Jump to topic:

Discussion on The Transcendence of Ideas

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 4:32:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have made this thread in case anybody wants to discuss, deabate, object, complement or make contributing suggestions over about the articles as part of The Trancendence of Ideas series.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:29:46 PM
Yes, I have a question.

What is the "transcendence" of an idea?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:33:28 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:29:46 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Yes, I have a question.

The flow of ideas from person to person throught time. In that ideas trancsend through discursive resources.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:35:32 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:33:28 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
Yes, I have a question.

The flow of ideas from person to person throught time. In that ideas trancsend through discursive resources.

That is most of the ideas we have now are based on ideas through out western philosophy. As appose to eastern philospohy which shaps the foundation of thier thinkingm more.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:36:54 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:35:32 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 4/6/2012 5:33:28 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
Yes, I have a question.

That is most of the ideas we have now are based on ideas through out western philosophy. As appose to eastern philospohy which shaps the foundation of thier thinkingm more.

There is lots of over lap. But the general ideology are shaped around them.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:45:40 PM
Transcendence implies an upward, progressive motion. Given your definition, aren't texting, e-mail, and phone conversations examples of the transcendence of ideas?

Is a more apt term for "transcendence of ideas" simply: "communication"?
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:07:18 PM
What about the theory "lost in the translation?"

Seems like information handed down naturally degrades in value unless steps are taken to counter it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:35:47 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:45:40 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Transcendence implies an upward, progressive motion. Given your definition, aren't texting, e-mail, and phone conversations examples of the transcendence of ideas?

The Fool: They are examples of discursive Resources.

Is a more apt term for "transcendence of ideas" simply: "communication"?

The Fool: What I mean by trancedence, is more complex then communication,its the all encompassing idea of the following. Its the flow of ideas, geographical, chronologically, the methods of reasoning learned evolved and applied over time, the process of thier development through a progregressive dialectic from each generation of philosophers, responding to the last thus pushing the evolution of our ideas forward into the next geneneration which leads to the academics we have now. The process of knowledge aquisition. Through Synthizing elementary principle into more complex ideas an theories.

I am note going to go that complex that is part of something bigger I am writing that is why its called the Quick and Dirty version. . Its just a get a general jist.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:38:18 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:07:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
What about the theory "lost in the translation?"

Seems like information handed down naturally degrades in value unless steps are taken to counter it.

Yeah that is the problem, more so before things were not writtin down, there are lots of those examples. Where a philosopher things he is responding to past philosopher, but they are way off.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:39:36 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:35:47 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

I have another question: What are dicursive resources?

The Fool: What I mean by trancedence, is more complex then communication,its the all encompassing idea of the following. Its the flow of ideas, geographical, chronologically, the methods of reasoning learned evolved and applied over time, the process of thier development through a progregressive dialectic from each generation of philosophers, responding to the last thus pushing the evolution of our ideas forward into the next geneneration which leads to the academics we have now. The process of knowledge aquisition. Through Synthizing elementary principle into more complex ideas an theories.

So...a book o.O? I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here. Is this transcendence a property, an actual object, or a concept?

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:41:12 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:39:36 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 4/6/2012 6:35:47 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

I have another question: What are dicursive resources?

So...a book o.O? I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here. Is this transcendence a property, an actual object, or a concept?

Discursive Resources are mediems which tranfer ideas: you gave some examples:

-literature
-education
-texting,
- e-mail, and
-phone
-conversations
-etc

What I mean by Trancedence is refering to the over all patterns, formulations and refining(rejecting faulty ones and keeping the good ideas over time)..
Its a set of concepts, relating to the evoluion of ideas.