Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

What are the odds of a seccond big bang?

cloudman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 10:05:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was wondering if you believe that a second big bang could happen after the sun explodes and wipes out everything in our solar system. Would life exist again? Would we look exactly the same? who knows give me your opinion on it
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 6:59:30 AM
At 5/5/2012 10:05:58 PM, cloudman wrote:
I was wondering if you believe that a second big bang could happen after the sun explodes and wipes out everything in our solar system. Would life exist again? Would we look exactly the same? who knows give me your opinion on it

Big Bang is in no way related to Sun's death. When Sun dies, the universe will keep going on as it did before. A second Big Bang probably won't happen, although there are some theories concerning it.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
boss1592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 8:33:14 PM
That question is unanswerable at the moment because we don't yet know what "caused" the big bang (cause isn't really the right way to put it but whatever). As has been said, the suns death has nothing to do with it, the event known as the big bang simply refers to the time when our whole universe was in a hot, dense state (epic reference) and then it expanded exponentially into the universe we see today, and indeed it still is expanding.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 7:31:57 AM
Dead stars are not uncommon, Ma'am.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 3:47:08 PM

What does the sun going out have to do with a hypothetical second Big Bang? Can you please expand on this? Frankly, I cannot see a connection...