Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

I Am Hungry For A Challenge.

Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:08:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am interested in a debate. Would anyone be interested in helping me resolve this?
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:15:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 11:10:00 PM, Rusty wrote:
Out of curiosity, what topics did you want to debate?

While I am usually more inclined to debate on religion, I will debate near anything at the moment.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:33:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 11:15:33 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:10:00 PM, Rusty wrote:
Out of curiosity, what topics did you want to debate?

While I am usually more inclined to debate on religion, I will debate near anything at the moment.

Biblical inerrancy?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:38:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 11:33:01 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:15:33 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:10:00 PM, Rusty wrote:
Out of curiosity, what topics did you want to debate?

While I am usually more inclined to debate on religion, I will debate near anything at the moment.

Biblical inerrancy?

I am PRO Christian. I believe firmly in the perfect testimony of the Bible and it's clear inerrancy, so if you would like to assume the Pro (For Biblical Errancy) side, I would be glad to debate it.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:42:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 11:38:56 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:33:01 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:15:33 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:10:00 PM, Rusty wrote:
Out of curiosity, what topics did you want to debate?

While I am usually more inclined to debate on religion, I will debate near anything at the moment.

Biblical inerrancy?

I am PRO Christian. I believe firmly in the perfect testimony of the Bible and it's clear inerrancy, so if you would like to assume the Pro (For Biblical Errancy) side, I would be glad to debate it.

Deal.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 11:44:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/20/2011 11:42:25 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:38:56 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:33:01 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:15:33 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/20/2011 11:10:00 PM, Rusty wrote:
Out of curiosity, what topics did you want to debate?

While I am usually more inclined to debate on religion, I will debate near anything at the moment.

Biblical inerrancy?

I am PRO Christian. I believe firmly in the perfect testimony of the Bible and it's clear inerrancy, so if you would like to assume the Pro (For Biblical Errancy) side, I would be glad to debate it.

Deal.

I await your challenge.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 3:11:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Aren't there enough religious debates on this site already? At any given moment, we've got at least half a dozen going with the same pool of readers and voters for each. Come on, mix it up!

Possible Debate Topics:

1. Community service should be a mandatory component of maintaining voting privileges.
2. Obi Wan Kenobi was a poor Jedi Master.
3. The U.S. penny should be discontinued.
4. Given his current methods, Ash Ketchum will likely never be pokemon league champion.
5. Psychics and fortune tellers are overall detrimental to society.
6. The term "reality television" is a misnomer.

The debates practically write themselves!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 6:59:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I guess mine was too intense.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 3:12:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'd debate whether a government is compatible with libertarianism.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:44:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 3:11:42 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Aren't there enough religious debates on this site already? At any given moment, we've got at least half a dozen going with the same pool of readers and voters for each. Come on, mix it up!

Possible Debate Topics:

1. Community service should be a mandatory component of maintaining voting privileges.
2. Obi Wan Kenobi was a poor Jedi Master.
3. The U.S. penny should be discontinued.
4. Given his current methods, Ash Ketchum will likely never be pokemon league champion.
5. Psychics and fortune tellers are overall detrimental to society.
6. The term "reality television" is a misnomer.

The debates practically write themselves!

1 depends on the crime, I think. I doubt some idiot who got drunk and beat his girlfriend once has lost the right to a political opinion.

2 is...well...to be fair, Obi Wan was probably the worst Jedi Master in the series. When Qui Gon is better and he gets his arse handed to him by a rookie sith.

3, not qualified to have an opinion, not American.

4, of course he won't. The guys behind the show need him to keep going at it to keep the show going, with that they can then sell more trading cards and Nintendo games and keep making money. First rule of a series, you never never never let your protaganist reach his or her goal until you absolutely have to. This is why Tom never gets revenge on Jerry. Wile E. Coyote never catches the Road Runner, and there's always someone else for Superman or Spiderman or any other hero to fight.

I would, however, like to see someone like Professor Oak step up to the plate and give the little b*tch a good whoopin' to get him to be less of a twat.

5: debatable. Hope, even false hope, can help people in the short term. I'd argue that it's the people who try the larger stunts (lookin' at you, Paul McKenna) that are the real detriment

6: I for one am tempted to become a politician purely to pass a law that says that every single reality television show must at one point include one of the following:

-A live tiger
-A lava pit
-A half dozen live large (over two inches in length) or two dozen live small (less than two inches in length) scorpions, venomous spiders or other potentially harmful insects.
-A crate of firearms
-Four kilograms of crack cocaine cut with rat poison
-A convicted murderer who does not know he or she is on camera
Or
-A complete lack of douchbags, sluts, gangsters, thugs, psuedointellectuals, evangslists, bigots of any kind, psuedocelebrities, people with an IQ less than 110 or anyone who has ever associated with any celebrity that has at any time been convicted of drink driving. So nobody related to Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan or anyone else.

It'll either make the shows improve drastically or cause th f*ckers to cancel.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 1:53:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 8:44:21 PM, Veridas wrote:
At 11/21/2011 3:11:42 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Aren't there enough religious debates on this site already? At any given moment, we've got at least half a dozen going with the same pool of readers and voters for each. Come on, mix it up!

Possible Debate Topics:

1. Community service should be a mandatory component of maintaining voting privileges.
2. Obi Wan Kenobi was a poor Jedi Master.
3. The U.S. penny should be discontinued.
4. Given his current methods, Ash Ketchum will likely never be pokemon league champion.
5. Psychics and fortune tellers are overall detrimental to society.
6. The term "reality television" is a misnomer.

The debates practically write themselves!

1 depends on the crime, I think. I doubt some idiot who got drunk and beat his girlfriend once has lost the right to a political opinion.

2 is...well...to be fair, Obi Wan was probably the worst Jedi Master in the series. When Qui Gon is better and he gets his arse handed to him by a rookie sith.

3, not qualified to have an opinion, not American.

4, of course he won't. The guys behind the show need him to keep going at it to keep the show going, with that they can then sell more trading cards and Nintendo games and keep making money. First rule of a series, you never never never let your protaganist reach his or her goal until you absolutely have to. This is why Tom never gets revenge on Jerry. Wile E. Coyote never catches the Road Runner, and there's always someone else for Superman or Spiderman or any other hero to fight.

I would, however, like to see someone like Professor Oak step up to the plate and give the little b*tch a good whoopin' to get him to be less of a twat.

5: debatable. Hope, even false hope, can help people in the short term. I'd argue that it's the people who try the larger stunts (lookin' at you, Paul McKenna) that are the real detriment

6: I for one am tempted to become a politician purely to pass a law that says that every single reality television show must at one point include one of the following:

-A live tiger
-A lava pit
-A half dozen live large (over two inches in length) or two dozen live small (less than two inches in length) scorpions, venomous spiders or other potentially harmful insects.
-A crate of firearms
-Four kilograms of crack cocaine cut with rat poison
-A convicted murderer who does not know he or she is on camera
Or
-A complete lack of douchbags, sluts, gangsters, thugs, psuedointellectuals, evangslists, bigots of any kind, psuedocelebrities, people with an IQ less than 110 or anyone who has ever associated with any celebrity that has at any time been convicted of drink driving. So nobody related to Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan or anyone else.

It'll either make the shows improve drastically or cause th f*ckers to cancel.

See what I mean? They write themselves!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 11:50:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm hungry for a cheeseburger
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 8:42:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 3:12:31 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'd debate whether a government is compatible with libertarianism.

Define libertarianism for the debate's context.
President of DDO