Jump to topic:

Absolute truth

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:51:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does anyone on here hold to the opinion that there is no absolute truth. I would debate this topic if someone wants to.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:56:20 PM
The Fool:The couldn't even say it because what they were saying would have to be True. lol

Its called the 'skeptics paradox.'
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 12:17:54 AM
I don't think the skeptic's paradox is particularly strong. I'd gladly defend the proposition "There is no absolute truth" if somebody challenges me to it.
KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 7:11:03 PM
At 5/9/2012 10:51:59 PM, stubs wrote:
Does anyone on here hold to the opinion that there is no absolute truth. I would debate this topic if someone wants to.

Yeah, it's a self-defeating statement. It's a statement that commits suicide. I haven't encountered anyone who actually believed that in a long time.