Jump to topic:

Rules

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:26:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You ever notice how people who subscribe to "moral relativism" are the first to give you crap about not following debate "rules"
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:29:03 PM
At 8/14/2011 4:26:53 PM, sadolite wrote:
You ever notice how people who subscribe to "moral relativism" are the first to give you crap about not following debate "rules"

And your point would be?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:29:30 PM
What does a violation of moral relativism have to do with the established rules of a debate?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:34:21 PM
At 8/14/2011 4:26:53 PM, sadolite wrote:

I'm a 'relativist' but I insist on how I would have things..
(and don't you even suggest this is inconsistent b/c it's not and if you'd suggest it is you're just proving yourself a dummy :P)

also... I'm a relativist... and I hate "rules" of many stripes... and wouldn't care much at all for "debate rules"
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:18:29 PM
what a useless thread.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 9:25:47 PM
At 8/14/2011 9:18:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
what a useless thread.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 5:08:58 AM
At 8/14/2011 4:29:30 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
What does a violation of moral relativism have to do with the established rules of a debate?

How is it a violation of moral relativism?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.