Jump to topic:

Double Standards

Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 6:50:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I thought it would be interesting to list some double standards you would be willing to defend. For example, I would defend the double standard that men should never hit women, while (though it's not necessarily a great thing) it's not as big of a deal, generally speaking, for women to hit men. Looking at factors like body mass, body structure, and possibly (though not clarified or rigorously supported-could be wrong-) a tendency for more coordinated motor movements, (A more pronounced motor cortex found in the parietal lobe) I see it as a very well justified double standard. So what are some you would be willing to defend?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:01:33 AM
At 2/25/2012 10:44:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I usually prefer having sex with women rather than men.

And what about the half-way point?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:14:11 PM
At 2/25/2012 10:44:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I usually prefer having sex with women rather than men.:

You, sir, are a monster.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2012 5:17:11 PM
At 2/23/2012 6:50:13 PM, Brain_crazy wrote:
So I thought it would be interesting to list some double standards you would be willing to defend. For example, I would defend the double standard that men should never hit women, while (though it's not necessarily a great thing) it's not as big of a deal, generally speaking, for women to hit men. Looking at factors like body mass, body structure, and possibly (though not clarified or rigorously supported-could be wrong-) a tendency for more coordinated motor movements, (A more pronounced motor cortex found in the parietal lobe) I see it as a very well justified double standard. So what are some you would be willing to defend?:

Oh, don't worry... I always hit my women with an open hand, so it's not really that bad.

I'm sorry, please continue. You were saying something about double standards.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)