Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Deja Vu

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:38:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is it, how does it happen? It seems to defy logic. Is it an illusion, false memory?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:42:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
To my understanding it's when you see or experiance something exactly the same way as you did before.

I don't buy into superstition mumbo jumbo, but occasionally I experiance a random moment randomly throughout the day where I can swear, played out excactly as it did in some past dream, excactly as if it was a replay. But they are so insignificant that I don't recall them until it happens.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:44:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's a glitch in the matrix, maaaan.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:46:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:44:02 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
It's a glitch in the matrix, maaaan.

Black cat! It's Agent Smith!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:56:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:38:06 PM, 000ike wrote:
What is it, how does it happen? It seems to defy logic. Is it an illusion, false memory?

Bam. http://en.wikipedia.org...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:50:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
From my understanding, it is caused by storing a memory of an experience before consciously digesting what is happening.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:15:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:38:06 PM, 000ike wrote:
What is it, how does it happen? It seems to defy logic. Is it an illusion, false memory?

Deja Vu is just frence for "already seen."

I personally believe it is a function of the brain. Our brian loves to find patterns and part of finding patterns is recognizition of similar things. It might just be that you did something similar in the past, and your brain alters your memory of it to make it fit better with what you are currently experiencing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"