Communism is Legalism

Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:51:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 8:26:34 PM, Mikeee wrote:
Does Communism and Legalism have the same ideals?

Usually

But if you look at Quin Dynasty China, it closely resembles communism.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:53:14 PM
At 10/4/2011 8:51:02 PM, Mikeee wrote:

Usually

Wha...are you answering your own questions?!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:54:09 PM
No, communism is a philosophy based around common ownership of the means of production, and the abolishment of class and wage labor and private property. And legalism is where people take the law really serious (http://dictionary.reference.com...).
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:56:27 PM
At 10/4/2011 8:53:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/4/2011 8:51:02 PM, Mikeee wrote:

Usually

Wha...are you answering your own questions?!

Yup. I think he is, Ninja.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:01:29 PM
At 10/4/2011 8:54:09 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
No, communism is a philosophy based around common ownership of the means of production, and the abolishment of class and wage labor and private property. And legalism is where people take the law really serious (http://dictionary.reference.com...).

Yes, that's the literal definition, but if you look at Qin dynasty, you see that slaves and people of every class worked on public works projects alongside each other, and that their where imperial monopolies on certain manufactured goods...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:05:27 PM
So to discuss the possibility of the resurgence of communism is to suggest that the previous generations that tried it were unenlightened and to feeble minded to make it work? This new generation is enlightened and can make it work because they are smarter than all people who ever lived before them?

What would be different. How would you snuff out individualism, motivation, ambition, people of faith, freedom of choice.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:06:30 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:01:29 PM, Mikeee wrote:

Yes, that's the literal definition, but if you look at Qin dynasty, you see that slaves and people of every class worked on public works projects alongside each other, and that their where imperial monopolies on certain manufactured goods...

That was a dictatorship or absolute monarchism. The Quin dynasty still had classes with better conditions the others, and they still had private property, and they were not a stateless society; not to mention the fact that they were not redristributing wealth. They are very different from eachother.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:17:27 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:06:30 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

That was a dictatorship or absolute monarchism. The Quin dynasty still had classes with better conditions the others, and they still had private property, and they were not a stateless society; not to mention the fact that they were not redristributing wealth. They are very different from eachother.

Because the Qin dynasty was to short, they never had to address it. After the Qin dynasty, the Han (later) collapsed because of failure to solve the issue of unequal land distribution.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:36:21 PM
I'd say out of the various political philosophies of china's past "legalism" that political philosophy espoused by Xunzi and his students Han Fei and Li Si.. has had the most influence on it's current government.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:52:44 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:17:27 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/4/2011 9:06:30 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Because the Qin dynasty was to short, they never had to address it. After the Qin dynasty, the Han (later) collapsed because of failure to solve the issue of unequal land distribution.

Thats my point, even if they would have if they had the chance, they didn't so in reality they weren't even remotely communist.

DaveElectric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 1:06:56 AM
The question is a fallacy. Communism = democratic absolutism awhile legalism is concerned with how a monarchy can best control the population.

You can't possibly connect the two.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 6:34:13 PM
At 10/5/2011 1:06:56 AM, DaveElectric wrote:
The question is a fallacy. Communism = democratic absolutism awhile legalism is concerned with how a monarchy can best control the population.

You can't possibly connect the two.

Indeed and Agreed.