Love

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2012 8:18:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/19/2012 8:06:46 PM, Raisor wrote:
What do you guys think of love? What is it, is it immaterial, is it eternal, is it homogeneous?

"Love" must be defined before we measure it. I personally feel language is a huge factor to the fallibility of understanding "love" (see? The word itself is inadequate, since it's plagued with connotations).
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2012 8:43:58 PM
What do you guys think of love? What is it, is it immaterial, is it eternal, is it homogeneous?

That depends on the type of love you are referencing. Romantic love, friendship love, sibliging love, family love? What?

Be more specific.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2012 9:02:00 PM
At 1/19/2012 8:43:58 PM, MasterKage wrote:

That depends on the type of love you are referencing. Romantic love, friendship love, sibliging love, family love? What?

Be more specific.

Dont you think the fact that you assume there is a difference between them is interesting?

I mean, what is it that unites them in all being called a type of love? The way you draw divisions suggests that they all have some common quality or characteristic. So are all these things distinct or are they sub-classifications of a broader "love?" Is romantic love mutually exclusive from family or friendship love?

Are the boundaries of love derived over two thousand years ago (agape, philios, eros, storge) adequate to describe the topic?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2012 11:15:33 PM
Having a lot to do with several different dynamics of life (experience, personal proclivities, interests, biological proclivities, genetic proclivities, social dynamic, timing, pathologies, fetisha, etc.), love is rather comprehensive and spiritual. It pervades our very being when we experience it, and this is why it's so easy to rationalize it as the entire purpose to one's life.

Another interpretation is that it's one of the distinct emotions that can only be described through relative experience.

Try explaining rapture to someone with Asberger Syndrome.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 12:19:19 AM

Love is just an emotion. Why not ask: What are emotions? Are they immaterial, eternal, etc.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 11:35:39 AM
love is a thing you cant feel you love if you cantgo a second without the person not you cant stand being with them
<strong>racer lover
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 11:40:19 AM
At 1/25/2012 11:35:39 AM, 8803 wrote:
love is a thing you cant feel you love if you cantgo a second without the person not you cant stand being with them

i completely agree man.
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 12:35:40 PM
At 1/25/2012 11:40:19 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:

i completely agree man.

Lol, so I do.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 12:36:02 PM
At 1/25/2012 12:35:40 PM, Ren wrote:
At 1/25/2012 11:40:19 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:

i completely agree man.

Lol, so I do.

Lmfao? Ren is dyslexic?

So do I.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 12:55:38 PM
Love is the total acceptance of reality for what it is. Not for what you want it to be or what you think it is.

Those who live love know this.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Seremonia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 5:48:57 AM
There are various experience related to Love. That's why i am going to make comparison to understand what love is.

To make a better understanding, several assertions related to love are involved.

Love, Friendship & Infatuation

Understanding:

- Love is one of intense vibration within our heart to fulfill the needs of a loved one with more emphasis on the loved ones than ourselves.

- Friendship is one of intense vibration within our heart to fulfill the needs of both with more emphasis on both that involved in the friendship

- Infatuation is one of intense vibration within our heart to fulfill the needs of ourselves with more emphasis on self pleasure for ourselves.

Relational:

- Love obligates us to make additional fulfillment to friendship and infatuation. - Friendship obligates us to make additional fulfillment to infatuation - Infatuation obligates us to fulfill what should be fulfilled by infatuation itself.

Infatuation could lead us to make a friendship relation and friendship could lead us to make a love relation.

Further

In addition, to make us, at least, closer to the characteristics of the true love, and at least to put us closer to the true love, ... :

- It's when we perceive the harmony of something, and further, maybe it will make us feel the beauty of something., OR

- It's when we feel the beauty of something, and further, maybe it will make us perceive the harmony of something.

People with ability to put themselves on condition to love anything with true love will put someone to:

- perceive anything in harmony and it may put peacefully in our feeling, and maybe further to feel happiness, because there is no obstacles on our perceptions, but there are only harmonies and further feel the beauty on everything we perceive, or

- perceive anything with feeling of intimacy and it may lead us to act carefully, because they don't want easily to act improperly that will break their intimacy.

- further, it will strongly lead obedience to the beloved, or when we (strongly want to) be (closer to) as one to what we loved (within possibilities).

That's my thought about love related to others. Honestly i don't know what love is to the deepest understanding.

But closer understanding about "what love is" may be asserted that, love is strong vibration (intentional) that leads to the events with characteristics as i already mentioned above.

That's my closer understanding about love. Cheers.
I am free not because I have choices, but I am free because I rely on God with quality assured!
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 10:59:32 AM

Kierkegaards fear and trembling where faith is replaced with love. At the minute thats what I feel it is. Although, I've not thought about it critically yet
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 2:22:22 PM
All is love.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:00:01 PM
At 11/3/2012 2:11:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I am Love.

I worship Love.