Jump to topic:

How will you treat

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 1:39:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Imagine a person you totally hate. Like, someone you can't tolerate for even 15 minutes.

Done? Now,

1. How will you behave with him/ her if she loves you ? Brings you gifts, talks you up but still embodies all the things you hate. (being loud, praise seeking or whatever, embarrassing you in public, too truthful, etc.)
2. How would you behave if the above mentioned person had a history that justified her behaviour.
3. How would you behave if the person was physically handicapped. ( not mentally, remember)
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 1:52:28 PM
1. How will you behave with him/ her if she loves you ? Brings you gifts, talks you up but still embodies all the things you hate. (being loud, praise seeking or whatever, embarrassing you in public, too truthful, etc.)

Tell said person politely that I don't think it would work out between us.

2. How would you behave if the above mentioned person had a history that justified her behaviour.

I would be more understanding, but the same.

3. How would you behave if the person was physically handicapped. ( not mentally, remember)

It would probably be embarrassing for me to reject such a person - I'd get social flak for it. But, the same.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 2:10:46 PM
At 10/26/2011 1:39:09 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Imagine a person you totally hate. Like, someone you can't tolerate for even 15 minutes.

Done? Now,

I know someone exactly like this. The only way it is even possible for me to get along with her is to not take her seriously, and not take part in her games. Even though she brings me gifts all the time, she still interrupts me before I can get a sentence in, and she still is an obsessive and controlling emotional wreck.

If you knew her, take into account that she's been like this her entire adult life, and she's over the age of 60.... No, she should have figured out by now that it is her behavior that isolates herself and causes her misery... But she still blames everyone else..

People get over histories.. It is called accepting things for the way things are instead of deluding yourself into thinking that it is "supposed" to be a certain way.

Well, this person is one of the dumbest people I've ever met in my life, and I've entertained thoughts of her being mildly retarded... And she has a few "conditions" that were probably brought out because of the fact that she is angry all the time and eats nothing but butter...(heart problems, etc)... But...

Say she was tied to a wheelchair... No, I'd still think she was an ornery old b!tch.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 2:11:37 PM
I thought rejecting must be the toughest thing to do. In real life. Generally, at least the small section of people I interact with, play up the hatred to bring drama into their life. Though it is the most sensible thing to do.

Myself, i would try to ignore them as much as possible, except in case 3. Case 2, i believe anyone can control their present actions, so they get my sympathy but still would ignore them. Case 1, would ignore them out of plain embarrassment.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 2:11:48 PM
The only reason I even tolerate her is because she is both entertaining to an extent, and she bribes me with stuff whenever I tell her to fvck off.

And yes, she may be an old lady, but I do tell her to fvck off on occasion. Trust me, she deserves it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 2:37:03 PM
Nudes on 4chan

No difference.

No difference
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 3:30:59 AM
The term hate, like the term love, has lost its impact and importance these days. There is a drastic difference between someone whose actions annoy me and someone I truly hate. In the case of the former, I would likely simply ignore their advances or avoid them altogether. If the latter, I would use the opportunity provided (i.e. attraction) to harm them emotionally. Their motivations and physical state are irrelevant, unless they somehow give me greater leverage.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 3:30:58 PM

I figured that sex didn't matter when I read this statement.

Done? Now,

This thread took a weird turn.

Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 3:41:31 PM
At 10/26/2011 1:58:11 PM, innomen wrote:
I can't imagine anyone that i would "totally hate".

This. There are people that I don't like interacting with and will activel avoid, but it's usually due to some undesirable feature about that person. I don't hate that person, because I don't really view that individual as being metaphysically directly responsible for that characteristic. Practically, I just end up poking fun at that characteristic with friends.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 3:44:37 PM
On the physical handicap, if that person is really going for low blows against me and insulting me on traits beyond my control I'll view the physical handicap as being vulnerable to comment. You shouldn't be dishing it out if you can't take it. Whether I actually comment on it is dependent on mood and surroundings.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 3:48:27 PM
I haven't hated someone for their personality flaws; only if they've intentionally hurt someone that i care about. otherwise, I try my best not to judge them because i don't know what they've been through to make them the way they are. i usually end up feeling sorrow for them; and I will treat them with cordiality but not invite them into my life.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 3:56:04 PM
after thinking about it some more, maybe i dont even hate those that have hurt my loved ones. i couldn't picture watching them get hurt or killed and feeling any better from it; which imo, is the driving factor of hate.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:42:40 PM

Done? Now,

There are a few people I really don't like spending time with but no one I actually hate. Of the people I really dislike the company of, I think I'd reconcile with most of them given the three conditions. There is one person, however, that I would dislike the company of even if the first two conditions were met (The third is irrelevant).

This girl that I worked with for about two weeks, two years younger than m, I just really disliked. She was doing a lower level internship and I was doing a higher level one. Pretentious, I've never been able to use that word to describe someone so perfectly. She's a letter-of-the-law type, with no experience. Hard-core academic, 4.0, terrible people skills, simply would NOT stop bragging. Condescending, patronizing, sarcastic (and not in a funny way). I know exactly why she is the way she is, and even if she handed me a million dollars, I wouldn't be able to like her so long as she maintains that personality.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:50:19 PM
This girl that I worked with for about two weeks, two years younger than m, I just really disliked. She was doing a lower level internship and I was doing a higher level one. Pretentious, I've never been able to use that word to describe someone so perfectly. She's a letter-of-the-law type, with no experience. Hard-core academic, 4.0, terrible people skills, simply would NOT stop bragging. Condescending, patronizing, sarcastic (and not in a funny way). I know exactly why she is the way she is, and even if she handed me a million dollars, I wouldn't be able to like her so long as she maintains that personality.

She sounds like a perfect hate-f**k.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 4:59:17 PM
She makes a big show of pseudo-intellectualism. She has this hardcopy of some random Dickens novel splayed out on the counter, a counter that is high-traffic that 3-4 of us do our work on at the Pharmacy. She then goes on and on about how she loves his writing, how she loves reading, how she loves symbolism and litereary analysis and whatnot. I personally don't care, but I'm friendly, so I engage her in conversation. I like French literature because of the flowery language and pages upon pages of unnecessary description because I love imagery. So I engage in some low-level literary discourse and I find out she's really only read about 2 books that can be considered "Classical Literature", both by Dickens. *head throbs*. She gives me grief because I can't remember trivialities about the classes I took 2 years ago which happen to be the classes she's taking now. When I dismiss her condescending comments and genuinely ask her a question related to her studies and necessary for work, she falters and becomes indignant. She then makes a grandiose show of how she always carries her notes with her and proceeds to "study" in front of everyone. And of course, she quizzes us too. *head throbs even harder*. She doesn't follow practical directions when they conflict with what she learned was the "proper" way to do things in school. And she lies like no one's business.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 6:14:08 PM

Done? Now,

I married her.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 6:21:00 PM
At 10/27/2011 6:14:08 PM, sadolite wrote:

Done? Now,

I married her.

HAHAHA That sounds like a rom-com XD

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2011 7:34:32 AM
At 10/26/2011 2:11:48 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The only reason I even tolerate her is because she is both entertaining to an extent, and she bribes me with stuff whenever I tell her to fvck off.

And yes, she may be an old lady, but I do tell her to fvck off on occasion. Trust me, she deserves it.

Yeah I tell my Mom off too.