Jump to topic:

Does this make sense.

GOD-vs-ITSELF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 7:18:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am having an issue with the explanation of how if god chose choice choice must be its own prerequisite, because if God could have chose against choice, the choice must have already existed. and making a mockery of the fact choice even exists because we would have a choice over it.

this can make sense but I think it may need a bit of work at the end, to tie it together, don't judge it too harsh before giving it a real read. It should be good with a group effort

Did God Choose Choice?

if yes. then choosing is choosing, if choosing is choosing choosing

and

if choice is choosing then what's chosen is what choosing is choosing to choose.

but

the chosen choosing is the choosing choice not the choosing choice of the choice chosen

so if no

choosing is choice even if not the choice of choosing choosing as the choice choosing choice,

then

Choosing what choosing choice chosen choice, choosing choosing as the chosen choosing choice, choosing the chosen choice of choosing as the chosen choice is choosing choosing, if choosing is choosing choosing
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 7:39:54 AM
At 9/29/2011 7:18:59 PM, GOD-vs-ITSELF wrote:
I am having an issue with the explanation of how if god chose choice choice must be its own prerequisite, because if God could have chose against choice, the choice must have already existed. and making a mockery of the fact choice even exists because we would have a choice over it.

this can make sense but I think it may need a bit of work at the end, to tie it together, don't judge it too harsh before giving it a real read. It should be good with a group effort

Did God Choose Choice?

and

if choice is choosing then what's chosen is what choosing is choosing to choose.

but

the chosen choosing is the choosing choice not the choosing choice of the choice chosen

so if no

choosing is choice even if not the choice of choosing choosing as the choice choosing choice,

then

Choosing what choosing choice chosen choice, choosing choosing as the chosen choosing choice, choosing the chosen choice of choosing as the chosen choice is choosing choosing, if choosing is choosing choosing

Lol you lost me. However, it does sound like a good tongue-twister.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 10:55:16 AM

Did God Choose Choice?

and

but

so if no

then

You know, I have to admit.... I never thought about anything like that before.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 9:26:06 PM
Nope. Doesn't make sense. It started to, but then you tried too hard
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 10:27:42 PM
By the end of reading it, the mind looses all sense of the meaning of "choosing"

So you're saying that if God chose to let us choose... ufck it I don't know.
Rob
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 11:42:23 PM
God having the ability to choose and making his creation with the ability to choose are two separate things. It's like asking if a computer programmer gave his program the ability to choose something. The programmer (God) always had the ability to choose, but the program (creation) was given the ability by God.
GOD-vs-ITSELF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 1:42:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2011 11:42:23 PM, Crede wrote:
God having the ability to choose and making his creation with the ability to choose are two separate things. It's like asking if a computer programmer gave his program the ability to choose something. The programmer (God) always had the ability to choose, but the program (creation) was given the ability by God.

If God always had choice, and he is able to give choice, then the choice to make choice or not in the first place must already exist, so choice cannot be chosen because it would already exist. It can be analogized by the grandfather paradox where if choice exists it must go back in time before its creation a lay groundwork for its creation.

what do you think?
If You Believe In Free Will, Then Don't Picture A Hippo For One Minute. Starting NOW
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 5:53:36 PM

Did God Choose Choice?

and

but

so if no

then

It would require that reality manifests from God conceiving it, rather than selecting it from a series of conceptions.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 12:35:17 AM
Can god kick his own azz?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL