Jump to topic:

Laegal profession

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:01:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is time for the legal profession to be slammed with 2500 pages of regulation. They should have to get a permit and fill out all the necessary forms to talk to people. They should have to spell out in detail what it is they are going to say and have it reviewed by a bunch of policy wank bureaucrats with no knowledge of the legal system just like every other business has to do when they want to engage in some sort of commerce or business. It's time they had a taste of their own medicine.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:04:17 PM
Enlighten me. What is the laegal profession?....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:31:03 PM
At 9/26/2011 3:01:52 PM, sadolite wrote:
It is time for the legal profession to be slammed with 2500 pages of regulation. They should have to get a permit and fill out all the necessary forms to talk to people. They should have to spell out in detail what it is they are going to say and have it reviewed by a bunch of policy wank bureaucrats with no knowledge of the legal system just like every other business has to do when they want to engage in some sort of commerce or business. It's time they had a taste of their own medicine.

lol fail.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:49:00 PM

Go find a lawyer.

Ask them what type of paperwork goes into filing a simple amicus brief.

They have their own medicine pouring out their ears.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 3:51:46 PM
Obvious post stating what already is is obvious.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:32:41 PM
At 9/26/2011 3:04:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
Enlighten me. What is the laegal profession?....

Samntics, one minute of time I won't get back.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:47:39 PM
At 9/26/2011 3:49:00 PM, Wnope wrote:

Go find a lawyer.

"No court is obligated to follow or even to consider the advice of an "amicus breif" even if invited." This is another lawyer sticking his or her nose into someone else's business. They should triple the paper work for an "amicus breif" and charge a $24,000 filing fee for a permit to submit it.

It costs a farmer $24,000 to get a permit to shovel cow sh@t. Whats the difference between shoveling cow sh@t and a "amicus breif"

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:37:47 PM
At 9/27/2011 12:47:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/26/2011 3:49:00 PM, Wnope wrote:

Go find a lawyer.

"No court is obligated to follow or even to consider the advice of an "amicus breif" even if invited." This is another lawyer sticking his or her nose into someone else's business. They should triple the paper work for an "amicus breif" and charge a $24,000 filing fee for a permit to submit it.

It costs a farmer $24,000 to get a permit to shovel cow sh@t. Whats the difference between shoveling cow sh@t and a "amicus breif"

Other than the fact that cow sh!t can also be used as useful manure?

Not much.

And that's just the paperwork for useless stuff. Imagine actually having to file appeals.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 2:31:09 PM
Although, I see his point. The government bureaucrat in Washington doesn't mandate the filing requirements. For the most part it is other lawyers (judges) making up the rules other lawyers should follow.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 2:38:11 PM

What if they attempted to laegally challenge such policy wank bureaucrats?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 2:40:42 PM
At 9/27/2011 2:38:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

What if they attempted to laegally challenge such policy wank bureaucrats?

Well and good then. That's what the OP wants. More paperwork!
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.