Jump to topic:

death

Nosaj5q
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 9:08:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
my question is how will death be experienced I mean I realize when you die you're brain becomes inactive. and what!?! is it all black is it just like being unconscious. or are you somehow able to keep thinking in a bubble of your own existence?
Slimy yet satisfying"
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:02:29 AM
At 4/25/2012 9:08:19 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:
my question is how will death be experienced I mean I realize when you die you're brain becomes inactive. and what!?! is it all black is it just like being unconscious. or are you somehow able to keep thinking in a bubble of your own existence?

Uhm. Well, death isn't experienced because there is nothing to experience it. You're dead.
Nosaj5q
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:12:46 AM
how do you experience not experiencing anything idk its just a hard concept for me to rap my head around.
Slimy yet satisfying"
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:17:55 AM
At 4/25/2012 10:12:46 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:
how do you experience not experiencing anything idk its just a hard concept for me to rap my head around.

Because you keep phrasing it in terms of it being an experience. Yout don't experience not experiencing. That's the point. You don't experience anything. There is no experience.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:20:12 AM
At 4/25/2012 10:17:55 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 4/25/2012 10:12:46 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:

Because you keep phrasing it in terms of it being an experience. Yout don't experience not experiencing. That's the point. You don't experience anything. There is no experience.

LOL, what?! Just a large release of DMT, that's all... no experience there.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Nosaj5q
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:27:10 AM
so you just trip balls for like half a second then absolutely nothing for all of existence. that's pretty lame.
Slimy yet satisfying"
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:31:22 AM
At 4/25/2012 10:27:10 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:
so you just trip balls for like half a second then absolutely nothing for all of existence. that's pretty lame.

I have a couple theories. One is that the DMT is just a catalyst to pull your consciousness from your body and carry it to the next plane (which we don't understand), or that the DMT dosage is so strong that time is dilated exponentially and travels into the infinite arrow of time along with the rest of the universe. The point is, there is a reason that your body releases DMT, and i don't think it's simply to 'trip balls' for a couple minutes.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Nosaj5q
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:47:09 AM
that's actually an interesting theory the human body does a lot of thing we don't understand. perhaps there is a connection with DMT and out of nobody experiences as well. There needs to be a lot more study of human psyche and the "Supernatural". there someone needs to pick up where where Dr. strassman left of. specifically the pineal gland.
Slimy yet satisfying"
Nosaj5q
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:48:02 AM
At 4/25/2012 10:47:09 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:
that's actually an interesting theory the human body does a lot of thing we don't understand. perhaps there is a connection with DMT and out of nobody experiences as well. There needs to be a lot more study of human psyche and the "Supernatural". there someone needs to pick up where where Dr. strassman left of. specifically the pineal gland.

please excuse my god-awful grammar
Slimy yet satisfying"
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:49:06 AM
At 4/25/2012 10:31:22 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/25/2012 10:27:10 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:

I have a couple theories. One is that the DMT is just a catalyst to pull your consciousness from your body and carry it to the next plane (which we don't understand), or that the DMT dosage is so strong that time is dilated exponentially and travels into the infinite arrow of time along with the rest of the universe. The point is, there is a reason that your body releases DMT, and i don't think it's simply to 'trip balls' for a couple minutes.

What's DMT?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:04:49 AM
my question is how will death be experienced I mean I realize when you die you're brain becomes inactive. and what!?! is it all black is it just like being unconscious. or are you somehow able to keep thinking in a bubble of your own existence?:

Only one way to find out... test the theory :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:06:38 AM
If you don't know what DMT is, it's the chemical in the brain that allows dreams to occur, also the chemical that prevents one from experiencing physical death.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:12:20 AM

Think sleep.

It lasts forever and it's over in a moment.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:20:13 AM

Well, when your entire brain becomes inactive, you would no longer be aware that you were seeing anything, black or not.

However, there are a few milliseconds between starting to die and dying where only part of the brain is shut down. Some people theorize that in those milliseconds, one might be able to experience a hallucination or experience which may appear to last much longer than it actually does (like how dreams can feel like they occur over weeks).

Since this hallucination would be your entire world, theoretically you could have a few milliseconds (in real time) of a temporary heaven or hell. After that, there is nothing to perceive.

The problem with trying to understand "being dead" is that we cannot actually "experience" death. To experience would mean that we have the capacity to experience, which implies we are not dead.

So, it's a misleading question to ask what the experience of death is like. One can only "experience" death if some sort of soul or other form was using death as a transition.

The closest thing to "experience" I can think of is the moment between when you fall asleep and wake up 8 hours later during a dreamless night, thinking no time has passed.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:23:34 AM
At 4/25/2012 11:18:58 AM, Nosaj5q wrote:
or would it be more like anesthetic sleep that is instantaneous

I'm sure that in some instances, it's instantaneous -- say, in the event of splattering on the ground form a 30 meter drop -- but, in others, I'm sure there's a fade, such as bleeding to death or suffocating, clearly.

I mean, obviously, everything is different. In the case of suffocation, for example, you never actually experience death itself. You'll pass out from lack of oxygen minutes before you die completely.

If you get shot in the head, I'm sure it depends on how you end up getting shot. If it's with a magnum or a shotgun and your head turns into a canoe, then I'm sure you don't feel a thing, as your nervous system is no longer functioning. So, I'm sure it's just some really scary malfunctioning, where you see things all funny and can't think at all, then you just fade out, about as quickly as it takes your brain to die.

So, it depends, no?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:42:38 AM
At 4/25/2012 11:20:13 AM, Wnope wrote:

Well, when your entire brain becomes inactive, you would no longer be aware that you were seeing anything, black or not.

However, there are a few milliseconds between starting to die and dying where only part of the brain is shut down. Some people theorize that in those milliseconds, one might be able to experience a hallucination or experience which may appear to last much longer than it actually does (like how dreams can feel like they occur over weeks).

Since this hallucination would be your entire world, theoretically you could have a few milliseconds (in real time) of a temporary heaven or hell. After that, there is nothing to perceive.

The problem with trying to understand "being dead" is that we cannot actually "experience" death. To experience would mean that we have the capacity to experience, which implies we are not dead.

So, it's a misleading question to ask what the experience of death is like. One can only "experience" death if some sort of soul or other form was using death as a transition.

The closest thing to "experience" I can think of is the moment between when you fall asleep and wake up 8 hours later during a dreamless night, thinking no time has passed.

Yes. You can however, experience DMT during dreams (like you stated) or just by ingesting it. Ancient cultures and even modern cultures ingest DMT all the time and death is celebrated by those people, as it resembles the birth into a new realm.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:44:52 AM
Even if you fall from a building and splat down, I believe from the moment your forehead touches the DMT is released and you experience eternity between first touching the ground and actually splatting all over. The chemical is easily powerful enough to do that, especially at the dose that could be released. This is why death is not scary at all. Dying is not scary at all. Pain is, sure - because it sucks. But severe pain is a result of life, not death.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:52:09 AM
At 4/25/2012 11:06:38 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:
If you don't know what DMT is, it's the chemical in the brain that allows dreams to occur, also the chemical that prevents one from experiencing physical death.

Well, wikipedia only says that it may be the chemical that allows dream to occur.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:54:57 AM
At 4/25/2012 11:52:09 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 4/25/2012 11:06:38 AM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Well, wikipedia only says that it may be the chemical that allows dream to occur.

Maybe try not to rely on wikipedia as much - they extracted that idea from this link: http://www.npr.org...
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:56:49 AM
back in the 60s, scientists were actually legally allowed to study this type of thing. Now it's all illegal.

8. The Psychoatomic or Quantum Non-local Circuit (Overmind)
The eighth circuit is concerned with quantum consciousness, non-local awareness (information from beyond ordinary space-time awareness which is limited by the speed of light), illumination. Some of the ways this circuit can get activated are: the awakening of kundalini, shock, a near-death experience, etc. This circuit has even been compared to the Buddhist concept of Indra's net from the Avatamsaka Sutra. This circuit is activated by DMT and high doses of ketamine (75-125 mg IM, see "K-hole").
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 11:58:54 AM
read Prometheus Rising.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:01:11 PM
People are so quick to refute to whole non-local, supernatural studies. The thing is, ANYBODY who refutes these ideas are always the people who haven't attempted to dive into such experiences - they take it for face value and therefore their opinions are just opinions on the idea, not on the reality of the subject.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:08:12 PM
At 4/25/2012 12:01:11 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
People are so quick to refute to whole non-local, supernatural studies. The thing is, ANYBODY who refutes these ideas are always the people who haven't attempted to dive into such experiences - they take it for face value and therefore their opinions are just opinions on the idea, not on the reality of the subject.

Lies.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:11:23 PM
At 4/25/2012 12:08:12 PM, drafterman wrote:

Lies.

Case in point.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:19:48 PM
At 4/25/2012 12:11:23 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Lies.

Case in point.

You don't appear to know what words mean. Calling your statement false doesn't prove it.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:23:05 PM
At 4/25/2012 12:19:48 PM, drafterman wrote:

Lies.

Case in point.

You don't appear to know what words mean. Calling your statement false doesn't prove it.

Yeah - I know, friend. I was just assuming you were one of the individuals I had depicted, because you did not attempt to refute it in any way.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:26:40 PM
At 4/25/2012 12:23:05 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:19:48 PM, drafterman wrote:

Lies.

Case in point.

Yeah - I know, friend. I was just assuming you were one of the individuals I had depicted, because you did not attempt to refute it in any way.

If I was one of the individuals you depicted, then I wouldn't be in a position to say your statement was false. To accurately claim "Case in point" you'd need to somehow demonstrate that I have attempted to refute these ideas without attempting to dive into such experiences.

I away your demonstration. Show everyone how I haven't ever attempted to dive into such experiences.