Jump to topic:

why is the holocaust immoral?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:02:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cerebral Narcissist and Thett are having a hard time grasping this. I don't feel like going into a long explanation, but without using god would anybody want to explain this to them.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:03:42 AM
At 9/10/2011 11:02:07 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Cerebral Narcissist and Thett are having a hard time grasping this. I don't feel like going into a long explanation, but without using god would anybody want to explain this to them.

Why are you assigning false opinions to me to avoid the most basic of philosphical questions?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:04:49 AM
This is sad, Izbo. Thett3 was asking you where you had the authority to assume what is right or wrong and you equate it to being equal to saying, 'The Holocaust is immoral'.

What a pity indeed, I must say.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:05:37 AM
I dunno--how can we know anything is moral? OR immoral for that matter?

You just can't grasp this concept, can you?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:06:23 AM
Can;t wait to here him say the holocaust was not morally wrong. This ought to be great.

It was not morally wrong because morals don't exist, there are no objective moral facts. To speak of morality is an argument from emotion and an argument from popularity.

This is cerebral's post so he is now lying.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:07:03 AM
My statement was, the holocaust could not be OBJECTIVELY morally wrong because there is no such thing as objective morality, no objective moral facts.

Unfortunately Izbo still does not understand what objective means, despite claiming to hold to moral objectivism.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:07:58 AM
At 9/10/2011 11:06:23 AM, izbo10 wrote:
Can;t wait to here him say the holocaust was not morally wrong. This ought to be great.

It was not morally wrong because morals don't exist, there are no objective moral facts. To speak of morality is an argument from emotion and an argument from popularity.

You're right. I'll be the brave one to say that, in an objective, universal sense, the holocaust was not immoral. But it also was not moral either.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:08:04 AM
I'm sure there would be people like Tiel to defend Izbo10 and claim that we cannot question his moral presupposition...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:08:32 AM

Which vindicates me. How do you excuse your dishonesty?
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:13:17 AM
You can tell he doesn't like the conclusions from his position he is trying to defend. When called out on another board he is backing down like a bitch. Again say the holocaust was not immoral. Please be honest.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:14:46 AM
At 9/10/2011 11:13:17 AM, izbo10 wrote:
You can tell he doesn't like the conclusions from his position he is trying to defend. When called out on another board he is backing down like a bitch. Again say the holocaust was not immoral. Please be honest.

From an OBJECTIVE standpoint, the holocaust was not, in fact, moral or immoral.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 11:20:09 AM
At 9/10/2011 11:13:17 AM, izbo10 wrote:

The holocaust was not objectively moral nor immoral because there is no such as objective moral facts.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 12:00:18 PM
Can;t wait to here him say the holocaust was not morally wrong. This ought to be great.:

Most people believe the holocaust was morally wrong. Where you go horribly awry, is not understanding that it's ultimately an opinion.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 3:38:32 PM
The holocaust isn't immoral objectively, a certain position of morality is only a matter of individual perception.

Immoral = Negative perception
Moral - Positive perception
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 4:42:51 PM
The holocaust was immoral in our eyes, but not to WWII Germans, because society determines what is morally correct.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 2:00:15 AM
Hmm... this thread did not turn out quite the way you had hoped did it?