Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Have you ever realized there is no ground?

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 3:08:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/20/2012 2:50:40 AM, FREEDO wrote:
It's just not there. Pretty odd, if you ask me.

got me confused >_>, so I'll bite, how so?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 3:57:37 PM
At 3/20/2012 3:56:39 PM, Jon1 wrote:
http://www.greatbowden.org...

Man, CGI just keeps getting better and better!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 5:33:12 PM
I tried telling this to a guy I used to work with, and he thought I was crazy.

Then again, not many people have problems when I tell tbem the same thing about trees.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 5:50:23 PM
At 3/20/2012 5:33:12 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I tried telling this to a guy I used to work with, and he thought I was crazy.

Then again, not many people have problems when I tell tbem the same thing about trees.

I know! Don't even try to explain how you aren't real either...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 7:37:15 PM
So if I push you down on the "ground" and stand on your neck you will still hold true to the idea there is no ground? And further still, say "I am not standing on your neck because you have no neck?" I would like to see this experiment conducted. Maybe you could get a couple of friends to help conduct this experiment on you and post it here as a video.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 8:28:07 PM
It is imperative that the ground is on the bottom. If not, it is just a object in the middle. Yet, it must always end somewhere. Thus, there is no ground. Even the turtle which supports the Earth has no ground on which to stand. It's just turtles all the way down.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 8:42:46 PM
At 3/20/2012 8:28:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
It is imperative that the ground is on the bottom. If not, it is just a object in the middle. Yet, it must always end somewhere. Thus, there is no ground. Even the turtle which supports the Earth has no ground on which to stand. It's just turtles all the way down.

You are still saying the same thing. I think my suggested experiment would show you exactly where your friends foot begins, then the thickness of your neck and where the ground begins. The ground then extends all the way to the other side of the planet, changing form and increasing in temperature nearer to the center of the planet then returning to the same form on the other side of the planet.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 8:45:38 PM
At 3/20/2012 8:42:46 PM, sadolite wrote:

You are still saying the same thing. I think my suggested experiment would show you exactly where your friends foot begins, then the thickness of your neck and where the ground begins. The ground then extends all the way to the other side of the planet, changing form and increasing in temperature nearer to the center of the planet then returning to the same form on the other side of the planet.

He's talking about the universe
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:13:41 PM
To and fro, as, instead, it can only widen for it is to be apt, a slang, a sound, a resonance, never ending until a vanguard wielding all the contortions of menace can be aroused within our hearts. Verily, verily, a slang, a sound, a resonance. We all have it not; not for not, for not, for not.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:14:33 PM
Demure as a cellar door
Immortalize forever more
Epiphany stirs infatuations
A fantasy, forth and flowing
Allured, you were, with elations
A cure, a source, always showing
Insatiable, untameable; imploring all the shore
A ruse, made safe and sound -- Encore, I say! Encore!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:16:45 PM
You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...

You don't even know...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:23:13 PM
At 3/20/2012 8:45:38 PM, phantom wrote:

Oh, I was talking about reality. My bad. Everyone knows the universe is made of atoms. some are just closer together than others. Is this new information to him? The ones closer together appear to be solid and the ones further apart appear as a gas. But he does not live at a subatomic level so all of this is irrelevant. For the reality he lives in there is a "ground"

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:34:36 PM
At 3/20/2012 9:23:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
Oh, I was talking about reality. My bad. Everyone knows the universe is made of atoms. some are just closer together than others. Is this new information to him? The ones closer together appear to be solid and the ones further apart appear as a gas. But he does not live at a subatomic level so all of this is irrelevant. For the reality he lives in there is a "ground"

You completely missed the point. Your remark doesn't address his statement.

"It is imperative that the ground is on the bottom. If not, it is just a object in the middle. Yet, it must always end somewhere. Thus, there is no ground." - Freedo

If you were to stand on the "ground" and gradually levitate into outerspace and see Earth from a distance, the thing you once called the ground is no longer the ground.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:40:03 PM
At 3/20/2012 8:45:38 PM, phantom wrote:

So the universe has a ground?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 9:44:24 PM
At 3/20/2012 9:34:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You completely missed the point. Your remark doesn't address his statement.

"It is imperative that the ground is on the bottom. If not, it is just a object in the middle. Yet, it must always end somewhere. Thus, there is no ground." - Freedo

If you were to stand on the "ground" and gradually levitate into outerspace and see Earth from a distance, the thing you once called the ground is no longer the ground.

No, I don't miss the point at all. Everything in the universe is made of atoms. So nothing exists at a subatomic level. There are only atoms. But we don't live at that level. Floating in the air just means you are moving atoms around. In "reality" the ground is still there. All you have done is moved atoms that are further apart between two planes of atoms that are closer together.

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 11:26:49 PM
The Fool: Consciousness is the ground.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 7:25:12 AM
I think FREEDO needs to ground himself in reality.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 7:34:18 AM
At 3/21/2012 7:25:12 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I think FREEDO needs to ground himself in reality.

Awh, that's no fun...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 10:19:00 AM
Really, the ground is just another word for lies.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
crystalharris101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 10:38:26 AM
there has to be a ground... if not then what is that soild piece of material we walk,live on underneath our feet?
@Jsparks_Boo follow me on twitter
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 11:03:08 AM
At 3/20/2012 11:26:49 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Guy Sick of the Fool: Why the hell do you type like this? It's ridiculous. It wastes space and is completely stupid. You really are a fool.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 1:10:23 PM
Ya'll need to read the last page.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 1:10:49 PM
At 3/21/2012 1:10:23 PM, phantom wrote:
Ya'll need to read the last page.

As in previous
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 1:11:22 PM
At 3/21/2012 11:03:08 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/20/2012 11:26:49 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Guy Sick of the Fool: Why the hell do you type like this? It's ridiculous. It wastes space and is completely stupid. You really are a fool.

It creates a persona.
I only know you as the monopoly guy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord