Jump to topic:

Tao Te Ching

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:21:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just got through reading it, and I just want to say that it is awesome!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Sans_the_Ander
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:36:53 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:21:34 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
I just got through reading it, and I just want to say that it is awesome!

It really is. I did a little bit of study on Taoism in an English class last year and the core ideas in it are very cool.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:48:49 PM
Greatest of the big spiritual scriptures, if you ask me.

Taoism is simply Discordianism without the supervise humor and metaphor, by the way.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 11:22:38 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:48:49 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Yes, I would agree.

Taoism is simply Discordianism without the supervise humor and metaphor, by the way.

Really? How is that?
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:13:18 AM
At 4/15/2012 11:22:38 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Yes, I would agree.

Really? How is that?

Taoism is the reconciliation of the opposites. The worship of the contradiction. The abolition of the contrasts invented by man and imposed on nature.
Some say it is insanity by definition.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:22:44 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:13:18 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 4/15/2012 11:22:38 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Yes, I would agree.

Really? How is that?

Taoism is the reconciliation of the opposites. The worship of the contradiction. The abolition of the contrasts invented by man and imposed on nature.
Some say it is insanity by definition.

Interesting.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 10:45:46 AM
Tao te ching says the same thing as the principa discordia, just in different language.

The "humor" in the PD is as much a part of the communication as the words themselves.

They are both about how human beings perceive and interpret the world. How the mind works, and if you are aware of your mind's workings, both texts make a lot more sense. The truths are also evident.

The Tao Te Ching was my favorite philosophical text before reading the Principa Discordia. It is better to say, "watch your fvcking language, you dipsh1t!" Than "Stop cussing, there are children around, and your crassness is getting in the way of our goals."

Tell me why.

The philosophies are identical otherwise. While the tao te ching became corrupted due to its presentation as a wise text(ironically working as evidence of its message), the PD attempts to just skip all that by presenting itself in the complete opposite manner. Not as a book of wisdom, but as a book covered in jelly.

If you understand either, you know to forget the books. The books are just fingers pointing. What they point to is a refutation of naive realism, and a deeper understanding of Rock n' Roll.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp