of such fart, the comparison does not work. An ultimately great god can be conceived of in any reality since by definition he is not physical so does not rely on how reality is.

Can you conceive of a god being in a reality that lacks a god?
I cannot conceive a reality which a god could not exist. Even a reality in which there is nothing physical a nonphysical god such as the Christian god could exist. So no.

Also, the limitless fart is not physical-- so it must not rely on how reality is by your argument!
The very nature of a fart entails physical properties. Even limitless, in order for it to be a fart, must have physical elements such as gas. If it did not have gas, it would not be a fart. I conceive of a world that is not physical or of a physical world without any creatures to create the fart.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 9:22:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/10/2011 8:51:36 PM, cabio wrote:
At 8/10/2011 8:42:59 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/9/2011 7:24:40 AM, cabio wrote:
At 8/8/2011 3:18:16 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/8/2011 1:15:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/8/2011 10:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The limitless fart is limitless. Hence it exists. You smell it right now!

A fart cannot be limitless by it's very definition, it is a finite sound or/and smell that is governed by osmosis.

It's a limitless fart. In co-exists in all time and space. Everyone, everything thing in the past, present and future has, is or will smell it.
When speaking of a limitless God, it is spoken of being as such no matter "what reality may be." I can conceive of a universe in which there are not beings that can create a fart. Therefore, since a reality can be conceived of which cannot have the possibility of such fart, the comparison does not work. An ultimately great god can be conceived of in any reality since by definition he is not physical so does not rely on how reality is.

Can you conceive of a god being in a reality that lacks a god?
I cannot conceive a reality which a god could not exist. Even a reality in which there is nothing physical a nonphysical god such as the Christian god could exist.
What about a reality in which nothing nonphysical existed?

Also, the limitless fart is not physical-- so it must not rely on how reality is by your argument!
The very nature of a fart entails physical properties.
The very nature of limitlessness entails having no nature.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.