Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

'Quote', agree or disagree.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 4:41:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Quote something, from somebody or your own one. It can be on any topic. If you agree or disagree you then must explain why, then you must quote something your self. Here is my quote:

"What is the difference between confidence and arrogance? It isn't too difficult to differ the two, as it goes confidence is where one has the right to fully express him or her self in any style of manner. Arrogance however comes into play when one misuses his or her right in order of expression."
CrazyPerson
Posts: 1,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 6:35:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Agree.

"But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us."

-watts
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 7:24:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 6:35:35 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Agree.

"But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us."

-watts

That quote inhabits an on going battle in philosophy, but I have to agree with it here. It seems that we as perceives, don't actually view the world directly, rather we observe data collected by our senses. Science as it deals with the physical world, seems to be the last strong hold for direct realism.

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind." – Bruce Lee

And..

"Evil judges no one, good judges all."
CrazyPerson
Posts: 1,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2012 7:36:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 7:24:11 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:35:35 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Agree.

"But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us."

-watts

That quote inhabits an on going battle in philosophy, but I have to agree with it here. It seems that we as perceives, don't actually view the world directly, rather we observe data collected by our senses. Science as it deals with the physical world, seems to be the last strong hold for direct realism.

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind." – Bruce Lee

This is brilliant, and should be though over by any self-proclaimed strong conservative or liberal.

And..

"Evil judges no one, good judges all."
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
SuburbiaSurvivor
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 4:53:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Dun worry, its k"-Arby N The Chief

Agree.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 11:33:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/18/2012 7:36:43 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/18/2012 7:24:11 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 4/18/2012 6:35:35 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Agree.

"But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us."

-watts

That quote inhabits an on going battle in philosophy, but I have to agree with it here. It seems that we as perceives, don't actually view the world directly, rather we observe data collected by our senses. Science as it deals with the physical world, seems to be the last strong hold for direct realism.

Yes, I agree. That is why sometimes to understand something we have to be at a certain angle to understand the issue at hand (for example, understanding right triangles and similarity).

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind." – Bruce Lee

This is brilliant, and should be though over by any self-proclaimed strong conservative or liberal.

And..

"Evil judges no one, good judges all."
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan