Jump to topic:

Makeshift History Catagory

Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 3:50:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you want to discuss a historical topic, post it here. I will be putting my historical topic post in this thread. Historical topic/debate/new/etc. Most of my debates are on historical topics, so if you want to instigate a debate on a historical subject, post here.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 4:24:57 PM
At 10/19/2011 3:50:26 PM, Mikeee wrote:
If you want to discuss a historical topic, post it here. I will be putting my historical topic post in this thread. Historical topic/debate/new/etc. Most of my debates are on historical topics, so if you want to instigate a debate on a historical subject, post here.

Why in Philosophy?
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 4:41:29 PM
At 10/19/2011 4:24:57 PM, innomen wrote:

Why in Philosophy?

Where else? It doesn't fit into science, technology, society, religion, or anywhere else...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 4:56:36 PM
How many rejections of this proposal will it take for you to realize that no one cares about a history category? This thread will die within the next week.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 4:57:38 PM
At 10/19/2011 4:41:29 PM, Mikeee wrote:
At 10/19/2011 4:24:57 PM, innomen wrote:

Why in Philosophy?

Where else? It doesn't fit into science, technology, society, religion, or anywhere else...
And not philosophy either, my friend.
Perhaps you should have posted it in the miscellaneous forum instead...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:36:48 PM
At 10/19/2011 4:56:36 PM, 000ike wrote:
How many rejections of this proposal will it take for you to realize that no one cares about a history category? This thread will die within the next week.

I care, so you're wrong on that account.

I don't see why we shouldn't have a history section. Get rid of the Arts section and put in the history section. I believe that a lot of good dialect can come with a history section.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 9:13:12 PM
At 10/19/2011 8:36:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I don't see why we shouldn't have a history section. Get rid of the Arts section and put in the history section. I believe that a lot of good dialect can come with a history section.

Some interesting stuff actually does happen in the Arts section.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:26:33 AM
Other than just having conversations about history (which I'm sure there are other forums for), what kinds of historical discussions wouldn't fit into an already-existing category?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:59:48 AM
At 10/19/2011 9:13:12 PM, seraine wrote:
At 10/19/2011 8:36:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Some interesting stuff actually does happen in the Arts section.

If that is done, consolidate Entertainment into Arts, not the other way around. It makes the snoots happy that their snooty art doesn't have to be called entertainment, and it's no skin off the nose of people who are actually entertained.

I'm no advocate of a History section mind, but it's not as important as this.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.