Jump to topic:

Problems With Voting On DDO.

Renascor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:22:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was wondering if anyone else has noted the extremely unethical voting procedures that are taking place right here on DDO. It seems that everyone wants to interpret everyone's votes, and they try to decipher what exactly they mean. Then people have been posting counter vote bombs after determining that a particular vote is in fact a vote bomb. All of this is unsound and baseless, and I was curious if anyone else has been facing this recently.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:24:29 PM
When a troll gives you 7 unearned things, it is the ethical action to counter it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Renascor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:39:30 PM
At 11/21/2011 8:24:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
When a troll gives you 7 unearned things, it is the ethical action to counter it.

But how can you truly know that it was unearned? It would be like having a debate about who did the best on the debate in each area. In my opinion, the votes should only be viewed by the participants rather than the general public.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 10:00:40 PM
If the voter gives some points about each category and the debate actually reflects his stance on the votes then a 7 point vote bomb is justified.

Also voters sometimes take into account what other voters say to add more about their own comments over the debate, often they find a voter who is completely biased in his vote and then decide to counter it with their own vote.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:58:15 PM
It's not a vote bomb if you read the debate and truly think your voting the right way in every category.

Anyway the voting doesn't really matter. It's pointless.
All that really matters is that the debates are read, the audience and those in the debate learn more about the topic, and when you vote give an RFD so that they know exactly which arguments are strong, which are weak, and parts they need to work on to better themselves.
Vote bombing and counter vote bombing serve no actual purpose in furthering your own abilities.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:29:52 PM
At 11/22/2011 12:58:15 PM, lovelife wrote:
It's not a vote bomb if you read the debate and truly think your voting the right way in every category.

Anyway the voting doesn't really matter. It's pointless.
All that really matters is that the debates are read, the audience and those in the debate learn more about the topic, and when you vote give an RFD so that they know exactly which arguments are strong, which are weak, and parts they need to work on to better themselves.
Vote bombing and counter vote bombing serve no actual purpose in furthering your own abilities.

the voting incentivises people to teach :P
signature