Jump to topic:

Knowledge is more powerful than money ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:37:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Do you agree ? Some may not think that this is the case at all.
Money is more powerful than knowledge for some, but it takes knowledge to make money. What do you think ?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:38:40 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:37:19 PM, inferno wrote:
Money is more powerful than knowledge for some, but it takes knowledge to make money. What do you think ?

For you Inferno, knowledge would be more powerful since it would help you to stop trolling in the forums or creating useless, abitrary threads...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:46:29 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:38:40 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

For you Inferno, knowledge would be more powerful since it would help you to stop trolling in the forums or creating useless, abitrary threads...

Useless ? Well perhaps you have underestimated me even after everything
that you have seen. You are nothing more than an obsessive fool.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:47:42 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:46:29 PM, inferno wrote:

Delusions of power are not evidence of 'intelligence' or greatness, Inferno.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:55:27 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:47:42 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Not delusions. Just reality my friend. You do not seem to understand what the secret is. Perhaps someone needs to teach you.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 12:56:26 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:55:27 PM, inferno wrote:

Not delusions. Just reality my friend. You do not seem to understand what the secret is. Perhaps someone needs to teach you.

You have been mixing alcohol with drugs to construct such silly sentences! Shame on you!

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:00:15 PM
I'm beginning to think you guys enjoy arguing. Anyway,I'll give you a hypothetical situation.

Lets say one is a billionaire and can buy and own anything he wanted...yet was so stupid and incompetent that he wasted it all on a 1 billion dollar box of crayons.

Lets say money no longer has value and all governments are dissolved in a spontaneous, global, and unilateral concession of all countries in the world. All people are left to fend for themselves. The smart ones would quickly learn how to sustain themselves, form a government, and become a power in their own new countries. The dumb ones will waste away.

Knowledge is power, wisdom is coercive power. Money means nothing ultimately.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:01:03 PM
At 8/8/2011 12:56:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

You have been mixing alcohol with drugs to construct such silly sentences! Shame on you!

Man Is Good. Oh are you dodging the responsibility of your own logic once again through self deprecating and incompetent humor ? I think that you get my point sir.
Please do not try to measure my greatness here through ridicule of the Inferno.
You will be left wondering how did he ever do it , and then some.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:02:59 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:00:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm beginning to think you guys enjoy arguing. Anyway,I'll give you a hypothetical situation.

Lets say one is a billionaire and can buy and own anything he wanted...yet was so stupid and incompetent that he wasted it all on a 1 billion dollar box of crayons.

Lets say money no longer has value and all governments are dissolved in a spontaneous, global, and unilateral concession of all countries in the world. All people are left to fend for themselves. The smart ones would quickly learn how to sustain themselves, form a government, and become a power in their own new countries. The dumb ones will waste away.

But money is an object that has influence. People react to this thing when it is seen. It may be power on a more non coercive level. But the impact is profound if anything.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:06:13 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:01:03 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/8/2011 12:56:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Man Is Good. Oh are you dodging the responsibility of your own logic once again through self deprecating and incompetent humor ?
Self deprecating? I was referring to you! As for the term 'incompetent humor', I suggest you to read a book on humor to see how incompetent I am in making jokes and innuendo (yes, I am dissing myself....)

I think that you get my point sir.
What point?
Please do not try to measure my greatness here through ridicule of the Inferno.
You will be left wondering how did he ever do it , and then some.
Did what? Trolling? I am awed by the capacity of the man behind Inferno to put up with his charade...

Puppet911
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:07:39 PM
Sure...I suppose it takes knowledge to make money, but with power comes great responsibility...and with money, comes great knowledge.

You need to BE smart (or have knowledge) of certain aspects that having money includes...like how much of it too spend, what too spend it on...how much should I conserve, blah-blah-blah.

It can actually go both ways.
Toe-Fun-Guy
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:08:09 PM
what people react to is not the money itself but what that money can do for them. Money can buy you whatever you want. Knowledge presides money. You use knowledge to gain more money, therefore knowledge is superior. That is similar to the brain and the body, the brain CONTROLS the body so the brain is superior, hence being smart is more beneficial than being physically built.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Puppet911
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:11:20 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:08:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
what people react to is not the money itself but what that money can do for them. Money can buy you whatever you want. Knowledge presides money. You use knowledge to gain more money, therefore knowledge is superior. That is similar to the brain and the body, the brain CONTROLS the body so the brain is superior, hence being smart is more beneficial than being physically built.

That's totally true. Even if you didn't use knowledge to gain the money, spening it and losing all of it would show no sign of 'knowledge,' therefor knowledge would suppress in this case.
Toe-Fun-Guy
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:12:49 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:08:09 PM, 000ike wrote:

Excellent point my friend.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:18:25 PM
Knowledge has commercial value, so it's almost a false dictotomy. Wealth is cash, confidence and application.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 1:31:13 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:18:25 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Knowledge has commercial value, so it's almost a false dictotomy. Wealth is cash, confidence and application.

Ooooh interesting point of view Cerebal. You are always adding depth to a conversation. You know, Im starting to like you after all.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 2:48:17 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:31:13 PM, inferno wrote:

Ooooh interesting point of view Cerebal. You are always adding depth to a conversation. You know, Im starting to like you after all.

Oh poo.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 4:11:49 PM
I'd like to settle this.

Time = Money
Knowledge = time and learning
If learning is not equal to zero and knowledge is more than zero then:

Knowledge > Money
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 4:22:07 PM
Things can't get done with knowledge and without money. Nothing can get done with money and without knowledge.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:21:59 PM
At 8/8/2011 2:48:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Oh poo.:

LOL
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:28:44 PM
At 8/8/2011 5:21:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/8/2011 2:48:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Oh poo.:

LOL

Yeah. I didnt expect you to say anything intelligent here. Next.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 8:36:31 PM

Reply: I think that you contradict yourself based on what you have told me in the past.

If God didn't want you to eat the from the tree of knowledge, then why would you feel it justified to learn anything?

In the eyes of your God, why would you feel it justified to gain any knowledge at all?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 8:32:36 AM
At 8/8/2011 8:36:31 PM, Tiel wrote:

Reply: I think that you contradict yourself based on what you have told me in the past.

If God didn't want you to eat the from the tree of knowledge, then why would you feel it justified to learn anything?

In the eyes of your God, why would you feel it justified to gain any knowledge at all?

Tiel. No. You are the one contradicting themselves here. I never said anything about eating from the tree of knowledge, or any other mumbo jumbo that you spwewed here today. I think that knowledge is more powerful than money.
And that is my business. Next.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 6:42:56 PM
At 8/9/2011 8:32:36 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/8/2011 8:36:31 PM, Tiel wrote:

Tiel. No. You are the one contradicting themselves here. I never said anything about eating from the tree of knowledge, or any other mumbo jumbo that you spwewed here today. I think that knowledge is more powerful than money.
And that is my business. Next.

Reply: So you feel it justified and right in the eyes of God to acquire knowledge? If so, why? It clearly shows in the bible that Eve was punished for the desire of knowledge. So my question you is why would your God create humans to desire such things, and then punish us for it? It would seem to be God's fault. It would seem that God made a mistake when creating humans or your Bible wouldn't say that we are all sinners. You might say that we aren't made that way and that Eve did it to us. But Eve was also made by God. So any sinful nature that was in Adam or Eve was put there by God.

Given this insight.... Either your God is the true creator, but the creator is flawed... Your God is not the true God, but a powerful being none-the-less... Or your God is not a God at all, but just a character in a book.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 7:55:36 PM
I would say they are equal.
To get money you need some knowledge.
To get knowledge you need some money.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
ryan_thomas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:37:58 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:00:15 PM, 000ike wrote:

This!
All Hail Lord Ryan!
smurfingpuertorrican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 11:37:06 PM
If people think of a smart person with barely money and a "not so smart paerosn" with a lot of money then it is a really easy question to analyze. Money comes but mostly goes, on the contrary of knowledge that it stays. The smart person will be able to adapt to being poor and survive while the other person would keep losing money.
hotdog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 7:23:28 AM

Knowledge is definitely more powerful than money. All money can do is buy stuff. Big deal. Someone once asked Aristotle Onassis what the secret to making money was and he said - knowing something other people don't.