Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

How do you feel.

sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 7:47:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What's with this "how do you feel about" what ever social issue crap. How I feel about any social issue is irrelevant, How I feel about any law is irrelevant. Social issues and laws should be based on facts. Not feelings. Feeling based arguments are as worthless as two tits on a hog.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 8:02:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 7:47:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's with this "how do you feel about" what ever social issue crap. How I feel about any social issue is irrelevant, How I feel about any law is irrelevant. Social issues and laws should be based on facts. Not feelings. Feeling based arguments are as worthless as two tits on a hog.

I don' think so, I find them important. The question is where do they get the feeling from, and who gives it. Some say a world transcendent ground of being, etc.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 10:45:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 8:02:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/2/2012 7:47:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's with this "how do you feel about" what ever social issue crap. How I feel about any social issue is irrelevant, How I feel about any law is irrelevant. Social issues and laws should be based on facts. Not feelings. Feeling based arguments are as worthless as two tits on a hog.

I don' think so, I find them important. The question is where do they get the feeling from, and who gives it. Some say a world transcendent ground of being, etc.

HMM I never have feelings about such issues. They either make sense or they are complete BS. The quickest way for me spot BS laws and BS social issues is when they only affect a single group of people not all the people.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:12:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 10:45:16 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/2/2012 8:02:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/2/2012 7:47:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's with this "how do you feel about" what ever social issue crap. How I feel about any social issue is irrelevant, How I feel about any law is irrelevant. Social issues and laws should be based on facts. Not feelings. Feeling based arguments are as worthless as two tits on a hog.

I don' think so, I find them important. The question is where do they get the feeling from, and who gives it. Some say a world transcendent ground of being, etc.

HMM I never have feelings about such issues. They either make sense or they are complete BS. The quickest way for me spot BS laws and BS social issues is when they only affect a single group of people not all the people.

You never have moments of luminosity? Movements in your consciousness? What stops you from hitting women? What stops you from punching an annoying 4 year old in the face without feeling bad about it? What is that voice inside that connects actions as wrong? Some call it common sense, reason, or consciousness. Sometimes empirical facts cannot explain experiences in the soul, so the symbol you use to explain it does not matter.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 8:28:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:12:40 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:45:16 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/2/2012 8:02:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/2/2012 7:47:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's with this "how do you feel about" what ever social issue crap. How I feel about any social issue is irrelevant, How I feel about any law is irrelevant. Social issues and laws should be based on facts. Not feelings. Feeling based arguments are as worthless as two tits on a hog.

I don' think so, I find them important. The question is where do they get the feeling from, and who gives it. Some say a world transcendent ground of being, etc.

HMM I never have feelings about such issues. They either make sense or they are complete BS. The quickest way for me spot BS laws and BS social issues is when they only affect a single group of people not all the people.

You never have moments of luminosity? Movements in your consciousness? What stops you from hitting women? What stops you from punching an annoying 4 year old in the face without feeling bad about it? What is that voice inside that connects actions as wrong? Some call it common sense, reason, or consciousness. Sometimes empirical facts cannot explain experiences in the soul, so the symbol you use to explain it does not matter.

What stops me from hitting a woman? Are you serious. If you need an answer to that I pity you. What stops me from hitting a four year old? The same answer for not hitting a woman. I don't have voices in my head and right and wrong are as obvious to me as the sun rising in the morning. Do you really have to stop and ponder whether what you are doing at any given moment is right or wrong? Geeze it must take you forever to do anything to completion or make a decision about the most simple things. And even then you will ponder weather that decision is right or wrong even further. Glad I don't have your brain or thought process, I would go insane and start hitting women and obnoxious 4 year olds.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 8:33:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 8:28:59 PM, sadolite wrote:

What stops me from hitting a woman? Are you serious. If you need an answer to that I pity you. What stops me from hitting a four year old? The same answer for not hitting a woman. I don't have voices in my head and right and wrong are as obvious to me as the sun rising in the morning. Do you really have to stop and ponder whether what you are doing at any given moment is right or wrong? Geeze it must take you forever to do anything to completion or make a decision about the most simple things. And even then you will ponder weather that decision is right or wrong even further. Glad I don't have your brain or thought process, I would go insane and start hitting women and obnoxious 4 year olds.

Pondering right and wrong is the only way to make sure you're gut instincts aren't dead wrong.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 1:07:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 8:28:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:12:40 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:45:16 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/2/2012 8:02:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 3/2/2012 7:47:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's with this "how do you feel about" what ever social issue crap. How I feel about any social issue is irrelevant, How I feel about any law is irrelevant. Social issues and laws should be based on facts. Not feelings. Feeling based arguments are as worthless as two tits on a hog.

I don' think so, I find them important. The question is where do they get the feeling from, and who gives it. Some say a world transcendent ground of being, etc.

HMM I never have feelings about such issues. They either make sense or they are complete BS. The quickest way for me spot BS laws and BS social issues is when they only affect a single group of people not all the people.

You never have moments of luminosity? Movements in your consciousness? What stops you from hitting women? What stops you from punching an annoying 4 year old in the face without feeling bad about it? What is that voice inside that connects actions as wrong? Some call it common sense, reason, or consciousness. Sometimes empirical facts cannot explain experiences in the soul, so the symbol you use to explain it does not matter.

What stops me from hitting a woman? Are you serious. If you need an answer to that I pity you. What stops me from hitting a four year old? The same answer for not hitting a woman.
In other words you're an unreflective traditionalist.

Though I agree with you about the "feelings" bit.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.