Jump to topic:

The Time Machine

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 3:33:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm giving you the most powerful weapon in existence. A time machine. How would you use it? Would you go back to change things? Atrocities so to speak.

Couple of rules.

1) Your own timeline is safe. You can not alter your personality. You also can not erase yourself accidentally unless you do so directly.
2) you are absolutely free to meet a past version of yourself, without destroying the universe.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
buelg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 8:39:15 AM
Before I will go in to the past, I will think how I can help the people of our country in the past. And then when I go there I will work carefully so that other nations don't blame me, and I will tell what is wrong about an occasion and make dangers never recur again. And then I will go to the recent past and I will try to tell not to do it before I do something embarrassing.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 5:15:58 PM
I think trying to meddle will just screw everything up more.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 6:48:50 PM
First, I'd go back and save my loved ones from past injuries, mistakes, regrets, and deaths. Then, I'd head into the future and see what similar events I can prevent through current actions or a simple heads-up. Next, I'd instruct my closest friends on use of the time machine so that, should something happen to me, they are able to save me. Lastly, I'd win a sizable lottery or two.

At that point, I'd probably store the machine somewhere secret. I'd only ever use it again to reverse substantial downfalls in my life or the lives of loved ones. Going back in time and preventing large-scale tragedies probably wouldn't be on my radar until I'm sufficiently confident in my use of the time machine...and I've had some fun.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:21:18 PM
So you guys wouldn't attempt to save the 11 million killed in the Holocaust? Interesting.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:23:23 PM
They died for a good reason. The creation of the state of Israel..... oh wait...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
buelg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:30:27 AM
At 2/11/2012 9:11:10 AM, nonentity wrote:
To be honest, I wouldn't change a thing in the past. The only thing I'd do is write Harry Potter before JK Rowling :p

Nice thinking